Forum

How to become a sticky master ?

Created 16th May 2015 @ 02:27

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

Deathcame

czk

@Fortunate

I wanted to say something, since i only play Demo with chargin targe. Playing with stickies is so annoying for me. I can place them decently, but it just takes out off me so much, like thinking about where to put it and when to detonate these already lying around, It’s killing me. What i do? I always use stickies as a zoning utility. What I mean is, every smart player will not run over ur stickies, right? If they will, it’s easy dmg on them for u. Strategy is, put stickies around a player and to places where he cound run, so he has nowhere to safely dodge ur pipes, so guy will either get hit by ur pipe or ur sticky. I mean, i probably didnt have to explain it with an example, someone already said that prediction is very important. But it’s actually not. If u dont have immediate threat straight up into ur face, u can easily shoot stickies even randomly into general direction of enemies to zone them into falling back or strafing closer to wall, or something, where then it’s way easier to aim since enemy has less space to dodge. Prediction is usefull when u actually can just put sticky under someone’s feet. Not the easiest thing to do. Like, if u shoot stickies forward to where like a Soldier is moving, he’ll definetly change direction after u shot. Or He’ll rocket jump. IMHO u only have to predict when enemy will retreat or move forward. Like, in that soldier example, if he’s about to RJ, u should already be able to tell if he’s gonna jump towards u or away, then u just either put stickies on a floor near u or u charge up ur sticky to have it ready to shoot to doorway/escape route in general where he’ll go.

Other thing u could do, is just lying sticky traps all over the place. (ofc not when u see an opportunity to push, obviously) Like, let’s say, u r badlands middle, u r on control point. Then just put 2 stickies on a train, 2 stickies above doors, some near window, etc etc., dont think about it like “ow, noone will ever be near train in like 3 seconds”, because u never know. Maybe someone will show up behind u, then u’d just need to bait them into ur trap, or they would not engage u because they saw ur traps like all over the place. (that sounds more like a Scottish Resistance pub strat, lol) Plus, if guy will decide to destroy them or move them away with a rocket for example, it will mean guy has lower kill potential with lower rockets/shells loaded. Unless he’s an aiming god.

Also, what helped me with sticky aim is… SUPRISINGLY…. Just playing demo with medic on ur side. Medic with kritzkrieg obviously. Then, after kritz are popped i’m like “Ow, i’ll better aim these well !”. Sounds weird as I type this, but… It just makes u want really bad to hit with every sticky.

Ye, i have strange sticky bomb launcher with 76 kills on it, i know a lot about demoman Kappa

Btw. I dont even like playing demoman.

Last edited by Deathcame,

Popcorp

Quoted from Deathcame

@Fortunate

I wanted to say something, since i only play Demo with chargin targe. Playing with stickies is so annoying for me. I can place them decently, but it just takes out off me so much, like thinking about where to put it and when to detonate these already lying around, It’s killing me. What i do? I always use stickies as a zoning utility. What I mean is, every smart player will not run over ur stickies, right? If they will, it’s easy dmg on them for u. Strategy is, put stickies around a player and to places where he cound run, so he has nowhere to safely dodge ur pipes, so guy will either get hit by ur pipe or ur sticky. I mean, i probably didnt have to explain it with an example, someone already said that prediction is very important. But it’s actually not. If u dont have immediate threat straight up into ur face, u can easily shoot stickies even randomly into general direction of enemies to zone them into falling back or strafing closer to wall, or something, where then it’s way easier to aim since enemy has less space to dodge. Prediction is usefull when u actually can just put sticky under someone’s feet. Not the easiest thing to do. Like, if u shoot stickies forward to where like a Soldier is moving, he’ll definetly change direction after u shot. Or He’ll rocket jump. IMHO u only have to predict when enemy will retreat or move forward. Like, in that soldier example, if he’s about to RJ, u should already be able to tell if he’s gonna jump towards u or away, then u just either put stickies on a floor near u or u charge up ur sticky to have it ready to shoot to doorway/escape route in general where he’ll go.

Other thing u could do, is just lying sticky traps all over the place. (ofc not when u see an opportunity to push, obviously) Like, let’s say, u r badlands middle, u r on control point. Then just put 2 stickies on a train, 2 stickies above doors, some near window, etc etc., dont think about it like “ow, noone will ever be near train in like 3 seconds”, because u never know. Maybe someone will show up behind u, then u’d just need to bait them into ur trap, or they would not engage u because they saw ur traps like all over the place. (that sounds more like a Scottish Resistance pub strat, lol) Plus, if guy will decide to destroy them or move them away with a rocket for example, it will mean guy has lower kill potential with lower rockets/shells loaded. Unless he’s an aiming god.

Also, what helped me with sticky aim is… SUPRISINGLY…. Just playing demo with medic on ur side. Medic with kritzkrieg obviously. Then, after kritz are popped i’m like “Ow, i’ll better aim these well !”. Sounds weird as I type this, but… It just makes u want really bad to hit with every sticky.

Ye, i have strange sticky bomb launcher with 76 kills on it, i know a lot about demoman Kappa

Btw. I dont even like playing demoman.

yes

xzr

Quoted from Fuxx

Kaidus relies heavily on stickies from what I’ve seen and he has this trick where he shoots one sticky very up high then another slightly lower, so both of them fall on the target at the same time when he detonates, surprising people who weren’t expecting to lose so much health.

fucking Jason taking the thunder from the swedes

I think I picked that trick up from weqo in season 6 or something.

Last edited by xzr,

HartzFartz

(ETF2L Donator)
0fo
0FO

Sticky launcher is a a crutch for bad demos.

If you arent a loosecannon demoknight, then I don’t even know why you are playing the class.

Hiper

-YSND-

Quoted from damneasy

jump maps

Underrated post

byte

-Too much information about stickies, must not explode-

Stickies these days are no way near utilized then back in the good ole days, only person still who 90% utilizes the stickies is kaidus. I cba to right a tl:dr reply but in summary.

Uses of stickies

– denial of area (if you need to keep an area safe from enemies just leaving them on the floor will piss them off and make them re-think or put a delay on their attack.

– territory not the same as denial of area, territory is by claiming an area on purpose so that another route has to be taken which infact also has stickies.

– capping power, pain train + stickies denying enemies entering to block without either dying or taking severe dmg

– double bluff sticky trap, laying stickies in common/generic place which enemies expect chanced by your thought of probability of where they will go.

– mobility, getting places and in the recent years this has been ramped up with its capability due to Kaido defying physics :p

– The ‘alt method’ – using stickies as raining stickies, normally to combat an aggressive attack by the enemy in a ‘chokey’ area.

– Pot shots – very important mainly on the start of each round, can alter how the enemy team play their strat if demoman/scouts are crippled due to some pro aiming stickies + detonated at the right time.

– Linked with denial of area, if correctly deployed this allows your team to gain ‘x’ seconds more, this could prove very useful for ppl who will spawn and can defend a point with you, or save enough time to build the uber with ur med…

– Most importantly a single simple sticky trap, could alter a round on it’s head. one minute you could look like you’re losing spire on badlands, but your sticky trap kills 2 scouts – gg gameover, now you have cp3 etc…

Much more information could be said, and as you mentioned demoman is a brain orientated class, so I’d stick with that first before thinking about the whole aim thing (which only comes in handy for pot shots)

Cheers

Byte

misha YB`g

http://teamfortress.tv/thread/17952/tr-arena-rc1
#pipesonly
huge log proof inc http://logs.tf/605953

nole

BWB

The oldest and best trick to improve in any game is to just play it.
I’m serious.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2