Forum

serveme.tf - free TF2 server reservations

Created 25th October 2012 @ 09:38

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 35 Next »

Kaneco

Quoted from Arie

[…]
Hey thanks for the suggestion, I've noticed that issue as well. Some people make a reservation early in the day and don't play until normal match times. This way they make sure they have a server to play their match on, but block anyone from using that server during the daytime.
It's a side effect of keeping the system as simple as possible, both technically and for someone making the reservation.
I'm not sure how and if I want to solve this issue in the system, I could try asking the people that make a blocking reservation to stop doing that first ;)

I understand people booking early in the day for the whole day but it’s a bit selfish from them, last time I booked I used it only for about 40 mins and immediatly closed reservation. The second time I tried to book, all the servers were already reserved with reserve times around lunch.

Not sure if people are forgetting to close their reservations or if they are really booking it for the entire day, but it’s a bit selfish from them anyway.

Maybe add a more visible warning to remember people to close reservations as soon as possible or something?

Or even that activity check, just do a simple check on any server, like every hour check for activity on the server, if there’s no one the reservation is automatically closed, not sure if that would be a bit resource consuming.

It’s just that’s wrong to be using a server which is for the community for 8-10 hours a day if you are only going to use 1-2 of those hours

Last edited by Kaneco,

Arie

(serveme.tf)
FB
[FB]

Quoted from Kaneco

[…]

I’ve been thinking about your suggestion some more and checked the logs. There’s a few players blocking a server daily for many hours, while sometimes not even playing.

For now I’ve built a little nag-message when you make your reservation. You only get to see this message if you haven’t ‘ended’ all your reservations in the last week.
I hope this will be effective, else I’ll have no choice but blocking/limiting the reservations of people who reserve a server all day without really using it.

Last edited by Arie,

CapTVK

HoT<3

Maybe you could introduce a small fee based system for making reservations? For example 1 scrap to rent the server for an hour, a recl for 3 hour etc…

Trade bots are quite advanced these days. It could work in conjuction with the reservation system. Make a reservation, contact the bot and pay the fee.

Arie

(serveme.tf)
FB
[FB]

Quoted from CapTVK

Maybe you could introduce a small fee based system for making reservations? For example 1 scrap to rent the server for an hour, a recl for 3 hour etc…

Trade bots are quite advanced these days. It could work in conjuction with the reservation system. Make a reservation, contact the bot and pay the fee.

Hehe, I hadn’t thought about that :) However, the company where I rent my server doesn’t accept TF2 items as payment :D

CapTVK

HoT<3

I guess cash could be even better but I think a fee tradebot would help a bit with the no-shows. People tend to take things a bit more serious if they have to pay a (small) fee (even with virtual items).

I do think getting some experience with trade bots might be helpful. Maybe not so much for the FB reservation system but for future events. Think quick tournaments with an entry fee : pay a key, play your rounds and collect your winnings from a bot once the winner is official.

Arie

(serveme.tf)
FB
[FB]

Quoted from CapTVK

I do think getting some experience with trade bots might be helpful. Maybe not so much for the FB reservation system but for future events. Think quick tournaments with an entry fee : pay a key, play your rounds and collect your winnings from a bot once the winner is official.

Oh that’s awesome :) I’ll think about that for a bit.

For now the ‘nag’ message when you forgot to end a reservation in the last week seems to be working. 8 reservations tonight by 8 different users, 7 of whom ended it after their matches were done. Now if only player “Death nd medic,sc” learns to end his/her reservations :)

Jarppa

Feacon

If FakkelBrigade has interest on sponsoring cups, they could donate the income to prize pools and stuff.

Arie

(serveme.tf)
FB
[FB]

Whitelists, configs and maps updated for S14, thanks to Maidos for bringing it to my attention. :)

CapTVK

HoT<3

Arie,

Did you get around to looking at trade (donation) bots as an option?

As a side note, here’s a link to the steambot API set by Jessecar96 (the guy behind tf.scrap)

https://github.com/Jessecar96/SteamBot

There are other steambots around with similar functionality but that is mostly private code.

Last edited by CapTVK,

Arie

(serveme.tf)
FB
[FB]

Quoted from CapTVK

Arie,

Did you get around to looking at trade (donation) bots as an option?

As a side note, here’s a link to the steambot API set by Jessecar96 (the guy behind tf.scrap)

https://github.com/Jessecar96/SteamBot

There are other steambots around with similar functionality but that is mostly private code.

Yeah I’m not going to bother with a steambot for now, because I’m not interested in virtual items.

Other new stuff:
Top 10 users: http://server.fakkelbrigade.eu/pages/top_10
Donation by kustom3 <3: http://server.fakkelbrigade.eu/pages/credits

Last edited by Arie,

Arie

(serveme.tf)
FB
[FB]

Yesterday was the busiest day so far, 12 reservations :)

I’m starting work on a big update, here’s the plan:
– Add scheduling of reservations for a date/time, book a server for up to 3 hours on a given date and time.
– Change current reservation system to book a server for 3 hours from the moment of reservation instead of the entire day.
– View your recent reservations, so you can re-download your previous log/demo zipfiles and check on your upcoming reservations.
– Remove 00:00-03:00 reservation block and automatic 03:00 server restart.

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Sounds great :)

Monkeh

.:ne:.

I think you need some vouchers to give away tbh.

Arie

(serveme.tf)
FB
[FB]

Quoted from Monkeh

I think you need some vouchers to give away tbh.

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
VOUCHER VOUCHER VOUCHER VOUCHER VOUCHER
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

Here you go! Like my webzone and +1 my Googles to double your voucher, thanks!

Monkeh

Best voucher EU!

AND IT CAN BE DOUBLED!!!

Don’t hesitate guys and gals, get that webzone liked and his googles +1’d…QUICK!

:DDDD

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 35 Next »