Forum

Sensitivity: a long story

Created 23rd May 2015 @ 10:29

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »

Nevo

/ff
Jamz

A long time ago, when I started TF2, the standard sensitivity (As a Scout) was around 40-50 cm/360. Anybody with less than 30 cm/360 was highly criticized.
But nowaday, I feel like a lot of people are using higher sensitivities. Why ? Maybe because they are playing a lot more classes, and they like to use the same sens for every classes. Since it’s just a feel, and I want to put numbers on it to see if I’m wrong or correct, post a short “history” of your sensitivity. For instance, mine would be:
“~60 cm/360 for around a year, then went down to 30 cm/360(for every classes), now using 13 cm/360”
Is it a real thing ? Is it just me ? Feel free to flame

EDIT: Since not everyone seems to get it, it’s a SURVEY. Thanks for the advices, but I’m perfectly fine with what I use. Cheers !

Last edited by Nevo,

sorsa

mooz

Last edited by sorsa,

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

one day people will learn that sensitivity doesnt matter at all but until then we will have the same thread atleast once a month

Phnx

used to have about 25 cm with my microsoft mouse, now I use between 17-40 cm depends on my mood and how much time I have to warm up.
(24-40cm for scout, 17-34 for soldier/demo)

Morphine

(Cat Enthusiast)
一一═デ︻

I used to play with 70cm/360 (as pyro) and people were losing their minds.

wonszu

yeti

I used to play with around 40 cm/360, now im using around 18-19, something like that

4hp

meh I was on the other end of it entirely. Used to play with around 10cm/360 and people were shocked to find it out. Now I play with 16 and I can’t go lower. But then again, it’s pyro, there’s no such thing as aim in my world, only the priority of doing fast 180’s to spycheck

Spanns

:3
DBLE

Began with 10cm, changed to 30cm when I heard of competitive and have been increasing centimeters about once every 3 months ever since because it constantly feels too short after sometime of using it.
Now I use 60cm/360 regardless of the class because yolo

LaMqTa

fenneks

Quoted from smziii

one day people will learn that sensitivity doesnt matter at all but until then we will have the same thread atleast once a month

+1

Nevo

/ff
Jamz

Quoted from smziii

ZZzzzzz who said funkiller ?

dAGNER

duplo

Quoted from smziii

rofl people will never learn m8

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

Quoted from Nevo

[…]
ZZzzzzz who said funkiller ?

noone

shoras

Quoted from smziii

Useless

TC.Noobas

Quoted from smziii

hr

Quoted from smziii

I disagree, there is not one best sens but there are pros and cons to a higher or lower sens, to say it doesn’t matter is wrong. But of course the people that just want to copy someone else’s sens because they are good are silly.

Having said that I used to use 42cm because I only played scout and sniper and I think it made my aim easier to be precise but my movement and anything beside scout 1v1s was trash. I use 23cm now for all classes and I think it works really well for me, I think if I made it lower I would hit more easy shots but lose some movement.

If you want a history I guess it’s;
42cm -> 23cm ->30cm -> 23cm -> 30cm + accel -> 23cm

But in the last 2 years it’s been almost always 23cm with some experimentation.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 ... 4 Next »