Tonight: Ubercharge Tournament Final!

Created 12th May 2010 @ 20:21

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 11 12 13 14 Next »

subway

Link to the tree please?

ilike2spin

RLM

http://tf2.cups.gamesports.net/en/cup/1/results/ – The tree

How long do we have to play these games? I think I’ve misunderstood the rules.

subway

thanks, LOL@ our games :(

brt

encore
FuDoo :>

Quoted from ilike2spin

look at the top :D

Round 1
31.05.2010, 00:00 –
13.06.2010, 23:59
– cp_badlands + cp_freight (cp_well) –

Last edited by brt,

bpf

rockit

Quoted from ilike2spin

the dates and also the maps are now on top of the tree
you have always two weeks time to schedule and play your matches

brt the dates werent there in the beginning :P

Last edited by bpf,

RareSpycrab

Alot of teams dropped :S.

bpf

rockit

they aren’t dropped ;)
but such a tournament-tree only works with powers of two like 16,32,64,128,256…
as we had around 160 teams we had to choose a bracket for 256 teams, so of course a lot of teams got default wins in the first round ;)
from second round on we have 128 teams and can always halve the number until we have only one team left ;)

Hey WMF, hope you’re ready to lose to a div 6 team. c:

http://tf2.cups.gamesports.net/en/cup/1/match/1954/

ThePledge

The seedings are not that good, considering the fact that at least four teams from div 2-3 in the same part of the bracket have to play eachother in round 1. I count loads of div 5-6 teams that got a bye in round 1.

Anyway, the brackets look ok overall, and looking at the teams that entered… this could be an awesome tournament :)

torden

broder
syster

Is it really needed to push the whole thing 14 days due to 30 teams playing Round1?

Shabbaman

GoT<3
HoT<3

Awesome, linked to a div3 team in the first round :'(

droso

o/

Quoted from ThePledge

The seedings are not that good, considering the fact that at least four teams from div 2-3 in the same part of the bracket have to play eachother in round 1. I count loads of div 5-6 teams that got a bye in round 1.

Anyway, the brackets look ok overall, and looking at the teams that entered… this could be an awesome tournament :)

Indeed, Prodigy-ESC VS Paroxysm on round 1, for instance, sucks a bit tbh (more for us that px though). :<

Edit: nvw what i said, we are actually playing on round 2. Still sucks though.

Last edited by droso,

bpf

rockit

to explain the seeding: we have seeded the top16 teams and already there it wasn’t easy to choose all the teams
of course it would have been possible to seed more teams but I think we found a good mixture of cups like the etf2l cup were weaker teams can get some rounds further with a bit luck, but still all teams that have a realistic chance to make it in the top3 got seeded

@torden: there are 56 teams playing round 1 ;)
and I think there is no harm if we have a little buffer, you can play your first round match as soon as you have your opponent

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

Quoted from ThePledge

The seedings are absolutely terrible and it’s disappointing that so little effort was put into that part. If you’re running a serious prize tournament for 100+ teams, you should be seeding it in a more organised manner.

However, I am fully aware of how much effort seeding takes. Hopefully you guys running the Ubercharge tournament can now appreciate that the work you’re doing with the seeding for that is probably about 40% of what we do when we seed things in leagues and cups here. It’s a shame you didn’t use a better system or appear to check it over more carefully though :(

I’m surprised you compare it to the 5th cup though bpf. The 5th Cup wasn’t a serious tournament for many thousands of euros worth of prizes, hence why we had the IRC bot drawing the rounds live to make it a little more interactive.

Should be an interesting cup anyway, hope you guys run it smoothly.

Edit: Can you tell us the “top 16 teams” that you seeded? :)

Last edited by d2m,

Sup again Broder, hopefully cya in the third round. Keep bumping into you! :D

Last edited by Buffalo Bill,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 11 12 13 14 Next »