Forum

UV-Gaming Looking for new Staff and Teams

Created 27th February 2012 @ 09:20

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

Quoted from kraski

There’s no boundaries when it comes to your nationalities so feel free to apply.

Thats great, ill talk to my team about it and then i might send you an e-mail :)

kraski

Quoted from atmo

Interesting to see an Irish org supporting TF2, the community here is pretty small. Good luck anyway.

We’ve supported 2 rather successful teams over the past 3 years.
In comparison, TF2 community is the same size as the entire Irish scene put together ;)

dougiie

CotC

Quoted from Ghent

Our mumble sounds like father ted.

You love it.

Nmx

ᴷᵈ

nvm

Last edited by Nmx,

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

LAN Support ? What Happened at i43? Lololol

kraski

Quoted from smziii

LAN Support ? What Happened at i43? Lololol

Never sent a team to i43, or even discussed the possibility.

Nmx

ᴷᵈ

Just gonna put my story in since some people asked me.

We didnt get support of UV for i43. We asked, but they just said, other lans yes, not multiplay. Fair enough ( kinda strange though, cause I-series are the big thing for TF2). After we got 5th place / 6th ( ye it was a mix cause we couldnt bring over the others ( too expensive ) he said he wasnt aware of us going ( or something ) and he wanted to discuss it to go there (support) I was like, wait wutT??. Also we had issues with working mumble / server iirc.

Maybe this has changed, maybe not. Reorganize sounds good.

Sorry for lack of interesting in making this an awesome post and by no means are any of my old teammates responsible for this post.

Also this is my last post on this matter, gave all the info i know and wish everyone goodluck bladiebla
peace Nmx.

Last edited by Nmx,

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Kraski is a good man, and Nmx’ story is correct. I’d like to further clarify on this because it seems that some things got pulled out of context a bit.

It is in no way true that kraski didn’t keep to an agreement or something; lan support simply was never part of our deal with UV, and was only lightly discussed as maybe a “future possibility”.

However, like Nmx mentioned though, I did discuss the fact that my UV team was going to attend i43 with a partial lineup and we were looking for possible funds to send even more than a partial lineup (or just a little pocket money for an already expensive trip in exchange for promoting the organisation’s name). My team just had a good run online, finishing both ETF2L and ESL seasons div2 and ending up 2nd and 1st place respectively in the divs, but still it was only div2 so I didn’t count on actually getting sponsoring from UV, which we didn’t get. No real problem or controversy there.

We did feel though, that support and activity from UV was somewhat stagnant. I think kraski can probably agree with this (he mentions the “small break” in his opening post). UV had very few active teams/players, there was no actual website, and nobody to do coverage/exposure/promotion. So we decided to look for another organisation that seemed more active and growing, which we did (and then 4 out of 6 players went cba-mode and the team folded, LAWL).

Now I’m seeing kraski doing somewhat of a reboot, and I’m happy to read that he’s still looking to support competitive TF2 alongside these more popular “action rts” (apparently that’s the official genre name) games. We still go the best community after all :P. Good luck in finding the right team to play under the UV flag!

Last edited by skeej,

Quoted from Ghent

Our mumble sounds like father ted.

Father Ted & The weird foreigner

atmo

I love you pinky

kraski

Quoted from Nmx

Just gonna put my story in since some people asked me.

We didnt get support of UV for i43. We asked, but they just said, other lans yes, not multiplay. Fair enough ( kinda strange though, cause I-series are the big thing for TF2). After we got 5th place / 6th ( ye it was a mix cause we couldnt bring over the others ( too expensive ) he said he wasnt aware of us going ( or something ) and he wanted to discuss it to go there (support) I was like, wait wutT??. Also we had issues with working mumble / server iirc.

Maybe this has changed, maybe not. Reorganize sounds good.

Sorry for lack of interesting in making this an awesome post and by no means are any of my old teammates responsible for this post.

Also this is my last post on this matter, gave all the info i know and wish everyone goodluck bladiebla
peace Nmx.

Wasn’t planning on replying to this message but seems like it all turned to a pissing competition.

Some of this is ridiculous, working IRC server? I don’t see how I have anything to do with an IRC server. I don’t even recall anyone complaining about voice servers, you’re just making up accusations since someone must’ve pissed in your trumpet.

Also, I don’t see an organisation supporting a mix team to an event especially when the entire team wasn’t able to attend. As I stated, I did not want to send any of the teams to I-Series during summer. UV went inactive for the entire summer due to many complications.

Either way, as skeej stated, lan support was just a slight possibility but we made a deal to focus on online rather than offline.

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

iirc -> if I recall correctly

erratic

Quoted from kraski

[…]

Wasn’t planning on replying to this message but seems like it all turned to a pissing competition.

Some of this is ridiculous, working IRC server? I don’t see how I have anything to do with an IRC server. I don’t even recall anyone complaining about voice servers, you’re just making up accusations since someone must’ve pissed in your trumpet.

Also, I don’t see an organisation supporting a mix team to an event especially when the entire team wasn’t able to attend. As I stated, I did not want to send any of the teams to I-Series during summer. UV went inactive for the entire summer due to many complications.

Either way, as skeej stated, lan support was just a slight possibility but we made a deal to focus on online rather than offline.

You shouldnt have replied, i cant really see the necessity to reply, when skeej just cleared things up, all you just contributed to, was making yourself look less professional, but whatever, your call :)

Nmx

ᴷᵈ

LoL

kraski

Quoted from erratic

[…]

You shouldnt have replied, i cant really see the necessity to reply, when skeej just cleared things up, all you just contributed to, was making yourself look less professional, but whatever, your call :)

Wasn’t going to but I didn’t want to continue this conversation, either way the Recruitment is over and I’d like to thank everyone for applying ;)

Thank you guys, as always TF2 community has shown its positive attitude!

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »