Forum

Are there any newbie mixes for EU?

Created 1st January 2016 @ 22:39

Add A Reply Pages: 1

BeeJay28

The title wraps it up. I couldnt find anything viable on the internet, so someone of you may give me an answer.

maclin

meer)

There are mixing groups for all skill levels that are active, however most are pretty casual and usually no one tells you what you’re doing wrong (from my experience)

BeeJay28

In EUROPE, thats my problem. There are most servers in NA.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

As far as I know, no I am afriad. Problem with Newbie Mixes is they take a lot of management to make work, and also after a few months, the “newbies” who grew up on them advance in skill and then that generation dies out, normally there is a struggle to replace the newer players or to keep the management of the newbie group active. So generally these places die out or become a weird doublemix group, which can be a lot of fun but don’t cater for the needs of newer players.

I am afriad your best bet is to organise it youself, all you need is a server and a mumble server, with someone having knowledge of how these things work. Hopefully somebody will step up. If you require a server, I can bribe Arie with money and give serveme donator status to people willing to do this. For mumble servers, Colony is a great public mumble willing to accommodate people, Fakkelbrigade as well.

maidos

im waiting for chaplain to give me admin permission on idk newbie mixes so i can send announcement.
i want to bring up newbie mixes again. i have mumble and tf2 servers for that

fakkelbrigade mumble got millions of channels so it can be pretty daunting for newbies to find the right channels etc

Last edited by maidos,

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Don’t use an old group – if any of those people are still active they aren’t newbies. The way I did it was to create a new group and then invite everyone on the recruitment pages looking for div6, and keep doing that, and ask for help from patient, experienced players.

If you’re anything like me you only have motivation to run a newbie group when you’re a newbie wanting people to play with. Wouldn’t recommend anyone else try it.

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Also the American ones are fine if you’re awake then, especially for scout and medic.

Add A Reply Pages: 1