Forum

How to read the scoreboard + gamesense

Created 21st February 2014 @ 21:29

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

byte

Have some time tonight/tomorrow, was wondering how people would like this conducted?

There are so many scenarios to cover, not sure how best to visually show u while explaining, any thoughts please.

Also when I say reading the scoreboard I don’t just mean reading it “literally” I mean understanding what to do in a particular situation based on what is up/down what class, what ground u’re on and so on…

Cheers

Byte

doks

Show scoreboard -> go through what should be on your mind in a particular situation -> how its put to action / or not and why.

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

Cover uber counting via scoreboard iam sure that will help upcoming medics

Last edited by smziii,

AnimaL

Best huds, of course in your opinion. What kind of scoreboards (huds) are bad for comp play. (like default shitboard that has gray background that you cant see anything behind)

byte

Yeah, is that the only real way though? of going through the demo and pausing while pressing tab with ur compadres to explain the scenario?

If so then isn’t a problem just thought there maybe a better method, also Animal if you wanted a decent HUD while doing the explanation, what HUD would u recommend?

Cheers

Byte

doks

Well if you want to talk about “how to read the scoreboard” and then find a way not to look at it… :D

Vaskie

BulletClub

eveHUD is probably one of the best HUDs, extremely easy to read and quite pleasant to the eyes.

Coolbeans

TC

Hey, my team’s med and I would be very happy to learn some stuff. We’d need to know some times though.

AnimaL

M0rehud represent!!

tbh nfi whats good out there :D It’s usually preference anyway, I just know 50% of popular huds are awful because they have dumb gray/black backgrounds or have bad font and too much useless info like huge K:D ratios in middle of screen.

I have not done my research so I guess just mention that scoreboard hud needs to be readable and possibly as transparent as it can be if you like running around with it open. While still being easy to spot player names and if they are dead and such.

It’s one of the first thing I look at when checking out new huds and if the scoreboard is bad for comp play then I dont even consider trying the hud.

Last edited by AnimaL,

byte

Quoted from Coolbeans

Hey, my team’s med and I would be very happy to learn some stuff. We’d need to know some times though.

This evening 9pm onwards any good?

If so add me on steam :)

Cheers

Byte

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

Hmm, tough subject.This is mainly addressing maincallers, I guess. Who is down, what class do they play, respawn timers, positioning, map dependancy, how to avoid overextending as a team, etc.

smziii

(Legendary Ratehacks)
SVIFT

you could also cover spawnwaves and how they change if u cap certain points (for example kothmaps vs 5cp maps)

byte

aye samzii some good pointers u’ve raised, this should be compulsory for any player on the field really, not just for “maincallers” :)

Knowing how to read a scoreboard means ur chances of being godlike increase 100% :P

Cheers

Byte

BenBazinga

Garlic.tf

Maybe briefly cover mp_showrespawntimes?

byte

still need player/team to help :)

can add me on steam or msg on this thread

Cheers

Byte

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »