Forum

ESA Ozone Open Cup #2 on Sunday, July 14 @ 14.00 CEST

Created 11th July 2013 @ 16:51

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

I would echo that if you’re making an AC client (and who made that btw?), it’d be nice to make a plugin to facilitate the ruleset changes, swapping sides, stats etc. Lot of work though I guess and it’s not gonna stop anyone playing if you don’t do it.

I think the main problem is that you’re never going to be the main league as you’re only running cups, so people are going to prioritise practicing for and playing in ETF2L and LAN over you. Also the fact that people just can’t commit a full day with random breaks to TF2.

IPZIE

SUAVE

There is only a real outcome if you play all 4 cups after buying premium for all your members and then you have to win all of them. Even becoming 2nd is gonna make you end up in a -. Atm i really have to force myself to play a whole sunday and in the end we play to support it so eventually it will grow bigger. I think if that doesn´t really change in the nearer future people will stop investing whole sundays for a long period of time to participate – as we see it already. Epsi will drag down the ebay prices for Ozone Headsets that heavily in the nearer future that they will have to sell them for 1 Dollar each :D

tl;dr: prizepool is shit -> bound to subscriptions -> why would anyone above top3 buy premium if only 1st to 2nd place will make you cover the costs if you play all 4 tournaments a month

Last edited by IPZIE,

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from IPZIE

why would anyone above top3 by premium if only 1st to 2nd place will make you cover the costs if you play all 4 tournaments a month

Because ESA is in it for the money.

They are a business that provide a service that TF2 needs, and for it to continue we must continue to support it.

Also, you will play more games there, I’m fairly sure of it! If you look at their terms and conditions, you’ll find that it says that if your account goes inactive, they can take money from you at a certain rate (if I’m not mistaken it was 1 pound per week or per month, or something).

Also the minimum amount you need to have in your wallet in order to be able to transfer it to your bank account is somewhere around 30 pounds.

So basically if you don’t win enough money to be able to transfer it elsewhere, you need to keep playing, unless you want to see it donated to Didge’s private bank account. I see an easy work-around but let’s not wake up the sleeping dogs.

Another something that goes to confirm this is their complete lack of customer service when it comes to the premium subscriptions. I foolishly bought premium in order to create an “organisation” on their website. I later asked Didge on irc if I would still be able to access my org when my premium runs out and he jokingly said “did you really buy premium just to create an org?”. Admittedly fairly stupid of me, but the fact remains that he/ESA is not willing to refund that giant sum of 5 pounds (or, for that mattter, talk about it). Instead the reply was “well it seems people are willing to spend money on that – we might as well keep it that way”. I’ll admit it was my mistake and I probably should’ve asked first, but if you’re a new business and want to build up a good name, I would think some form of customer service would be valuable..

That’s not meant to slag off ESA btw. They provide a service that adds some form of professionalism to TF2, which is obviously a good thing. Just be aware of their T&C’s, and know what you get yourself into when you spend money there.

Koeitje

AUTOBOTS

Better be a league and not a one-day cup. And fuck skill tiers. It’s better to just slack a bit so you drop a tier to win some shit.

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

Just you wait til they start taking commission from it…

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

all the top teams signing up for dota 2, quake and csgo huehuehue

IPZIE

SUAVE

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

They are a business that provide a service that TF2 needs, and for it to continue we must continue to support it.

Explain please, and list the benefits of these cups compared to others that we had which we didnt have to financially carry until they are self sustainable.
Good idea to have an ETF2L vs UGC showmatch at the same time to show some support(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ

Last edited by IPZIE,

Didge-

I wouldn’t say ESA is in it for the money… Sure, its structured so it has the potential to make profit – cash is king in all walks of life… development, staff, time, resources… all things that cost money to move things forward – so yeah, any company who wants to grow needs to show some ways of profit to grow.

I wouldn’t say ESA are intending on profiteering on gamers though. If you look at the turnover of existing esports orgs and the percentage of their turnover they give away as prizes… and consider ours again, ESA is generous.

Also, you will play more games there, I’m fairly sure of it! If you look at their terms and conditions, you’ll find that it says that if your account goes inactive, they can take money from you at a certain rate (if I’m not mistaken it was 1 pound per week or per month, or something).

The inactive policy was something that was drafted in, as it was seen in nearly all t&c of companies with a wallet… This is not something that happens, the website isn’t capable of doing and accounting for such things… It’s so far down on the list of priorities, I forgot it was there.

Again, the withdrawal limit thing was put in and should be removed. For those who have been withdrawing £6, £8 and £10 would vouch that rule isn’t really a rule and will be removed.

Another something that goes to confirm this is their complete lack of customer service when it comes to the premium subscriptions. I foolishly bought premium in order to create an “organisation” on their website. I later asked Didge on irc if I would still be able to access my org when my premium runs out and he jokingly said “did you really buy premium just to create an org?”. Admittedly fairly stupid of me, but the fact remains that he/ESA is not willing to refund that giant sum of 5 pounds (or, for that mattter, talk about it). Instead the reply was “well it seems people are willing to spend money on that – we might as well keep it that way”. I’ll admit it was my mistake and I probably should’ve asked first, but if you’re a new business and want to build up a good name, I would think some form of customer service would be valuable..

I was surprised you bought a premium solely to create an organisation. I still am tbh. If you’re still grieving over parting ways with £5 – I will give you the money back.

I’m sure some members of this community would say I have gone beyond what is expected of me… especially the ones who have had me on team viewer – setting up things unrelated to ESA. Or the guy who was given money to buy premium, because the payment processer (now fixed) was blocking payments from his jurisdiction, just so he could get some extra prize money. There just two examples that spring to mind, but there are more.

At the end of the day… I am trying to get a new service off the ground. A service which is trying to support a community nearly everybody has overlooked or dropped.

Unfortunately for TF2 – you’re not a target community for sponsors to reach. I think so far though, in our very early stages, we have showed some positive signs – we have learned some lessons and are looking at improving the service. We will continue to learn and improve. If your community wants to be part of it, fantastic.

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

Hmm,

When looking at what group of TF2 players the ESA tries to target, then I think they are doing themselves short. By organising events that last a whole sunday, from sunday morning to the evening, they are targeting players that have the time to play a whole sunday and more specifically whole teams of players that can play a whole sunday and can start on sunday morning even. And I dont think there are alot of teams that are willing to do that. So you are looking at people that are extremely dedicated (pro-teams mostly for the money and fame) or teams that casually play in weekends together.

Where as most ETF2L teams are used to playing on weekdays after 20:00 CEST. And will play more or less 5 pcw’s (about 2 hours of TF2) per evening. I recall a thread about the amount of pcw’s per evening per team a while ago.

So there is a discrepancy in the timewindow for teams that are willing to play officials and the ESA timewindow, I feel. But correct me when I’m wrong.

I feel, there are alot more teams that would like to play official games in off-season periods and would like to play in the ESA, but feel uncomfortable with playing sunday morning until late.

Last edited by Andee,

Jose

Lutunen

has the money from cup 2 been given yet?? :)

Last edited by Jose,

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Didge-

I was surprised you bought a premium solely to create an organisation. I still am tbh. If you’re still grieving over parting ways with £5 – I will give you the money back.

Come on Didge, surely you understand it’s not about the money? The point is that, as I pointed out on IRC at least twice already, you admit to a mistake on your end, yet refuse to rectify it with your customers. Instead you seem to prefer to make fun of and abuse their stupidity. That’s just not acceptable. Keep the 5 pounds as a donation if you must, I honestly don’t care about the money.

IPZIE

SUAVE

Kalkin come save me

Arie

(serveme.tf)
FB
[FB]

Less often but bigger prize pool, stretched over 2-3 evenings. That would be my preference.

IPZIE

SUAVE

Quoted from Arie

Less often but bigger prize pool, stretched over 2-3 evenings. That would be my preference.

Didge-

Spike, you have just been refunded £5

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »