Forum

Demo & Solider rollout training plugin

Created 15th March 2015 @ 23:18

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

overlox

Hey guys,

I’m working on a plugin to allow players to improve their rollouts on the most common competitive maps of TF2.
The idea is to reach the middle point as fast as possible.
The actual version supports demoman only, but solider can be easily added.

Here are the features of this plugin :
– on-hud timer to track the player’s time (implemented)
– personal leaderboard
– real time leaderboard on the server
– global leaderboard for the current map

First is there anybody interested in this ?
I’m not very familiar with competitive TF2 and I’ll take any advice on how you’d like the plugin to be made (overheal at spawn, weapons to be used, etc.)

Thanks !

Last edited by overlox,

NeuTronas

That’s a great idea.
Full buff should be given while you’re standing in the spawn area.
I need to improve some rollouts on certain maps :C

Aoshi

(Legend)
:think:
GRAHAM

Looks like a great idea!
The maps from the current season will probably be your best bet to begin with(you can find these in the 6v6 home, http://etf2l.org/leagues/season-20-home/)

Quoted from overlox

– real time leaderboard on the server

Not completely sure what you mean by this. Do you mean that you have to join a server to play/use the plugin? Or that there is a server with leaderboards on them that actively update?

Last edited by Aoshi,

overlox

First thanks for the support :) !

Quoted from Aoshi

Looks like a great idea!
Not completely sure what you mean by this. Do you mean that you have to join a server to play/use the plugin? Or that there is a server with leaderboards on them that actively update?

– Each “official” server running the plugin will update a global leaderboard
– Any server running the plugin will have its own real-time leaderboard, based on the current users playing on the server.

Last edited by overlox,

hr

If you have leaderboards you’ll need to have a way to check health at the end as otherwise you’ll have people doing rollouts that give people 20 health on mid.

LITphite_

It would be awesome!

overlox

Quoted from hr

If you have leaderboards you’ll need to have a way to check health at the end as otherwise you’ll have people doing rollouts that give people 20 health on mid.

Can you explain a bit more please ? I don’t get it

kaidus

WiK?

If the “leaderboard” is just a timer of who gets to X position first, then it can be easily exploited since doing a proper rollout isn’t just about going fast but arriving on a certain amount of health.

Last edited by kaidus,

Phnx

also there are some mids with a variety of rollouts from different areas, will you implement more than one rollout for a map?

Zesty

(blaster)
open
bobs

Make sure the plugin makes sure you have 260 health after you do the first jump in spawn, as you should get a buff to 260 after you do this jump.

Pete_

PrettyGay

great idea

overlox

Quoted from kaidus

If the “leaderboard” is just a timer of who gets to X position first, then it can be easily exploited since doing a proper rollout isn’t just about going fast but arriving on a certain amount of health.

What is an acceptable amount of health on the middle point ? ~90HP ? more ?

hr

Quoted from overlox

[…]

What is an acceptable amount of health on the middle point ? ~90HP ? more ?

It depends on the rollout. Sometimes it is full health, sometimes it is less. You would have to have a separate requirement for each rollout.

ash

(Legend)
:D

Maybe just list the health in that leaderboard. Or, you know, scrap that altogether.

R4ndom

Devon

Why not use the hp you get to mid as bonus points?
You have 90, you get 90 bonus points

You got to mid on 69, you got 69 bonus points.

Take like the time, add the hp and add things loaded to your wep and make that your overall score for that run.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »