Forum

I'm a steel scout who wants to improve

Created 9th April 2014 @ 11:46

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Closo

Hey, I’m Closo, the sub/second scout for the team “The Tiny Waffles” And I’m looking to improve my skill drastically, but I’m not sure how.

https://www.mediafire.com/?lv53365142gv3dr

Here’s a link to a demo of my most recent lobby in badwater. I believe this is me playing at an average level to my standards, therefore it could be easier to judge.

If anyone would be willing to tell me what I could do better, what I should do, or what I should stop doing, and give me criticism, I’d be very thankful!

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

I didn’t watch your demo, but I think you would benefit more from providing a demo of koth/5cp than payload as scout, to be honest.

Closo

Quoted from Scissors

I didn’t watch your demo, but I think you would benefit more from providing a demo of koth/5cp than payload as scout, to be honest.

I was lead to believe that badlands was the scout’s prime map. But if you think it’d be better, I can also upload a koth/5cp demo.

Quoted from Closo

[…]

I was lead to believe that badlands was the scout’s prime map. But if you think it’d be better, I can also upload a koth/5cp demo.

Badlands =/= Badwater

Scissors

(ETF2L Donator)

Quoted from Closo

[…]

Badlands is not played in highlander, though. It doesn’t have to be your best map or anything, I just think it would be easier to give criticism on a game where you dont push a cart half of the time :)

If you have played a game on for example Lakeside (preferably with your own team, not a lobby), I can look at your positioning, flanks, the fights you pick and how you work with the rest of the flank, primarely the soldier. Maybe I got a tip or 2, dunno

Closo

Quoted from Solid

[…]
Badlands =/= Badwater

Fudge.

Can you blame me for mixing them up?

Steel on ETF2L?

If you want a stronger aim play some DM and some MGE, as well as some tr_walkway or whatever. Too much MGE will make you worse at the game so be careful about that.

If you want get better positioning you should watch some high div HL games. Watch Dennia from Kill Switch or something. I heard he’s actually good now.

If you want to get better at the actual game you might wanna get plying at higher divs as much as possible, or just play as many decent matches as possible.

If you don’t want die sometime, bring a soldier with you.

Closo

Quoted from .

Steel on ETF2L?

Thank you for the advice. I seem to keep messing up stuff in this thread, I forgot steel was ugc, not etf2l. *sigh*

Closo

Quoted from Scissors

[…]If you have played a game on for example Lakeside (preferably with your own team, not a lobby), I can look at your positioning, flanks, the fights you pick and how you work with the rest of the flank, primarely the soldier. Maybe I got a tip or 2, dunno

http://www.mediafire.com/download/kgiuw68ool8oohy/20140331_1910_cp_gullywash_final1_waffle_maan.dem

Here you go. Here’s a tense UGC official I played with my team, I hope this will be more acceptable to judge.

Try to ignore the comms, they were a bit weird.

Popcorp

Baby face blaster + Pocket Pistol + Atomizer

Best combo in UGC

Carlos Kaiser

Didn’t watch the demo, but the biggest problem with lower level flank players is that they leave the flank quite often and overextend a lot, simply waiting around on the flank is better than going into a fight where the enemy has the advantage, unless you’re pushing or taking part in a suicide run on koth of course. Then again, I didn’t watch the demo.

Closo

Quoted from Carlos Kaiser

Didn’t watch the demo, but the biggest problem with lower level flank players is that they leave the flank quite often and overextend a lot, simply waiting around on the flank is better than going into a fight where the enemy has the advantage, unless you’re pushing or taking part in a suicide run on koth of course. Then again, I didn’t watch the demo.

That’s pretty useful advice for me. Thanks, I’ll take take that into consideration in my next game.

Munky

AEUGH

Go here http://etf2l.org/about/demos/?team=&comp=222&div=1195&map=&pov=stv pick the map you want to learn to play and watch from the pov of scouts to see what they do. Get a general idea of your role and responsibilities on that map. Try to pick itsallgood games due to lazybear.

On top of that go onto dm servers when you play to try to get better at shooting things.

W1nco

You can add me if you want, can probably give some general tips and answer some more detailed questions you may have about different map-styles like 5cp, koth and payload.

Closo

Quoted from Munky

Go here http://etf2l.org/about/demos/?team=&comp=222&div=1195&map=&pov=stv pick the map you want to learn to play and watch from the pov of scouts to see what they do. Get a general idea of your role and responsibilities on that map. Try to pick itsallgood games due to lazybear.

On top of that go onto dm servers when you play to try to get better at shooting things.

Apologies for the scrubby question, but how do I switch pov’s between each member in a replay? Or can I not do that?

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »