Forum

Pushing last - Medic

Created 20th April 2015 @ 13:15

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Burrito-chan

Yesterday I played my first 6v6 mix/match with a friend and I played Medic.
We did good on the midfights but when we pushed last with uber, the enemy team always had a heavy or pyro or engineer and they always defended it succesfully. What shouldIc do when pushing last with uber?

Last edited by Burrito-chan,

AB

focus targets, get someone on the point. if it’s even ubers suicide a few players to force their uber so you have a full advantage or suicide one to then offclass sniper/spy so you can get a pick before you push. If you’re just going to go in with even ubers and exchange then make sure the rest of your team is buffed before and call what the uber is like.

Last edited by AB,

NeuTronas

If you have uber advantage and they have pyro – just ask your scout to go with your uber to kill the pyro first.

byte

Quoted from Burrito-chan

Yesterday I played my first 6v6 mix/match with a friend and I played Medic.
We did good on the midfights but when we pushed last with uber, the enemy team always had a heavy or pyro or engineer and they always defended it succesfully. What shouldIc do when pushing last with uber?

Can you please name the map so I can give you an answer, as the answer can vary dramatically depending on which map it was.

Cheers

Byte

Burrito-chan

Quoted from byte

[…]

Can you please name the map so I can give you an answer, as the answer can vary dramatically depending on which map it was.

Cheers

Byte

Maps were Process and Gullywash.

Burrito-chan

Quoted from AB

focus targets, get someone on the point. if it’s even ubers suicide a few players to force their uber so you have a full advantage or suicide one to then offclass sniper/spy so you can get a pick before you push. If you’re just going to go in with even ubers and exchange then make sure the rest of your team is buffed before and call what the uber is like.

Thanks!

byte

Quoted from Burrito-chan

[…]

Maps were Process and Gullywash.

Process – pushing last

Assuming you have 6 you have uber they have uber standard setup classes (2sc 2sol 1dem 1 med), the enemy team also have 6 and also have settled into defending, pending where the stickies are:

– Best way to grasp last cp is by going to lobby, checking mid sides and see which is area is more congested(this includes spam + stickies), usually the top left is where the med and sol sits with a heavy. If this is the case then you want to get in with the least traffic and resistance, so that would be to go bottom right and gradually push in without using the uber, if the pyro is near by completely disconnected from the med i.e. pyro is bot right and med is top left licking the heavies ass, just destroy the pyro with a scout and demo from either side (i.e. demo mid right chucking stickies and one scout bot right rushing in, while the pocket sol is watching mid left to not let the demo get flanked.)

– Once you are in keep pushing slowly, without using the uber, best way to force an enemy to drop down is to get your demo to place a sticky on the cp and det to remove the enemy demoman stickies and get a scout on there, x2 will cap fast so they have no choice but all to panic and drop down, once they have dropped down you are in prime position, as you should be top right now on their balc (above right door spawn). At this stage you should be spamming rockets stickies grens etc to force their uber or kill a few before the med pops uber either way, focus the ones completely disconnected from the medic’s healing beam i.e. ones that are 1000units away.

– Heavy or not, if you have a considerably good uber adv, then all that’s left is for the med not to drop any players with the uber and focus fire, job done.

Failure to all of what was just said above, you can try an alternative tactic which is to send a solo scout for a nice pick, assuming it’s not the demo or med, then it’s not worth pushing in, then that scout that died could go sniper or spy, and pick off med/heavy/demo etc. Just depends how well your team is reacting to focus fire calls and realizing what to hit.

Gullywash – pushing last

Assuming you have 6 you have uber they have uber standard setup classes (2sc 2sol 1dem 1 med), the enemy team also have 6 and also have settled into defending, pending where the stickies are:

This is definitely a harder last push than process, but the general consensus is to either send some classes in (usually 2 sols or 1 sol n scout) to pop the uber, then you wait for them to spawn and attack. If it is this scenario, you want the least affective area where the pyro can duke you.

So if it is the following scenario above scenario 1:

– Do not go mid right door, common mistake, usually the pyro is hidden on the boxes, instead you need to do a dual attack strat, send some from say bottom mid entrance and riverside or balc (mid left) entrance and riverside.

– For this to succeed if you willingly know the pyro is ready to block where ever the combo is so usually thats riverside (if he knows the combo is there), then you ideally should send in a scout and a soldier (who should rocket jump in over the pyro while the scout is running into the pyro, this way the pyro has to focus on one of you, at the same time your roaming sol could jump from balc onto the pyro, once destroyed med uses whatever is left of the uber (about 20-30%) of the uber left on the sols to destroy the heavy along with the demo walking in from riverside into the area near cp1.

ideally you could just pick off the pyro without pushing in properly jus by spamming well with the demo, sol and scout but requires more team play and communication)

– Once the pyro/heavy is dead, all you need to do is focus fire on the sol n med, making sure you haven’t taken too long to push, otherwise the med will have uber in time. Make sure your light classes gtfo the way after the pyro kill so that the heavies can do their job and the scouts can flank and start capping, or finishing off the heavies dmg with picks.

Scenario 2

If the pyro and heavy are stuck to the medic, then you have a very difficult task of pushing in, but it is still counterable by:

– Focussing the point but also at the same time, not popping the uber real early, jus walking in from riverside slow and pressure the demo, as he will be running out of stickies and not getting the full heals all the time.

– So meanwhile while you have a scout or sol + scout rushing underneath to get to the point you could push from riverside into the combo with a demo, scout, failure to this you could place stickies near the point, while the flankers are going behind to cap, this way you start to disrupt their solid combo and the pyro or heavy will for sure have to drop along with any other lemming class.

– If the push with the demo and scout onto the combo is unsuccessful within your team try the 2nd approach of focussing the point to separate them (I am also assuming your roaming sol would bomb in the correct time not too early but too late and help with the dmg when the demon scout are ubered in)

Failure to all of what was just said above, you can try an alternative tactic which is to send a solo scoutsol for a nice pick, assuming it’s not the demo or med, then it’s not worth pushing in after your sol dying, then that scout/sol that died could go sniper or spy, and pick off med/heavy/demo etc. Just depends how well your team is reacting to focus fire calls and realizing what to hit.

There are so many variances and I’m sure you will be saying “what if this x y z” and I didn’t cover it e.g. ‘they have a sniper with a pyro n heavy’ etc lol then it changes your approach D: this is why I used to do videos much easier to explain lol ;(

Hope this helps!

Cheers

Byte

kermit

G
sniper

Byte going huge.

Burrito-chan

Quoted from byte

[…]

wow thanks for the help!

Add A Reply Pages: 1