Forum

pickup.con-gaming.net

Created 15th May 2013 @ 15:01

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 17 Next »

atmo

Quoted from atmo

Links aren’t parsed in the chat. http://stackoverflow.com/questions/161738/what-is-the-best-regular-expression-to-check-if-a-string-is-a-valid-url

Page does not resize to fit browser dimensions. http://jscal.es/2012/05/25/dead-simple-responsive-design/

3 system scrollbars on one page (browser, user list, chat) looks ugly. http://jscrollpane.kelvinluck.com/#

Forgot to post the earlier changelogs…

*Added basic link support in chat.
*Added !last command in chat.

*Nickname updates should be more frequent now.

*Made TF2 server now kicks people before a new pickup is started on the server.
*Fixed an outdated link to the match page in chat.
*Everyone can now access the ongoing pickup’s match page.
*Made the ready-up sound louder.

Last edited by Datenshi,

Godof

I like this new pickup channel very much for a few reasons.
The level is relatively high (div 3-ish for every pickup i’ve been so far) so the gameplay is serious and no “lel i tek enji zis vil bi fani” faggots.
AFK kicking system exists, unlike in tf2pickup, where you can either get banned for adding up and not removing or if a pickup starts and there are always 2 afks…
Sub system looks convenient.
The interface looks nice.
And the best part is the new friend system- this is just awesome,makes people wanna med up for a change.

Thanks for doing it,guys!

quartz

This is really turning out to be quite nice :D

*Last player to add to the pickup is now automatically set to ready.

Last edited by Datenshi,

TurboTabs

(Classy)
Op4

Loving this pickup more than tf2pickup.

Still though, might I suggest a different sound to the ‘ready up’ bit. Having something tf2 related makes it difficult to distinguish when someone is playing public tf2. Which people usually do whilst waiting for a pickup to start.

BenBazinga

Garlic.tf

Quoted from TurboTabs

might I suggest a different sound to the ‘ready up’ bit.

Please don’t use a dull “Pickup starting” sound :P

BUG:
After everyone rupped it still waits for the minute to finish, we had to wait 30 secs after everyone rupped

Last edited by BenBazinga,

Quoted from BenBazinga

[…]
Please don’t use a dull “Pickup starting” sound :P

BUG:
After everyone rupped it still waits for the minute to finish, we had to wait 30 secs after everyone rupped

Not a bug. That is the intended behavior. We might shorten the time at some point, but the extra time is used to prep up the server and medics can still friend everyone during that time.

BenBazinga

Garlic.tf

Quoted from Datenshi

[…]

Not a bug. That is the intended behavior. We might shorten the time at some point, but the extra time is used to prep up the server and medics can still friend everyone during that time.

Ok, thanks for making that clear, I’ve had some great games today on this site!

Яyan

I’m presuming that the ELO system will be less efficient with players that haven’t played matches before on this site.

Quoted from Яyan

I’m presuming that the ELO system will be less efficient with players that haven’t played matches before on this site.

Correct. Everyone starts out with the same basic ELO.

Last edited by Datenshi,

slate

(ETF2L Donator)
AMG

I agree with the ready up sound, also I think it would be neat if you could opt in to get sound notifications if a sub is needed.

.kr4tos

(ETF2L Donator)
FLANK
DGB

Quoted from TurboTabs

Loving this pickup more than tf2pickup.

Still though, might I suggest a different sound to the ‘ready up’ bit. Having something tf2 related makes it difficult to distinguish when someone is playing public tf2. Which people usually do whilst waiting for a pickup to start.

exactly! :-)

ash

(Legend)
:D

I love the feature that the game restarts when everyone goes spec. :3

Trath

Quoted from ash

I love the feature that the game restarts when everyone goes spec. :3

Well if you really want you can email Robbin Walker and let him know of your opinion, because that is an in-game feature that has always been there.

Last edited by Trath,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 7 8 9 ... 17 Next »