Forum

The new newbies

Created 4th November 2014 @ 11:26

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

torden

broder
syster

Hey, some sons of collegues of mine want to get into competitive. The help posts appear to be old, so I have some quick questions.

– Is IRC still the only way to arrange games (d5/d6 level)?

– Should they play lobbies or tf2 center?

– Are there any active pub servers with decent players?

Cheers!

Fuxx

REMOVE

There are a couple of groups for 6v6 scrimming but afaik IRC is still the most efficient way

tf2lobby is dead IIRC. tf2center is really noob friendly to get into but I can’t say I’ve played much 6v6 there

skial badwater and skial harvest is usually visited by several competitive players so you’re bound to get some decent challenges there from time to time

just my opinion tho

Last edited by Fuxx,

Morphine

(Cat Enthusiast)
一一═デ︻

Woah, its THE TORDEN.

tf.wars is still the place to go really.

tf2center.com is the popular pickup place. Skill level here is around div5/6. Tf2pickup is around d3

The Skial servers tend to have comp players but difficult to get in around peak time.

Edit: Just got ninja’d WHELP

Last edited by Morphine,

irc is probably the easiest way to organise a game, but it’s more than likely going to be against mixes than actual teams. So just adding team leaders I’d say.

tf2center to start out I guess.

Pubs that fuxx mentioned are ok, so is German HQ servers, Reddit EU, Rock n roll. Not sure if hampshire heavies payload is still up.

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from Morphine

Tf2pickup is around d3

?

PuzZle

Boys
GG

valve’s cp_process servers have pretty good players around the evening usually

by good I mean they know how to reset the timer so we can forever play our glorious map

Last edited by PuzZle,

torden

broder
syster

Nice, thanks for the help.
Would anyone mind dropping the server connect details here when convenient?

Cheers!

XO -

HH servers are good to ip:78.32.51.115:27015 server 1, server 2 178.32.51.115:27025 and server 4 178.32.51.115:27045 there are some comp players who go on those servers and good maps to.

Skial Badwater 1 – 94.23.226.200:2010

Reddit EU – 31.186.250.227:27015

German HQ CP maps – 193.192.59.128:28115

German HQ Payload – 193.192.59.128:27915

German HQ Valve – 193.192.59.128:27815

Kaneco

Quoted from Permzilla

[…]

?

Tf2pickup level is definitely higher. And the rules even state its not the place to learn competitive tf2

Chances are if you’re gonna play in tf2pickup as your first competitive experience you will be banned.

Last edited by Kaneco,

Permzilla

(Legend)
(☞゚ヮ゚)☞
WiK?

Quoted from Kaneco

[…]

Tf2pickup level is definitely higher. And the rules even state its not the place to learn competitive tf2

Chances are if you’re gonna play in tf2pickup as your first competitive experience you will be banned.

I’m not an expert in either of these pickups since I basically never play in them, but I’m pretty sure TF2Pickup is nowhere near a div3 level. TF2Center is basically non comp/div6 and TF2Pickup is mostly for players already in comp but that doesn’t mean the skill level is div3…

torden

broder
syster

The level of TF2 pickup doesn’t really matter – it’s beyond these newbies!

Big thanks for linking those servers, hearts and smiley faces.

CHERRY

Quoted from Kaneco

[…]

http://logs.tf/439254?highlight=76561198025176040
Didn’t get banned so don’t worry :)

Raptor

BTWFC
S-O

Quoted from CHERRY

[…]
http://logs.tf/439254?highlight=76561198025176040
Didn’t get banned so don’t worry :)

cause everyone likes you :D
i would say pickup is div 5+,even if there are div 6 players, i’ve never seen an average div under 5

hr

Quoted from Fuxx

skial badwater and skial harvest is usually visited by several competitive players so you’re bound to get some decent challenges there from time to time

Don’t forget that skial dustbowl bro.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »