Forum

Logjam demoman rollout tutorial

Created 25th September 2014 @ 22:49

Add A Reply Pages: 1

hr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XclnxEuNG7g

I made a guide for the logjam rollout, hope you like.

MARS^

(ETF2L Donator)
ANIMA
Nein

I can get on the pack on 46 without doing an inconsistent pogo

hr

Quoted from MARS^

I can get on the pack on 46 without doing an inconsistent pogo

It’s not inconsistent in the slightest, I’ve practiced it for 2 hours total and I can do it almost every time. If you perfect the rollout you can make it on the pack for 47 maybe even the equivalent of 48 if you do the thing I show at the end where you take the pack the long way around.

MARS^

(ETF2L Donator)
ANIMA
Nein

Quoted from hr

[…]
It’s not inconsistent in the slightest, I’ve practiced it for 2 hours total and I can do it almost every time. If you perfect the rollout you can make it on the pack for 47 maybe even the equivalent of 48 if you do the thing I show at the end where you take the pack the long way around.

I can hit perfect pogos on offline servers with 0 ping most of the time, too. It’s just different when you do it in an actual match. I’m not trying to say that it is stupid to do your rollout, in fact it’s probably better to go and practice it so you can get similar rollouts down. Your video was also pretty good and detailed.
Just wanted to note that there is a far easier rollout which gets me to mid as fast.

hr

Quoted from MARS^

[…]

I can hit perfect pogos on offline servers with 0 ping most of the time, too. It’s just different when you do it in an actual match. I’m not trying to say that it is stupid to do your rollout, in fact it’s probably better to go and practice it so you can get similar rollouts down. Your video was also pretty good and detailed.
Just wanted to note that there is a far easier rollout which gets me to mid as fast.

It’s a fair point but if you practice in a match server it’s really not that much more difficult. I’d like to see your rollout as I know one that can do 46 without the pogo and most people would probably consider it easier but it’s actually slower than my 46 as you can only fire your first damaging sticky 1 sec later because you can’t fire it over the hut roof. But if I was to compare how easy my rollout is to say the standard badlands or fast process ones I’d say it is easier and those are seen all the time, it really depends on how much you can do with the rollout and whether it’s worth it to be fast on this mid.

Popcorp

There’s also net_fakelag to add more realism in your OFFLINE rollouts training

MARS^

(ETF2L Donator)
ANIMA
Nein

Quoted from hr

[…]
It’s a fair point but if you practice in a match server it’s really not that much more difficult. I’d like to see your rollout as I know one that can do 46 without the pogo and most people would probably consider it easier but it’s actually slower than my 46 as you can only fire your first damaging sticky 1 sec later because you can’t fire it over the hut roof. But if I was to compare how easy my rollout is to say the standard badlands or fast process ones I’d say it is easier and those are seen all the time, it really depends on how much you can do with the rollout and whether it’s worth it to be fast on this mid.

I can maybe record the rollout tomorrow

hr

Quoted from Popcorp

There’s also net_fakelag to add more realism in your OFFLINE rollouts training

That makes it jumpy and unnatural for me, if you have a server then using that is much superior in my opinion.

MARS^

(ETF2L Donator)
ANIMA
Nein

not perfect yet, I think you can get on the kit on a late 47/very early 46 but you get the idea

http://youtu.be/WJWN6J8clCA

even WAR might be able to pull this off :^)

Last edited by MARS^,

hr

I only saw your post yesterday, yeah that’s pretty similar to the one I figured out after I made the video the only difference with mine being an extra sticky at the shutter door and taking the pack but I think your way is better because it caused errors from firing stickies too fast for the double sticky jump. As for the comparison with the one I use in the video I’m not sure what to think, if you can only get 46 consistently with the left side one then probably doing the right side rollout is better but I think the sticky over the top is really hard to aim for me so I can see people just firing it later which would make it worse than a left side 46. I think if getting an extra second or two is important on logjam then if one was to perfect the left side rollout it could be useful but from what I can tell the demo can get to mid way faster than any other class, I’m not sure if that means you can do a lot with a faster rollout or not.

Add A Reply Pages: 1