Forum

Ultiduo servers

Created 6th November 2012 @ 15:46

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Monkeh

.:ne:.

The practice servers we threw up have had an upgrade.

Humbug has written a plug in that now runs the cfg and kicks the losing the team to spec after the win conditions of the config have been met…such a boss.

So now you can actually queue up and wait for a game like nice little people a la MGE. This is really nice and a great way for getting some practice in for the tournament but also in general. No doubt a bit of ultiduo helps sharpen the old killer instinct for sollies.

Anyway, go have a look and play a few matches on these servers here:

connect ne4.nervousenergy.co.uk:27075
connect ne4.nervousenergy.co.uk:27085

See you around.

humbug

there’s not an actual queue system as yet like MGE but i will be working on it when i get time / can be bothered :)

in the mean time it’s probably best to join as a pair and although the losing team get moved to spec it’s first pair to join after that :) .

i just quickly did the plugin to make it a little fairer so that people actually got to play.

Kaneco

This sound awesome!!

I tried your ultiduo servers for the first time last night but with this script it will be even better…

By the way do you have any bball servers or thinking about it as well?

humbug

Due to more people than expected using the servers we’ve added another server and made all servers 8 slots. People were having to wait too long with 12 slots so we had the choice of adding another server or reducing the win limit to 1.

We’ll be keeping an eye on how long it take people to actually get a turn and if it’s still to high we’ll reduce the win limit as well.

connect ne4.nervousenergy.co.uk:27095

I didnt think about bball servers no… but after the ultiduo stuff we may convert one to a bball server with the same plugin on.

zen1th

PRXSM
LEGO

Used these for practice yesterday, worked great :D

humbug

altered server #3 to be win limit 1 to make it a faster game turnaround

EDIT

bug fix – no longer moves losing team to spec if 4 players or less

Last edited by humbug,

Leif

Servers are lagging quite much, you should make them autorestarting every 6hours like mge.

Monkeh

They’ll be tweaked and made betterer as we go…or as humbug gets time to fix and update stuff.

humbug

ok.. we have a test server that i would like everyone to test and slag me off for the shit plugin i made :) (cos that’s what’s gonna happen when people leave feedback over a keyboard right?)

the server is 81.19.221.204:28015

there is a queue/invite system….. basically… if the server is above 4 players this is what happens

.. losing teams gets moved out
.. the invite system becomes active (needs 6 people to be actually active)
.. people who agree to team up get priority in the queue (auto moved in based on queue position)

need people to test as and when they can please

cheers guys..

yes i know there are still LOTS to sort out but i just wanted to get the bare bones out there to test.

This server has both ultiduo and bball2.. both maps work with this plugin (as far as i know – limited testing done so far)

Last edited by humbug,

Add A Reply Pages: 1