Forum

Consistency

Created 5th April 2014 @ 18:25

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »

Schweppes

it’s pretty clear he means consistency

if you feel like you’re playing badly, just relax and get it together, truth is everyone has their off days. don’t get frustrated since you’ll play even worse then

Setlet

Quoted from hr

The fuck is this terrible advice about playing some rhythm game? I think there are many things that affect your consistency, for me it’s largely mental – if I can relax and actually aim my shots I’ll shit on nerds with ease, I also use a high sens so warming up before I play matches with dm is somewhat necessary, it also calms my aim down.

It can be a mental issue yes, but for me playing in a constant basis helps my consistancy. But because you can’t always play in a DM server (they can be frustrating), the rhythm game option is an easy-going alternative. But that’s why I said it’s not for everybody. You need to know the reason why you are inconsistent (either it’s a mental thing or your muscle memory isn’t what it should be).

jx53

Quoted from virgo

[…]

I’ll try c:

[…]

I think yes…
What do you mean by proper?

Enhanced mouse precision off and no acceleration

virgo

~

Last edited by virgo,

TWEEKARN\

ez-sports.ru

“I know but for me relaxing isn’t easy, if I take concentration I always return to reality and start to miss shots.”

ahahhahahah maybe take the game less serious and face the fact that ur not some super good talented nerd? seriously tho some fresh air wouldn’t hurt cuz reading what u write in this thread sounds like u take this game far too serious

inb4 swedish/british internet police

hr

Quoted from Setlet

[…]
But because you can’t always play in a DM server (they can be frustrating), the rhythm game option is an easy-going alternative

I find playing with bots (like tracking jumping bots on walkway with the pistol) to be an easy going alternative, playing an entirely different game is stupid and won’t even help your muscle memory.

Tooni

Quoted from Morgus

[…]

The things you have to do in the game don’t relate to what’s happening in the song wtf

it’s actually really helpful. Great for improving mouse control. i always feel like my aim is better after playing osu

Last edited by Tooni,

Setlet

Quoted from hr

[…]
I find playing with bots (like tracking jumping bots on walkway with the pistol) to be an easy going alternative, playing an entirely different game is stupid and won’t even help your muscle memory.

Hmm I used to play walkaway a lot, maybe I should go back to it. Thanks for reminding me :)

I can’t comment if playing rhythm games help muscle memory or not, because I’m not an expert on that subject. Sometimes I even doubt myself thinking if it’s just a placebo effect. But if the 2d sensitivity and 3d sensitivity are about the same, shouldn’t it be logical that it would help?

MoZz

I doubt, that osu! helps improving in TF2, mainly because the way you aim is so different.

In osu! you’re basically always focusing ‘ahead’ of your cursor, meaning that while you’re clicking one circle, you’re already looking at the next one. That’s also the reason why HD doesn’t really add any difficulty (expect for hidden circles ofc).

Also, osu! is mostly about memorizing patterns anyway.

jx53

Quoted from MoZz

I doubt, that osu! helps improving in TF2, mainly because the way you aim is so different.

In osu! you’re basically always focusing ‘ahead’ of your cursor, meaning that while you’re clicking one circle, you’re already looking at the next one. That’s also the reason why HD doesn’t really add any difficulty (expect for hidden circles ofc).

So is soldier, but I agree with you. To get better at something you must practise that something not that other thing.

Setlet

Quoted from MoZz

Interesting, never really thought of it that way. Props to you sir.

virgo

~

Last edited by virgo,

Bloodyyy

(Weeaboo Nerd)
(XD ͜ʖXD)

Quoted from MoZz

If you’re a highsens user, it helps alot imo. Also @setlet the song is waaaay too slow. I like it faster. :p

Setlet

Quoted from Bloodyyy

[…]

If you’re a highsens user, it helps alot imo. Also @setlet the song is waaaay too slow. I like it faster. :p

You like it fast and hard? ;)

Bloodyyy

(Weeaboo Nerd)
(XD ͜ʖXD)

Quoted from Setlet

[…]

You like it fast and hard? ;)

yes. Give me the .. insane songs.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 Next »