Forum

Wrenches and Sappers Guide

Created 9th November 2018 @ 13:50

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Faizer

This is a follow up to the Engineer Primary Guide,I’d recommend you read that too

The Wrench is a Engineer’s best friend,it’s the weapon you will use the most for self-defense and as a utility,so here is a short guide on all of the wrenches

Stock – Just like the stock shotgun,no gimmicks. You just attack with it,use it to repair,upgrade and speed up the building of your buildings. It’s for a more defensive playstyle, but with the right placement and thinking, it can be a huge support to your team.

Jag – A more offensive side grade, that’s still great on defense too. It is extremely helpful for setups, since it helps you upgrade your buildings extremely fast. Which allows an Engie to be aggressive even with normal sentries. Just ask for your Pyro to use the Homewrecker, since the Jag’s biggest weakness is Sappers.

Gunslinger – The most offensive of all the wrenches….except it’s your fist. It replaces your sentry with a mini sentry,a disposable,un upgradable,smaller and cheaper sentry, which isn’t made as a distraction or a nuisance to the enemy team,rather than a straight up obstacle. The weapon itself ,if used properly, can kill a Heavy with 4 or more hits,since every 3rd hit is a crit. You also receive 25 more HP with it,which makes your survival in battle that more bigger.

Southern Hospitality – This is also a very offensive wrench,but unlike the Jag and Gunslinger, instead of making you build faster or use less gun, the wrench itself is more powerful, and it’s also the perfect Spy Checking Weapon for Engie (along with the Short Circuit). It’s gimmick of bleed damage is best used as a tool rather than as a damage maker, it can be used to find invisible spies (when your Pyro is dead or unavailable) and the bleed can help with finishing off a Heavy,Soldier,etc.

Eureka Effect – Whilst all the other Wrenches are made to be more aggressive,this is best used for a more supportive play style. Since with it you make teleporters for Gravel Cheap,and you can teleport to spawn or your exit almost instantly. It’s only problem is how much it will mess your metal calculations up, since you receive less metal with it.

And now a rank of them from Most offensive to most defensive

Gunslinger
Jag
Southern Hospitality
Stock
Eureka Effect

Now, this next part will be for both Spies and Engies
The Sapper is the same to the Wrench as is King Crimson to Gold Experience Requiem. It disables Buildings whilst it’s on and it can destroy them if it isn’t removed. There are 2 in the game (excluding reskins)

Stock – It deals damage to the building until it’s destroyed

Red Tape Recorder – Instead of damage it reverts the building’s level until it’s destroyed

They take 2 hits (3 with the Jag) to be removed,and if it’s on a sentry, it is disabled for around a second.
Here is how to deal with both

Stock – Try destroying it if the Spy is far enough,if not, shove you Shotgun up the Spy’s a-hole,kill him,and remove the Sapper. Then quickly repair your building.

Red Tape Recorder – Kill the Spy first,since this Sapper takes ages to finish. Quickly upgrade your buildings after removing it. If you are using a mini sentry,either remove it first or build a new one after killing the Spy (since it will most likely be done by then)

In short, eliminate the origin of the Sapper, then the Sapper

Expect a post on Loadout combos soon

proky

G
9GUYS

Can your next post be a spy knife guide?

jeven99

ty for follow up but i am battle med main, which needle gun and elephants trunk heal gun do you advise me to equip? plz finish the guide trilogy

Last edited by jeven99,

Faizer

Quoted from proky

Can your next post be a spy knife guide?

Im not really a Spy player (hell he is my least played) ,but I will ask my friend (Who is a spy main) what he thinks is

Faizer

Quoted from jeven99

ty for follow up but i am battle med main, which needle gun and elephants trunk heal gun do you advise me to equip? plz finish the guide trilogy

1 i personally think you should use the Crossbow, even as a battle med you still are a med,and its a risk/reward (Hit/miss) gun,so you need some training first
as for mediguns, honestly most are good for any use (but for battle med I recommend the Krits and stock
2 for the final post on engie weps guide,ill make it both a secondary and a loadout suggestion one (since there are 3 secondaries)

jeven99

why stock over the blautsauger?

Faizer

Quoted from jeven99

why stock over the blautsauger?

no,I mean stock medigun (secondary), as for the primary,imo its better to have a weapon that can heal your team (even as a battle med) then a wep that gives only you health

jeven99

i have not unlock the bow ):

Faizer

in that case…..butsauger is gud too (tho you can always just trade for it,it cost half a scrap)

Add A Reply Pages: 1