Forum

mandatory weapons?

Created 22nd May 2015 @ 17:03

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Rele

been out of this game for some while

are there any gimmick weapons that are mandatory our situationally useful in 6v6 gaming (like kritzkrieg)?

fraac

JOHN
CENATION

Degreaser for pyro defence. Winger is useful but not mandatory on scout for higher jumps.

Rele

Quoted from fraac

pyro defence

jep, been away for a loooong time :X
ty

Last edited by Rele,

Pete_

PrettyGay

bison for spamming crowded choke points 8)

Bloodis

(Legend)
(๑╹ω╹๑ )

Loose Cannon for Badlands last hold for example, not really mandatory however

AB

gunboats to have fun

Popcorp

Powerjack and Degreaser for Pyro
Cloak n Dagger for Spy

WML

Quoted from Pete_

bison for spamming crowded choke points 8)

Double Bison on Process choke :^)

hr

If you call a weapon a gimmick weapon doesn’t that mean that it doesn’t have a situational use? I guess if you want a list of the non default weapons that are useful in a certain situation or otherwise then it probably looks a little like this; ( (m) means it’s almost always run)

Medic – Kritz, Crusader’s Crossbow (m), Ubersaw (m)
Demo – Loose Cannon, Pain Train (m), Quickiebomb launcher, Scotsman’s Skullcutter
Soldier – Gunboats (m), Concheror, Pain Train, Escape Plan (m), Black Box, Direct Hit
Scout – Winger, Boston Basher (m)
Pyro – Flare Gun, Powerjack (m), Degreaser (m), Detonator, Manmelter
Spy – Ambassador, L’etranger, Diamondback
Sniper – Shahanshah

Last edited by hr,

damneasy

Quoted from hr

If you call a weapon a gimmick weapon doesn’t that mean that it doesn’t have a situational use? I guess if you want a list of the non default weapons that are useful in a certain situation or otherwise then it probably looks a little like this; ( (m) means it’s almost always run)

Medic – Kritz, Crusader’s Crossbow (m), Ubersaw (m)
Demo – Loose Cannon, Pain Train (m), Quickiebomb launcher, Scotsman’s Skullcutter
Soldier – Gunboats (m), Concheror, Pain Train, Escape Plan (m), Black Box, Direct Hit
Scout – Winger, Boston Basher (m)
Pyro – Flare Gun, Powerjack (m), Degreaser (m), Detonator, Manmelter
Spy – Ambassador, L’etranger, The Big Earner
Engineer – Jag (m)
Sniper – Shahanshah

You forget equalizer

hr

Quoted from damneasy

[…]

You forget equalizer

You mean the escape plan? I don’t think the equalizer is any good, is it?

damneasy

Quoted from hr

[…]
You mean the escape plan? I don’t think the equalizer is any good, is it?

I’ve used it since it got put on the whitelist, its really good

Last edited by damneasy,

damneasy

i made 2 quotes by accident lol

Last edited by damneasy,

Bloodis

(Legend)
(๑╹ω╹๑ )

Quoted from hr

Spy – The Big Earner
Engineer – Jag (m)

Personally I don’t see any situational use even for these in 6v6, I don’t think that you need any more cloak time after you stab someone as at that point you should already die as a Spy after getting a pick, and neither is it good to suddenly die to a single rocket/pipe or a meatshot with only 100hp if you make a one mistake while being cloaked.

And well, I just don’t find Jag useful in any situation, sure if saving less than a second of time is that important for somebody then Jag might be useful, but other than that it’s not mandatory to have at all.
Of course you wouldn’t go in front of anyone to melee people so that’s not the case, but I just don’t see how you would point it to be mandatory.

hr

Quoted from Bloodis

[…]

Personally I don’t see any situational use even for these in 6v6, I don’t think that you need any more cloak time after you stab someone as at that point you should already die as a Spy after getting a pick, and neither is it good to suddenly die to a single rocket/pipe or a meatshot with only 100hp if you make a one mistake while being cloaked.

And well, I just don’t find Jag useful in any situation, sure if saving less than a second of time is that important for somebody then Jag might be useful, but other than that it’s not mandatory to have at all.
Of course you wouldn’t go in front of anyone to melee people so that’s not the case, but I just don’t see how you would point it to be mandatory.

lol I thought the big earner was that gun that rewards for backstabs, turns out that is the diamondback, just a mistake. But the jag I absolutely would say is mandatory, ok if it’s less than a second then it’s not a huge upgrade but still the time it takes for the sentry to be put up on last is a huge deal and the melee damage is completely irrelevant as you’ll never be meleeing some one.

Last edited by hr,

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »