Forum

Newbie team looking for mentor

Created 17th October 2015 @ 15:37

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Hello,

I recently started comp. tf2 with other new players to competitive, and I would need help to get in the right direction as a team. It really feels like we don’t know what to do as a team, we may get some picks or great damage, but we can never follow it up. If anyone is interested in helping us, then add me on steam : http://steamcommunity.com/id/IceNoob88/

Collaide

Quoted from IceNoob88

Hello,

I recently started comp. tf2 with other new players to competitive, and I would need help to get in the right direction as a team. It really feels like we don’t know what to do as a team, we may get some picks or great damage, but we can never follow it up. If anyone is interested in helping us, then add me on steam : http://steamcommunity.com/id/IceNoob88/

A tip might be to watch some demos of prem/invite players to see what they do in similar situations.

Last edited by Collaide,

skyro

#SaveMelee

Quoted from Collaide

[…]

A tip might be to watch some demos of prem/invite players to see what they do in similar situations.

Watching the demos of a prem or invite player is not always a good idea because they make much higher risk higher reward decisions that a lower skill level player probably won’t be able to properly execute, much less if it requires co-ordination.

There’s videos of people explaining strategies and role generics, i suggest looking up Marxist(medimarx) and taking a stroll around there.

Other than that, if you can find someone to teach you directly, that’s also great.

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

Just a couple of basic guidelines

– never go alone unless you have to (usually desperation move)
– have a designated shotcaller to prioritize targets
– dont rush things, there is always time to check corners, stickies etc
– uber doesnt mean everything, playeradvantage or to be precise healthadvantage is way more important
– people might disagree witb me on that but i would say 2 people are enough in an uberpush ( dont end up with 4 people in uber cuz usually it turns out to be a waste)
– once you get a player advantage dont just go full retard apply constant pressure as a unit, have one guy check behind (usually pocket scout)
– if you get a pick on the enemy medic > insta group up around yours since most teams will immediately sac all the living players on him

Thats all i can think of now might add some stuff later

Last edited by smziii,

Add A Reply Pages: 1