Forum

TF2Pickup.net sponsored by SimRai.com

Created 12th December 2012 @ 00:43

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 32 33 34 ... 84 Next »

huhystah

fk

Crafz

Quoted from nTraum

why do you have to take everything so personal?

I know it’s only the minority of people who are from heroes. But i’m still bothered by it. Not as strongly as you might think thou. I just like to be right.

Edit: fk = fuck?

Last edited by Crafz,

Panromir

|LZ|

I dont see this working out very long if you guys, and im not only addressing Crafz, take things, not even everything but anything, personal.

Naturally you will get negative feedback, naturally, you will get repeated negative feedback, naturally some feedback will not be the smartest, and naturally some people are just plain stupid.
Im not quite sure what you really expected when you started this project in the first place. Being an admin and/or a leader of something that has a userbase of more than 10 nautrally results in things not always going well.

You want a solution? Get a proper bugtracker. Apparently people repeatedly posting about the same bug was the initial problem that caused crafz to abandon the project (partially? Can’t really be bothered to read up on all the childish drama that happened here).

And crafz, if you keep this attitude up you will be the one killing the project. Get over yourself and your pride and work on it, but dont make a big fuss if something you don’t like happens.

Take big supporters of the active scene as an example, Arie, CanFo, SonnyBlack, all the head admins of the big communities. Do you ever hear them moan about stupid players publicly? No. Doesnt mean they dont encounter them. Also doesn’t mean they never had bad days.
They get over it and move on. So should you. Don’t cause drama. The end.

Crafz

I know exactly what has to be done for tf2pickup.net to survive the test of time and upcoming competitors. The fact the I’m not doing any of that does not mean that I don’t know what to do. I know all the bugs and have lots of features in mind. There is a ton of work to be done otherwise tf2pickup.net may very well die when any decent competitor comes along, I’m fully aware of that. And I really can’t tell you now if I will do the job or never get to work on it again.

Spike Himself

TC

Well let’s hope someone actually motivated comes along then, and picks things up.

Pun 100% accidental.

Can we please stop bickering now?

Sheepsi

SOAS

Quoted from Crafz

I know exactly what has to be done for tf2pickup.net to survive the test of time and upcoming competitors. The fact the I’m not doing any of that does not mean that I don’t know what to do. I know all the bugs and have lots of features in mind. There is a ton of work to be done otherwise tf2pickup.net may very well die when any decent competitor comes along, I’m fully aware of that. And I really can’t tell you now if I will do the job or never get to work on it again.

so just ignore what everyone is saying and mind your own shit man.. if you know all the bugs just ignore everyone and reply to the only stuff that matters.

Crafz

Quoted from Spike Himself

Well let’s hope someone actually motivated comes along then, and picks things up.

There is really nothing to pick up except for the users.

Can we please stop bickering now?

Sound good to me.

maidos

consider doing something about xtime who trolls so much in tf2pickup
http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198034701301
like today when he joined 3 pickups but never actually play on them except on the third one. And he just wanted to play with his friends so it doesnt really explain why he joined those two pickups and not actually play on them… he keep doing it all the time

MisterPixels

Quoted from maidos

like today when he joined 3 pickups but never actually play on them except on the third one. And he just wanted to play with his friends so it doesnt really explain why he joined those two pickups and not actually play on them… he keep doing it all the time

vouch’d

BenBazinga

Garlic.tf

Whenever you create something like this, (whether it is good or bad). You will receive more negative feedback than positive feedback and unfortunately most of the negative feedback won’t be constructive at all.
I’m sure there are a lot of people who are really happy that tf2pickup was made, but most of them just don’t come to this forum to tell it, because in they won’t get a response to “Awesome, I love tf2pickup. Nothing to improve” whereas they will get a response to “OMG, THIS F*CKING S*CKS D*CKS. NEVER PLAY HERE, IT’S SH*T” (I’m generalising here to make the message clearer).
So I’ll first list some of the strong points of tf2pickup and then give some things that aren’t the best about the site, based on my limited experience with it.
Strong
-Relatively high skill level
-Most people use a mic
-Most people speak English
-Other players give you tips to improve
-Pro players occasionally join, I’ve played with Numlocked :
Tips
-Map voting system
-Better design
-Stat tracking and match making based on that would be extremely cool
-If I team up with a couple of friends there’s no way to make sure we’ll be on the same team.

I hope this helped, and let me know if anyone (dis)agrees with anything I’ve said.

Edit:
Changed the structure of some sentences & got rid of typos

Last edited by BenBazinga,

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

I played 2 games of this, first game I played with some people who were really friendly and good fun, I think we may have even lost I can’t remember but it was enjoyable.

Second game I played with some randoms, two of whom were some people who barely spoke English and were complaining, yelling stupidly, off-classing pointlessly and made it really boring to play in.

You got the good and bad side of it, I think you need an easier reporting system as I felt these people should be punished in some way but I couldn’t work out how to even report a player so I left it.

Link!

.:ne:.

Quoted from maidos

This and all the other players (mainly Israelis) who switch teams to play with each other, off class half of the time and speak their own language instead of English.

Coleman

TEZC
TEZC

Quoted from Link!

This and all the other players (mainly Israelis) who switch teams to play with each other, off class half of the time and speak their own language instead of English.

MisterPixels

Quoted from Link!

[…]

maidos

Quoted from Link!

[…]

couldnt agree more, when theres 2 israelis they always speak hebrew despite us asking them to speak english they just completely ignore us.

theres a reason why there are more and more players who are not playing pickup as soon as we see an israeli on the pickup since we have bad experience due to their trolls and their inconsideration.

Last edited by maidos,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 32 33 34 ... 84 Next »