Forum

-6s tactics- need help agains HL plays.

Created 30th September 2014 @ 11:59

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Jesse James

Hello community. Here is Jesse, I am a main medic 6s.
We had on sunday our first official, which went pretty well at the beginning. As we hit 5-0, our opponent team decided to stop playing 6 and started with HL bullsh… tactics. It went that far, they played in process with heavy pyro engineer at the same time…

Well I am not here to brag. It surely is allowed and we have to deal with it. Truth being told, we were absolutly not prepared for that at all. We didn’t knew how to counter 450 HP pocket and stuff… We are a new team anyways.

I just want to ask, how you deal with non-meta tactics.

Sincerly

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

The main reason the standard setup is the standard setup, is because you have the best mobility/damage ratio. If they are running pocket heavy, he should be really easy for you to focus down. Their flanks are also bound to be shit if they are using heavy and pyro, abuse that.

doks

Let your scouts dominate the pyros and heavies… Get the roamer or one of the scouts to go sniper. Heavy is an easy pick especially in an open map like process.

Heavies are slow and cant jump – abuse this as much as possible. Go for backcaps for example. Their combo will be to slow to block the cap. So make your flank stronger and win battles there [if you are unable to focus down a heavy lol]

Tornf4lk

cc//

I am by no means an expert but I believe th reason we use scouts, soldiers, and demos are because they are suited to most situations. Whereas other classes excel in specific situations.

A heavy does well when tanking and it’s damage is good for those with aim but in 6s it doesn’t have movement. As dodging isn’t an issue you need to coordinate spam classes to do damage at the same time.

Pyros are annoying to uber against since they can immobilise and reflect rockets and nades, but hitscan can’t be repelled, run a scout with you and have your pocket shotgun to kill the pyro early then move in.

Engineers are worse than heavies in the sense that they take time to make a useful sentry and the sentry can’t dodge. Try to listen for the beeps sentries make and spam the sentry before a push.

The difficulty is in playing closely together with your teammates, it can be countered but you might want an uber or kritz advantage to give you the edge back.

Last edited by Tornf4lk,

Fuxx

REMOVE

Essentially if a team is not running the cookie cutter standard (a.k.a “proper 6v6”) except for specific situations then they have willingly put themselves in an inferior situation. If you’re having trouble with it consider changing your game a bit, because after all if it’s legal then it’s fair game.

ash

(Legend)
:D

Quoted from Fuxx

(…) If you’re having trouble with it consider changing your game a bit, because after all if it’s legal then it’s fair game.

I might have misunderstood OP, but didn’t he ask for help in adapting his team’s game…?

Fuxx

REMOVE

It was more so in response to his “hl bs tactics” comment than anything else. The posts above mine already give a lot of info on what he can do

Add A Reply Pages: 1