Forum

Reputation Based Scrims

Created 20th April 2014 @ 09:56

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

Eisen

I’ve been struggling lately to find teams to scrim against, that wouldn’t cancel the match just a couple of hours or even minutes before the arranged time. I play HL and it can be a bit frustrating after you’ve gone through the pain of getting 8 other people together in the same server at the same time.
I know that there is a steam group that allows you to add other team leaders and arrange a match, but my experience with it in the past two months has been relatively bad. There have been teams who have been very kind and found replacements in case they can’t play themselves, but this is a minority. I’ve resorted to arranging scrims with other team leaders that i know relatively well, but this doesn’t make for a very diverse pool to choose from, and sooner or later we learn each other’s ways of playing.
I was wondering what everyone thinks about an idea, if we had a website where teams could register their profile and arrange scrims. After a scrim each team can rate the other team based on whether they turned up on time, cancelled the match, or if they were the most awesome people on earth – a sort of reputation system. Team profiles could show their reliability in each aspect of the arrangement.
What do people think about a website like this? Do you think it is necessary, and even doable? Any thoughts appreciated.

Last edited by Eisen,

roban

:-)

Group is enough, if there was a website like that the biggest problem would get people to use it in first place, and since Highlander Team Leaders has over 1000 members at the moment its probably not the easiest thing to do. Also every single time when I have looked for a scrim in 1 or 2 days in advance I have gotten one so I dont really know why your experience from that group is bad?

Clark

SDCK!

I like the idea, but I doubt that will work with highlander players who are already used to the group system.

hr

I’ve just made a team and am having the same problem and it’s basically because you’re playing in div6, those kids just aren’t reliable, once you start getting d4/5 and higher I think you’ll have a nicer experience, if you use the group and keep everyone that seemed reliable added and add them to a category you could use this to then arrange later scrims.

I do however like your idea and have thought of it myself, I just don’t think it would work now that everyone is used to just using a steam group.

kKaltUu

UbeR |
-chess-

If you surround yourself with the proper teams (that do show up, don’t come late, don’t rage quit etc..) you will be able to cherrypick them in the next season.
I’ve seen teams getting a bad rep when not showing up for scrims and other teams refusing them as well.

I don’t know how much I can say, but most of those features are planned for TF2Center, so have patience. In the meantime: use the highlander teamleaders group and ask around! befriend the good teams, blacklist the ones that spoil everything.

Freddy

i can imagine how much abuse that system would get.

“we lost, fuck these kids literally 0/10”

Spike Himself

TC

Why do HL teams not use IRC to find matches? That way you won’t have to plan anything ahead.

ginger

|ΠἈ|

I lead a div 6 HL team, and scrimming is a nightmare as we are usually 9 sat in the server 30+ mins waiting for a bunch of idiots to get together, then the gameplay is barely satisfying. My team say “well LEADER, get us better scrim” go to higher div teams and ask them, nah mate not scrimming you, you are div 6 scrub get your stench off me

like i get that time is money, but don’t judge a team by their div without giving them a chance to show that even if they are a roll, they are still organised and punctual and polite

w3doe

Quoted from Spike Himself

Why do HL teams not use IRC to find matches? That way you won’t have to plan anything ahead.

please give us a 9v9 channel that isnt tf.wars, thats only made for 6v6.

bub

Quoted from Freddy

Linus

[d¿s]

Quoted from ginger

I lead a div 6 HL team, and scrimming is a nightmare as we are usually 9 sat in the server 30+ mins waiting for a bunch of idiots to get together, then the gameplay is barely satisfying. My team say “well LEADER, get us better scrim” go to higher div teams and ask them, nah mate not scrimming you, you are div 6 scrub get your stench off me

like i get that time is money, but don’t judge a team by their div without giving them a chance to show that even if they are a roll, they are still organised and punctual and polite

Some teams don’t have that much time so getting a lower div game is a risk of getting a bad game.

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

I’d like to make such a site for finding games for all game modes. Tell me more about what features you would expect.

ReseF

DBLE

The site has to be NOT gay AND homo AT the same TIME.

Sash

PF

Quoted from Admirable

I’d like to make such a site for finding games for all game modes. Tell me more about what features you would expect.

Search by date and division(s).
Offering a game “now” requires you to press a button all X minutes to confirm that you are still ready.
Offering team can deposit their connect and it will only be handed out to a team accepting to scrim. If a team accepts the offer to scrim, all “now” offers from both teams are removed from the queue, but can be reactivated e.g. if the enemy team doesn’t show up.

Spycy

TC.Express

Quoted from Freddy

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »