Forum

New server - CW settings, ETF2L maps, votecommands, NO CHOKE, no noobs

Created 4th March 2009 @ 23:31

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Jocker

-GoV-

We just opened a 16 slots server that aims to attrack above average players (or at least, discourage total noobs) that want to have a quick good game without organizing clanwars or waiting for pickups or joining 32 slots spam-fest servers..
It has the ETF2L config with minor tweaks (no tournament mode), vote commands to kick morons & change map, hlstatsx points tracking and it runs ETF2L maps.
Last but not least, there’s no choke :)

This is the server address: 195.43.185.164:27215
It is located in northern Italy, usually the ping isn’t bad from Europe.
Put it in your favorites and if you haven’t got anything better to do, please give it a try :)
We are open to any suggestion, don’t be shy xD

eoN^

Looks good, downloading atm so ill check it out tomorrow and try and put a lil effort into filling it :>

Nice idea though so I wanna help :>

Can you also vote for maps etc? That would be nice :3

Jonni

[FB]

added to favorites. will check it out. need more pubs like this :)

edit: redman’s right about the choke. we have established you, yourself have no choke :P

Redman350

[FB]

Nice idea, I’ll definitely try it out.

Also the only way you can say a server has no choke is if you supply everyone who joins with a perfectly stable ISP and a PC that can maintain 70+ FPS….

Renegade

Imperial

get rid of hlstatsx and your average skill level will increase massively…

frooker

I agree with that, remove hlstatsx. ;)

Shabbaman

GoT<3
HoT<3

How do you discourage newbies?

Iller

tGa

Sounds good. I also agree that removing Hlstats would be a good idea. Too many people will only care about themselves and their points otherwise.

So how to discourage total noobs ? The biggest problem I see on public servers is that very few players care about the objectives of the game.
You could have just one enemy alive capping and the ten alive teammates of yours will do nothing about it.
They usually don’t react at all to the icons below showing that a capping is in progress and just keep on walking to some totally irrelevant place of the map.

Maybe they should recieve an electric shock every time they do this ?
Seriously, I don’t know what do do about it. A really annoying sound and a large red blinking “red alert” icon blocking their sight until they do something useful ?
Or maybe other players/admins should write specifically to those players just fooling around without purpose ?

paixhaine

H!

“hlstatsx points tracking”

Did you say no noobs ?

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

you can use hlx, but all team points should go to everyone, so everyone win

frooker

So everyone joins the winning team? My suggestions is to simply remove it. ;)

AnimaL

never seen tf2 server with no choke… is this a skam?

Akill

Noobs typically join dustbowl/pl_ map 24-32 man servers, ones with instaspawn gain even more attention. 16 man server running etf2l maps will cull about 90% of the heard. Giving etf2l players voting rights only will be the next step to ensure a good player policy :P

Jocker

-GoV-

Thank you for your comments: that’s the feedback i need.
Ok, I’ll remove the stats.

I’ve created a steam group for this server: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/nonoobs please join it if you want to be notified of updates or quickly find people to fill it in these first days. I’ll make group admin anyone willing to help fill this server, so they can create steam events.
I’d also like to give server admin powers to regular and trusted players, but for this I’ll need to talk to the other admin.
Got so many ideas for this server, and so little time to do everything… :(

Can you also vote for maps etc? That would be nice :3
Yes, through the rtv chat command. Other voting options are available by typing !votemenu in chat.

Also the only way you can say a server has no choke is if you supply everyone who joins with a perfectly stable ISP and a PC that can maintain 70+ FPS….
You are right saying that choke depends on clients’ bandwidth and rate settings too (btw, not on FPS), but obliviously i meant choke introduced by the server :)
If your connection is fast enough and you don’t have low rate settings, you won’t experience any choke on this server, while you will have choke issues on most other servers.

never seen tf2 server with no choke… is this a skam?
no server side choke.

For the noobs problem: as Akill said this kind of server and map list won’t attrack them a lot. A “no noobs” in the server name might help. And with all the admins I’d like to make and the kick votes, the worst ones should be eliminated.
[joke]what about a poll made every 10 minutes that ask: “are you a noob? [1]yes, [2]no”. It is well known that noobs always vote [1] without reading the question.[/joke]

destructo

Why do u need stats for a “mix server”?

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »