Forum

Mirelin, Over The Rainbow.

Created 3rd May 2015 @ 05:54

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 Next »

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from Wiethoofd

I love the custom resolutions, I just don’t understand why you would ever use DX8…

DX9 has player/intel/cart outlines, proper flames/rocket trails, no glitches with random ‘burning’ textures, no full screen cover when ubering/bleeding/jarated. If it’s purely for the frames, upgrading hardware, optimizing TF2 with multithreading/-queuing settings and lowering settings should be sufficient.

DON’T use dx9 as medic, it creates a vignette around the screen when ubered, which limits your vision (like tunnel vision).

Izzy57

Mirelin, stay in prem. PLZ

Or a shitty medic will be “best medic of the season”

For the grace of a dodging medic style, you have to stay !!

PS: my frenglish is very good :)

Mirelin

alus

Quoted from Izzy57

Mirelin, stay in prem. PLZ

Or a shitty medic will be “best medic of the season”

For the grace of a dodging medic style, you have to stay !!

PS: my frenglish is very good :)

Why do you think that you are a shitty medic? :>

TimTum

(ETF2L Donator)
-ƒ$-BLAH

Quoted from Mirelin

4**) Everytime after downloading new HUD, you might consider going to the following hud direction:
D:GamesSteamSteamAppscommonTeam Fortress 2tfcustomhudresourceui

and then search for the config:
HudPlayerHealth.res

The command, which’s number we might like to change, is:
“HealthDeathWarning”

And the magic number which we always might want to have is:

Explanation: When playing medic, your health indicator will become red at 113HP. This is the amount of HP where you literary can get one shot from the close range by a scout, demo or soldier. Or let me put it this way, when holding uber with 113, 1 big fart from heavy class will result to you dropping the uber.

How can I change this number so my health indicator only becomes red when I’m playing med when I’m at 76% health? It also becomes red now when I’m playing other classes.

Alfie

(ETF2L Donator)
bobs

Quoted from TimTum

[…]

How can I change this number so my health indicator only becomes red when I’m playing med when I’m at 76% health? It also becomes red now when I’m playing other classes.

not possible, unless you change your hud when you’re not playing med

h3x

LIT

Quoted from Mirelin

No, it’s 6 Sweeds playing TF2 and offclassing. HAHAHAHAHAhahahahaha

Loved it. More pls.

Yggdrasil

Fe |

noooooooooooo who am i supposed to promote with pretty pictures now :’C

Last edited by Yggdrasil,

oxocuboid

(ETF2L Donator)
LOOΠΔ

It turns out I run the exact same screen resolution as Mirelin, so figured I’d give his custom resolution a shot as it looks pretty interesting.

I wasn’t expecting such a difference in vision, and thought I’d look into it further.

Long story short, I made a thing:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/743aiypup6mb1ui/mirelin.png?dl=0

Basically, you can see the trade-offs that changing your resolution between 16:10, 4:3 and this custom ratio. It’s not a straight upgrade going from 16:10 to the custom res, as you’ll notice your vertical FOV gets narrower while the horizontal FOV gets wider.

You can check out what the .psd I made and if you have any comments, I’d love to hear them!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bn554730ea0cyz3/mirelin.psd?dl=0

EDIT: Oh shit forgot to wish you all the best, mirelin! We’ve only spoken a little but I’ve enjoyed your company all the same. You’ve done great things for this community and whatever you turn your talents to, I wish you the best of luck and success in your endeavours (✿◠‿◠)

Last edited by oxocuboid,

Mirelin

alus

Quoted from oxocuboid

It turns out I run the exact same screen resolution as Mirelin, so figured I’d give his custom resolution a shot as it looks pretty interesting.

I wasn’t expecting such a difference in vision, and thought I’d look into it further.

Basically, you can see the trade-offs that changing your resolution between 16:10, 4:3 and this custom ratio. It’s not a straight upgrade going from 16:10 to the custom res, as you’ll notice your vertical FOV gets narrower while the horizontal FOV gets wider.

You can check out what the .psd I made and if you have any comments, I’d love to hear them!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/bn554730ea0cyz3/mirelin.psd?dl=0

EDIT: Oh shit forgot to wish you all the best, mirelin! We’ve only spoken a little but I’ve enjoyed your company all the same. You’ve done great things for this community and whatever you turn your talents to, I wish you the best of luck and success in your endeavours (✿◠‿◠)

That’s some interesting research you’ve done.

Quoted from Yggdrasil

noooooooooooo who am i supposed to promote with pretty pictures now :’C

Well, I want to create a team in Dota 2 :>

Quoted from TimTum

[…]

It’s impossible. But it shouldn’t disturb you that much, anyway. I am playing scout, demo, soldier and it never has been quite a problem to me.

cxcgxyg

rip in piece sweet prince
tf2 is oficialy kill.

this song is the only one that can contain my sadness for both mirlen and tf2

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lNUMc3JmGc

Samsa

alus

Quoted from cxcgxyg

tf2 is oficialy kill.

TheFieryBreeze

Looks like someone won’t get to experience vaccinator in 6v6 ¯_(ツ)_/¯

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Quoted from oxocuboid

Quoted from Mixa

1920×800 doesn’t work in multiplayer servers. When I did the comparison in single player server the fov was actually widened, but for multiplayer servers it just crops the screen and limits you vertical vision.

FYI this is because of sv_restrict_aspect_ratio_fov. This cvar has value 1 by default, which means it will start reducing verticalfov once your aspect ratio becomes wider than 1.85:1.

ETF2L config has this cvar set to 0 which allows for windowed custom resolutions to be wider than 1.85:1 whilst keeping the same verticalfov (74-ish).

You can circumvent sv_restrict* 1 by running a custom resolution in your gfx drivers and running TF2 fullscreen (not windowed) at that res.

Also, you’ll be back Mirelin, you know it ;)

dasmem

Top 3 best Huds you’ve used or seen for medic?

Mirelin

alus

Quoted from dasmem

Top 3 best Huds you’ve used or seen for medic?

Definitely Garm3n SdX. The problem is, I can’t really say which one is the best.

I used M0re’s hud back in to 2009’s, and then I just switched to Garm3n hud and played it all time.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 5 6 7 Next »