Forum

Tonight: Ubercharge Tournament Final!

Created 12th May 2010 @ 20:21

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 12 13 14 Next »

Warmaster

-[MG]-
HL

Quoted from d2m

Can you tell us the “top 16 teams” that you seeded? :)

Dignitas
Frost grandpapa
Mister
Rockit
Broder
Idk? Pink
Infernal Gamers
Power Gaming
TCM
SpecialAttack
WeMadeFux
Complexity
TLR
Unexist
Stoic
Idk?

By the looks of it:)

All in all pretty good, one could argue 1 or 2 teams would’ve deserved a seed more but the main problem is that there should have been 32 seeds for all the d1 and d2 teams

Last edited by Warmaster,

bpf

rockit

Quoted from d2m

[…]

I’m surprised you compare it to the 5th cup though bpf. The 5th Cup wasn’t a serious tournament for many thousands of euros worth of prizes, hence why we had the IRC bot drawing the rounds live to make it a little more interactive.

but still the “many thousands of euros worth of prizes” only go to the first 3 teams and I don’t think that any of the teams we didn’t seed has a real chance of getting there

so in the end there is no real difference for most teams taking part whether it is the etf2l cup without big prizes or our tournament

and you should know that sponsors want to see as many teams as possible, so I think with our system we pleased most teams (maybe except some div2/3 teams)

Quoted from d2m

[…]

Edit: Can you tell us the “top 16 teams” that you seeded? :)

Warmaster got them :))

and btw trust me i’m not afraid of investing time in this project, I have contacted more than 200 team leaders to tell them about our cup and it also took me around 3 hours just to make the brackets manually ;)

Last edited by bpf,

Tikcus

I can’t see what people are complaining about.

Seeding in a cup is used to protect the later stages of a tournament! (for coverage/advertising)

If more extensive seeding was done, you may as well of not bothered with the early stages of the tournament as the seeded teams would have had an easy passage to the last 64/32 (depending on how many teams you seed).

The limited seeding that was done means there are matches worth watching in round 1 and 2, if 32/64/128 teams had been seeded there would not have been any good matches in first part of the tournament.

the ‘Major prizes’ should have nothing to do with how seeding is done, at the end of the day it would not increase the chances of div 3/4 teams winning the tournament as they would at somepoint still have to play and beat the top 16! (you’d actually stand more chance of winning if there was no seeding done and it was all a random draw, and hope the top few clans all put each other out)

The only thing that more teams seeded would have done was increase their (seeds 17-64 etc) chances of getting into the latter stages, as they would have had 1 or 2 easy games against ‘Div 6’ teams first.

it’s a cup to win it at some point you need to beat everyone

Stop complaining and concentrate on winning your tough first round matches
good luck to all those involved

Last edited by Tikcus,

Wiiking

i think it looks good.

d2m and etf2l will always be the tf2 materz thou – but it is a bit too much calling it terrible d2m :P

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

Quoted from Wiiking

i think it looks good.

d2m and etf2l will always be the tf2 materz thou – but it is a bit too much calling it terrible d2m :P

Sneis – I wasn’t attacking it on any level. I was merely curious and puzzled as to why only 16 teams were seeded. The comments were my own personal opinion from experience running tournaments. I like to see TF2 supported by any serious tournament! :)

Common sense (to me at least), would’ve suggested that the top 32 teams would be seeded and all given a bye into Round 2. Then with the teams that are left in Round 1, they would be either paired off as 33 v 128, 34 v 127, 35 v 126 (but that’s a lot of seeding effort which I can understand wouldn’t be completed). Or alternatively, the teams that were left would be drawn randomly and placed into the rest of Round 1.

This would’ve left Round 2 (64 matches) having 32 matches involving seeded teams, preferably matches 1, 3, 5, 7, 9 etc. All of the other spaces would be filled by the winners from Round 1.

Assuming the seeded teams all progressed, they would meet each other in Round 4, when we’re down to 16 matches left (32 teams total).

Hope that makes sense :)

GL with the tournament bpf!

Imperium

Just wondering if illegal was accidentally missed out from the seeds? since they may be able to get some prizes. Other than that seedings are ok and I look forward to getting knocked out in round 2

reCon

all is fine.. chill guys!

brt

encore
FuDoo :>

Quoted from reCon

all is fine.. chill guys!

this is correct,
if you want to win this cup, you must bet all teams!

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

Quoted from brt

[…]
this is correct,
if you want to win this cup, you must bet all teams!

what are the odds and where can we place our bets? :D

Atty

ORKZORKZORKZORK

Quoted from d2m

[…]

what are the odds and where can we place our bets? :D

Now that’s just mean, D2M.
Making fun of Germans’ spelling mistakes is just cruel and harsh.
You must be sentenced to eternal agony with black latex men pummeling you.

bpf

rockit

Quoted from Imperium

Just wondering if illegal was accidentally missed out from the seeds? since they may be able to get some prizes. Other than that seedings are ok and I look forward to getting knocked out in round 2

i have talked to illegal when they signed up and they told me that it is just a mix team for this cup, this may have changed now as they also registered for etf2l
but i think they got a rather nice bracket anyway, could be a nice match in round 4 vs coL ;)

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

Quoted from Atty

[…]
Now that’s just mean, D2M.
Making fun of Germans’ spelling mistakes is just cruel and harsh.
You must be sentenced to eternal agony with black latex men pummeling you.

oh shi- :[

Nigh

¿
TF2.ro

If we win with Got Milk we will play with Dignitas :D

Atty

ORKZORKZORKZORK

Quoted from d2m

[…]

oh shi- :[

In the end you will be saying http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CatSUg0KyAM#t=4m4s

Taoism