TF2Pickup.net sponsored by SimRai.com

Created 12th December 2012 @ 00:43

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 72 73 74 ... 84 Next »

Kuferl

(TF2Pickup.net Unicorn)
FLANK

Quoted from winterz

[…]

Nice effort, but that is a very confusing graph.

i know :P
i’ll try to make a better one

Edit: new one:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/bg3lcribsbcukud/MarchApril.pdf

Last edited by Kuferl,

AnimaL

is it just me or do you “accept sub reqest” by pressing space or enter in pickup page? cuz i was writing in chat and suddenly it said im subbing something..

Kuferl

(TF2Pickup.net Unicorn)
FLANK

Quoted from AnimaL

is it just me or do you “accept sub reqest” by pressing space or enter in pickup page? cuz i was writing in chat and suddenly it said im subbing something..

First time heard of that. And i don’t think it should be possible at all. I’ll have a look though

AnimaL

i might have clicked some button by accident with my touchpad then if not possible -_-

LaMqTa

fenneks

Hello everybody! We haven’t posted any news since May…but thats because we’ve been busy with exams/work and uni projects! We are back with some great news! So i will directly copy-paste our last news post on our official steam group!

It’s been a while since there was a summary of all the things that were recently changed or tweaked on http://TF2Pickup.net

Announcer volume slider
We’ve tried to do our best on normalizing the volumes each announcer response, but not every announcer has the same volume, nor does everyone have the same sound preferences. So we decided we should add a volume slider, which you can find top right in the menu bar, where you also find the most recent pickup you play(ed) in and your profile.

Showing map, pre-ready & Socket update
The part that keeps everyone added up and allows for chatting, alerts and the !help commands in chat, the socket, also got some updates.¹ It will show which map is going to be played in the pickup, prevent you from adding up if you just joined a pickup to give others a chance to play and is being prepared for possible multiple region support so we can provide pickup servers in parts of the world that aren’t Europe.

ELO based pickup balancing
To be less dependant on the ETF2L divisions system and eventually become independent of this we have decided to develop our own ELO/Ranking system to balance pickups. Playing in pickups and doing good will improve your rating/ranking/skill where constant suicides might work in div 7 or lobbies, but won’t help you here.

Invite your friends, team mates & hat simulator enthusiasts to play pickups on http://TF2Pickup.net

The TF2Pickup.net Staff

¹ Steam Overlay browser is currently not fully supported by the socket.

But thats not all. Today we decided to create and start a new project called “Highlander special”. We decided to create a steam group, where people can post annoucements and motivate each other to join our, especially highlander, pickupbot and use it whenever they want! Here is the steam group – http://steamcommunity.com/groups/TF2PickupNETHL Also i would like to give some more information about the upcoming changes on the map pools. We decided to test this weekend and hopefully add some of the newest(or maybe not so new) TF2 competitive maps like logjam, craneways, intermodal and more… so stay tuned about more information! :)

Last edited by LaMqTa,

Kuferl

(TF2Pickup.net Unicorn)
FLANK

I simply don’t have as much time as I’d love to contribute towards TF2Pickup, therefore we’re looking for another developer to help us out.

We’re mainly looking for people who have knowledge (and experience?^^) with PHP and general HTML/CSS/JS, as this would be your main part.

People with node.js/socket.io experience would be welcomed too, as I’m not an expert on that ;)

If you got any questions or want to apply add me!

LaMqTa

fenneks

Quoted from Kuferl

I simply don’t have as much time as I’d love to contribute towards TF2Pickup, therefore we’re looking for another developer to help us out.

We’re mainly looking for people who have knowledge (and experience?^^) with PHP and general HTML/CSS/JS, as this would be your main part.

People with node.js/socket.io experience would be welcomed too, as I’m not an expert on that ;)

If you got any questions or want to apply add me!

Bump!

Kuferl

(TF2Pickup.net Unicorn)
FLANK

Our service and website will be mostly down until tomorrow due to some problems (and fails on my side) and using that to do some upgrading.

Sorry for the downtime!

Arthur

WM

random question, but is SIMRAI.com providing the site as well as the game servers?

LaMqTa

fenneks

Quoted from Arthur

random question, but is SIMRAI.com providing the site as well as the game servers?

Nope. We are using the donations to keep the web-servers alive!

Kuferl

(TF2Pickup.net Unicorn)
FLANK

the problems with the webserver or kinda my bad, really sorry about that

Arthur

WM

We appreciate the time you spend ^^, I am a webmaster for ~50 sites or so. So I can probably host the site for free, I would have to check a couple of things, but I’m pretty sure I can. Would this be of interest?

svins

alus
P.O.P

When will the site be up yo? I want to beast traders!

Kuferl

(TF2Pickup.net Unicorn)
FLANK

sorry i have no real clue atm =/
and yeah arthur, i’ll add you to talk =)

Collaide

Site is up but doesn’t appear to be working? At least not for me.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 72 73 74 ... 84 Next »