Forum

LF d6/5 medic mentor

Created 6th April 2014 @ 15:10

Add A Reply Pages: 1

w3doe

Hey, been playing some medic lately. For me, its like i don’t like the class very much, but if i make myself play it i have a really good time. I really started liking the class, but I feel im not doing as good as i should be doing for my team. I always find myself too passive, but if i try to play more aggressive, I find myself having a scattergun shoved up my ass. I get shouted on alot, altho im not that horrible, people say my ubers are pretty good. Never outplayed the other medic ever, logs don’t lie. Pls help a retard.

Collaide

Quoted from w3doe

..logs don’t lie.

*coughs* medics building uber?

wait what did I just say

Last edited by Collaide,

doks

feel free to add me. Im available most evenings from 16 cet to 20 cet. And then later AFTER my pcws. We can go through some demos or just general questions you might have! :)

w3doe

youre latvian instant add latvians are cool<3

Try playing combat Medic in pubs. Especially some that fancies Scouts, you should build up a way to dodge fairly quickly. Lobbies are also good as you will most likely get flanked a lot by anything.
I dunno how your comms are, but shout at your teammates that a Scout is trying to molest you while you’re trying out the new cooly dodges that you got from the practice in pubs. If that’s not the case, I wonder what your pocket is doing then.

Also the obvious tip: never stand in front of your teammates.

w3doe

Alright, thanks, never really thought of pubs. Will try for sure

Koala

Quoted from w3doe

Never outplayed the other medic ever, logs don’t lie.

Don’t trust logs on medic comparison. It’s really not fair, obviously the more aggressive medic will most likely die more etc, however, he will also most likely help his team more as well.

And I think you’re better of practicing combat medic skills in mge/dm, playing scouts will teach you to time and dodge his shots, playing soldiers will teach you to surf away from his rockets etc.

Last edited by Koala,

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Koala

And I think you’re better of practicing combat medic skills in mge/dm, playing scouts will teach you to time and dodge his shots, playing soldiers will teach you to surf away from his rockets etc.

This. Know your enemy, and all that.

Problem will be though that the one playing Scout or Soldier in both MGE and DM will quickly grow bored. Also most DM servers don’t allow Medic. :(

If you don’t have anyone to volunteer to MGE scout/solly, then the pubbing is the second choice, try hightower as Scouts and Sollys are popular in that map (and biros, beware).

Also Medic chains won’t really benefit you in getting a better DM. Not saying that you do them.

If you want to practice your crossbow shots then vsh (saxton hale) is quite nice for that considering he has the same speed as a Scout (small, small difference with movement).

Fool

Aspie
TC.Crash

I used to play shitload of degroot to get good with saw and xbow. I always thought that its the best dm practice for medic since its harder to get a kill in 1 vs 1 melee than killing a scout that runs directly at you while shooting at you.

Also try playing pubs with your heavy/demo/pyro to learn to play with them better.

Also play jump maps as solly it helps you with your surfs.

Make sure that your teams plays around you and not the other way around. If you play passive your team plays passive and so on.

Add A Reply Pages: 1