Forum

Training server manners

Created 14th March 2014 @ 19:08

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

I’ve been away from the competitive scene for a bit longer than a year so this might sound dumb. I’ve been trying out some MGE and DM servers the latest days to get some aim back and I noticed a few things.

Demos spam stickies all over, soldiers spam down a _lot_ and others hunt demos with their shotgun. Scouts pistol harass demos and hunt cheap frags. On MGE servers there is a lot of spam and running about and people rocketsurf rather than trying to dodge. I remember these things all being a big no-no. Did I miss something? I’m not trying to imply “git gud” or anything.

hr

Do soldier’s spam down in game? Do demos use sticks in game? Do scouts pistol in game? All of these things are better to play with in my opinion all of this ‘MGE etiquette’ is less about a training mod and more about tryharding MGE no? If you don’t like how someone plays then get a friend to play how you want them to play I guess or of course git gud

There is a big difference in scenarios between training servers and matches, isn’t it? No medic, no focus fire to speak of and no teamwork. I doubt you’ll get much better from spamming and fraghunting under those circumstances rather than practising your aim and dodging skills, but hey. This is just my opinion and I’ve been gone for a long while.

AnimaL

its a cartoon game, why mad?

retz

To be honest this “MGE etiquette” thing personally pisses me off, I usually play in mge servers and I can’t finish a match just because people get mad cause they aren’t able to counter the enemy, mge for me is just a pratice tool and not a “have-to-win-against-strangers” thing, so when I see these people quit because they’re like “stop spamming noob” I really feel bad for them, and one thing I noticed is that they do it only when they are losing, so yeah, think about it

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

everytime i lose a match on mge a cute puppy dies!

Phnx

so true.

Quoted from AnimaL

its a cartoon game, why mad?

Not mad, I feel like I should know what’s expected on these servers.

AnimaL

you should find a friend to play against if you dont like that someone is winning you

Phnx

Quoted from AnimaL

you should find a friend to play against if you dont like that someone is winning you

depends how he wins you, if he airshots you the whole game that’s fine, if he is gonna counter jump and do shit like that and completely miss the point of mge that is a bit less fine:p

Quoted from AnimaL

Twisting words much?

I like being beat, that means I’ll probably learn something from it. Phoenix took the words out of my mouth.

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

Rocketsurfing is a great skill to learn in DM fights and can help you out loads, why would you get mad at people doing that? It’s an important thing to practice.

Starkie

ulti?
sniper

the best way to play mge (if you want to improve) is to not take the easy shots/frags
try to find someone to play against who will do the same

quintosh

wL.

Quoted from Sideshow

Rocketsurfing is a great skill to learn in DM fights and can help you out loads, why would you get mad at people doing that? It’s an important thing to practice.

is it really more useful than just trying to dodge? i mean if you’re a pocket and if you try to surf every rocket a soldier shoots at you in an exchange…?

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

Quoted from quintosh

[…]

is it really more useful than just trying to dodge? i mean if you’re a pocket and if you try to surf every rocket a soldier shoots at you in an exchange…?

how can you dodge splashdamage (given your opponent doesnt suck)

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »