plz help a friendly scrublord, currently open level

Gorzum

I can help, I played in invite, I’m  known as b4ddy

gamma

JaR

stfu

quintosh

wL.

inb4 ppl post random profiles of their friends who arent looking to mentor anyone

WRU

with all honesty I can’t understand how is that hard playing solly in highlander
potentially the easiest and the most boring class of already meh gamemode, where could you go wrong

Doom

add this guy http://steamcommunity.com/id/quintosh/

HartzFartz

(ETF2L Donator)
0fo
0FO

Quoted from WRU

with all honesty I can’t understand how is that hard playing solly in highlander
potentially the easiest and the most boring class of already meh gamemode, where could you go wrong

thats rich coming from a player on upp after they arent in prem anymore

Muuki

sirkkels
GG

Quoted from HartzFartz

[…]

waah im hartz and i get triggered by russians calling my dumpster a dumpster

gamma

JaR

it’s not a difficult class in highlander god knows I’m on a free (class based) ticket to higher levels
I have decent DM despite low hours low experience haha look at the noob etc just need some guidance with decision making etc minus the lolhl and the jokes
I’m actually looking to improve, become a better player overall, look for guidance, become a decent well-informed member of the community, whatever synonym you’d prefer. What a surprise – ETF2L forum seriousness OMFG

Quoted from WRU

I’m well aware it’s not difficult.

It’s just that there is a difference between pure DM and decision making.

is it wrong that I want to improve as a player?

Way to go, to the replies above, with making TF2 competitive, and community leagues as a result, somewhat inviting to new players who might have anxiety like I had a year ago, by the way. Players who want to improve get welcomed with a “lol ur class is easy fuck off noob” vibe. Even those with some, minor, experience.

So yeah, anyone who actually wants to mentor me and help me improve as a soldier – add me.

Last edited by gamma,

WRU

Quoted from HartzFartz

[…]

its the first time Im playing with them, whats your point anyway

Quoted from gamma

is it wrong that I want to improve as a player?

no
but please dont be so overdramatic

Last edited by WRU,

gamma

JaR

[…]

no
but please dont be so overdramatic[/quote]

forgive me xo

$neaky

(ETF2L Donator)
A51
HOUSE

Quoted from WRU

Sorry forgot you’re the best highlander soldier! Please continue to embrace us with your masterful opinions.

quintosh

wL.

if you struggle at decision making and not dm then look at your own demos and when you die just ask yourself how you could’ve played better

mostly though its just gaining experience so you can rise through the divs

other than that what do you expect from a mentor? with highlander having 8 other people involved you either play off your team or you’re used as a distraction, both requires your team to not be poop

Fuxx

REMOVE

Good luck finding a mentor but if you fail to get one then you could always try investing the effort to go and learn it yourself.

I suggest watching STVs of Prem games and study the soldiers that seem to rely less on DM or gimmicks and more on being on the right place at the right time as that will likely help you become more consistent the fastest. Like Quintosh said, it all depends greatly on your team and so you should also freecam around to study how the teams are set up. People play certain roles in certain positions for good reasons, not by coincidence and eventually you’ll notice patterns emerge. You’ll notice what exactly it is they are shutting down and therefore how you can mimic such attempts to help your team. I then recommend you go ahead and add soldier mains to ask them for their opinions.

“Why do you do X?”
“Why do you hold here?”
“Why not do Y instead?”
“How come this works but that doesn’t?”

I’ve noticed that there’s different types of soldier playstyles and the most common one seems to be the silent “just cover the flank” role. I don’t believe that such a simplistic and neglecting mentality is healthy however and so don’t limit yourself to being just that. Personally, I enjoy having a soldier who can understand when he’s supposed to assist the flank and when he’s supposed to communicate a coordinated bomb with the combo. Lonewolfing is frustrating.

Watch your demos, watch prem soldier demos, add said prem soldiers and ask all your questions and talk with your team before and after each scrim. What do they want from you? What do you believe you can do that’s most useful? Reach some form of consensus and then ask if you should continue doing that.

Last edited by Fuxx,

gamma

JaR

Thank you fuxx + others xo

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »