Forum

Looking for scout mentor

Created 8th October 2015 @ 23:13

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Jin

teo

Hey, looking for a mentor to go over demos of pcw’s and officals, have maptalks with and all that fun stuff.
Currently playing my second season of open, hopefully making playoffs again this season.
I have the feeling most of the time i just get caried by my dm and get away with dumb shit because i am playing in open so i would like to get third party perspective on that.
Some really weak maps of mine are defenetly granary, i really struggle on that map and while i would not say it is a weak map of mine i have some problems on badlands.
I also feel like i take waaay too many heals, while i get the damage and frags out, i feel like it crippels my team a little bit.
Personally i would say my skilllevel is around high open / mid.
So yeah if you would be interested in mentoring me hit me up on steam i guess. I would be very thankfull

(If we would go over demos, my team mostly plays mid teams in pcws, if that matters.)

Last edited by Jin,

sorsa

mooz

What do you mean by “dumb shit”?

damneasy

Quoted from sorsa

Run into 3 people and kill them because you have better dm?

sorsa

mooz

How is that dumb tho?

repu

dumb shit meaning plays without any thought put into them. they might work out as of now, but as you start playing against better opponents they will start catching up to you dm-wise and you will end up dying 35 times per game.

depending on how play, making decisions is a big part of playing scout, especially at higher levels.

damneasy

Well it works if u have good aim, look at nico :D

schocky

ist doof

kannst mir gerne eine demo zukommen lassen (granary?)

Jin

teo

das ist super nett von dir, habe gerade leider keine granary demo per hand werd aber am sonntag versuchen granary in nem pcw zu spielen

Jin

teo

Quoted from sorsa

taking 1v1s all the time, running into the combo like a retard, stuff like that

Last edited by Jin,

sorsa

mooz

Tbh if you have dm to back it up, there’s no reason to stop doing it. Nico is a good example as said earlier.

repu

Quoted from damneasy

Well it works if u have good aim, look at nico :D

:DD
nico is nico.

NiCO : repu nob

repu

yes, yes, but nico is good and experienced.

earlie means that he has no idea what he is doing, but still succeeds because of his good dm. nico actively pressures spots where he know he can find duels. he is constantly making decisions, while earlie presses w and somehow manages to succeed.

if earlie could be taught how to make decisions, he could probably still get carried by his dm, but with a higher rate of success while also taking lower risks.

sorsa

mooz

Good point.

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

Add me

About the dumb rushing in and it works for Nico

It only works for him against worse teams and he doesnt really do it vs even or better teams cuz they would just bait the frag(pick) very time.
and contrary to popular belief nico is actually a really smart player that utilizes his dm abilities in the right moments

Last edited by smziii,

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Quoted from sorsa

Tbh if you have dm to back it up, there’s no reason to stop doing it.

Lot of fights aren’t worth taking even if you’re favourite to win, some are worth taking even if you’re slight underdog. Recognising your fluctuating value is a big scout skill, doesn’t get mentioned enough imo. Best tip is the same for every class and most players: hold down tab when you aren’t fighting until you can visualise where everyone is on the map and what’s going to happen next.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »