Forum

Hello!

Created 4th December 2014 @ 03:00

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Tetronome

Hello.
I’ve seen many people play competitive TF2, and I want to start getting into it. I’m new to the idea, so any support or help would be greatly appreciated.
As you can see in my profile, I’m actually residing in America, but I feel like this is a good place to start. Since I live in America though, the timing between matches and such will be an issue.

So, I’d like to join in a beginner’s league, which I believe to be Div. 6. I’m not very talented, but I can play a decent Soldier, Engineer, and Medic. I don’t want to be part of a very important match at first, since I’m just starting with this type of play, but it’s really up to the people who set up the event.
I’d like to know how to sign myself up for a league, and also if any leagues are looking for any players of the classes I’ve listed above.

Thanks, Tetronome
My steam link: http://steamcommunity.com/id/thiswillneverchange/

Last edited by Tetronome,

.Constantine

(ETF2L Tomator)
(ノಠOಠ)ノ

If you’re completely new to the competitive scene, i would suggest you start by having a look at some youtube videos (or find written guides on google or something) about the very basics (rules and class limitations, objectives etc.) of the format you would like to play (4v4, 6v6, 9v9 aka highlander) although i didn’t watch any myself when i started, i’m pretty sure there’s plenty to find. With that being done you can additionally watch some class tutorials, like rollouts for any map, positionings, prioritization of objectives, for starters you can stick to your mostly enjoyed class, but you’ll need to learn how the other classes work aswell to understand the flow of the game, to develop teamwork, which will be getting more of a major subject as you get more into it and eventually climb higher in divisions.
Once you’re confident with that you should come together with a bunch of like-minded people, learn all the stuff above together, and get right into the game, from there it’s about practice.
Since you’re from the US i would also suggest you try finding a team on http://www.ugcleague.com/ or at least ask their forums for help aswell, UGC is more focused on america and should be easier for you
If you want you can check out http://rc.tf2center.com/ aswell, its a lobby-based matchmaking site with quite a lot of beginners, you can also try making friends there, ask them to play together some time, tell them you’re new to this stuff and you’d like to get into it etc.
You’ll meet some dicks there too though, just don’t be too sensitive about being called a noob or whatever and keep practicing
HF GL

cheers, im off to bed, 4am in germany zZzZ

ash

(Legend)
:D

Ugc/cevo/esea should be better places for you to start. Playing as American in an European league will not only create issues time wise (which you can handle yourself depending on how you schedule your life) but you’ll also suffer from high pings, which makes fps games in particular much less enjoyable.
If you want to stay with us anyhow, check out our recruitment section on the menu bar on top. You can also create your own advert via team admin top right – dashboard – recruitment.

Add A Reply Pages: 1