Forum

Lost my sniper aim.

Created 28th February 2014 @ 18:59

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Bubl

So i used to play sniper way better but now i cant hit anything at all my aim is flicky.I trained in dm and my scout aim got way better but my sniper aim got bad.Whats the best way to train sniper aim?

Last edited by Bubl,

kaidus

WiK?

snipe

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SlCRfTmBSGs

If you don’t think practise is helping, something wrong with your technique, you can adjust your sniper sensitivity by going into your cfg folder in your tf folder and adjusting sensitivity for sniping, though it is arguable whether or not that helps as many believe your aim is best when you keep everything the same (muscle memory and all).

Bubl

it seems every time i improve as scout my sniper aim becames twitchy.I understand that you need to practice but what do you think its the best method to practice

Last edited by Bubl,

quad

Make sure you chill out, breathe. Concentrate, and keep focus on being smooth, have in your mind that you are only slightly off, like 1mm to 1cm, so keep focus on aiming perfectly smooth within a cm.

Bubl

its a honor from quad

Kaneco

What I have noticed is that consistency is my biggest problem, some days I could hit impossible back to back headshot while other days I miss on a stopped guy.

I guess consistency is also a big factor of how good you are as sniper but what I have found to improve it is to play some sniper only servers (altough these are really excruciating if the maps / players are too bad) or simply dm / pub a lot as sniper.

Playing sniper maps for like 30 mins helps me a lot.

Being relaxed as quad said plays a big factor, because if you’re not relaxed you start to get a lot more twitchy aim, and that only makes it worse, causing you to miss a lot of easy shots, at least for me

Bubl

whats truly the best map to practice?

Kaneco

Quoted from Bubl

whats truly the best map to practice?

If it’s a pub or dm any map works because it makes you adapt to different situations or sightlines. (I like process tho). If it’s a sniper map, well I usually just join a sniper only server I have in favorites and if I feel the map/players are too bad I just leave, otherwise its all good practise

Wuba

#wubafan

I feel your hurt :(

Setlet

Play in American servers and kill people using overexaggerated flickshots to get your self esteem back. No really, you get headshots so easily because of lag compensation that you are not allowed to snipe in American pickups with over 150 pings (at least it used to be this way).

It helps for me :D

cp_orange

hr

back when I was ok at sniper I played loads of sniper pubs, really the only thing about sniper is that you have to be precise with the shots so I think flicking them is bad, I always try to track people and wait until a good time to shoot the shot rather than taking it quickly

nijoonen

Gaston
8-)

Orange + Any Skial server. Having a little bit of autism dosen’t really hurt when it comes to sniper either.

damneasy

sniping on pubs doesnt really help.. everyone can hit those shots lol

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »