Created 9th February 2014 @ 22:45

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

akachu

How2.
Add me

kKaltUu

UbeR |
-chess-

use mumble and tell your team where you want them to be.

wat een geweldig diepgaande discussie met twee halve zinnen hierzo.

Last edited by kKaltUu,

Spike Himself

TC

Maybe you get more feedback if you are a bit more specific on what exactly you are struggling with. The same advice also applies to that other thread you made. Perhaps be a bit less demanding when you’re asking for favours ;)

Switch

soL.
T⑨

Maincalling in 3 easy steps!

Step one: Tell your team what to do

Step two: Watch as your team do exactly the opposite

Step three: get mad and quit TF2

Good luck and have fun!

Ace

http://www.reddit.com/r/truetf2/comments/1dtqs8/medic_maincaller_questions/

An AMA I did on Reddit about a year ago, not sure if it’s very relevant, but it might be of some help.

byte

Be able to do all of the following

1) Not be a typical male i.e. be prepared to listen, adapt and aim all at once.

2) Use the scoreboard alot, it requires you to calculate what needs to be done, again this is while you’re playing so multi-tasking is against man here…

3) Be prepared to raise your voice, as harsh n thick it is for some, some of the players are channeled and zoned into what they are doing and just focus on what needs to be done in their eyes but as a team perspective it could be the entirely wrong thing.

4) Be prepared to have some tolerance

5) *BONUS* tip: if you’re good at maths then you’re odds at being good at maincalling have just increased significantly :D

There’s plenty more tips I could state but those are the obvious ones.

Cheers

Byte

Last edited by byte,

byte

Quoted from Switch

Good luck and have fun!

hahaha so true <3

Cheers

Byte

.kr4tos

(ETF2L Donator)
FLANK
DGB

make sure you scream out every call and let them know that you are more important than anyone else in your team.
also make sure you blame and get mad with your team mates if they do something else that you called, even if it worked and they killed the entire team.

Last edited by .kr4tos,

T0m

(ETF2L Donator)

Rule with an iron fist.

jx53

Quoted from Switch

Good luck and have fun!

way too fucking true

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Spend some time with your team walking around maps and working out good holding positions for when you a) Have advantage and b) have disadvantage.

Then, all you need to call is ‘Hold CP4 defensive’ and everyone knows where to go, makes life a lot easier.

Maincalling is hard and takes a lot of time and experience to become good at. Not that I ever did.

Ensure your team is willing to do what you say when you say it, even if they think it’s the stupidest thing they’ve ever heard. A bad call that is followed by 6 players has a better chance of working than a good call followed by 3.

Keep practicing and press tab a LOT!

feeling

ist doof

Quoted from Monkeh

Ensure your team is willing to do what you say when you say it, even if they think it’s the stupidest thing they’ve ever heard. A bad call that is followed by 6 players has a better chance of working than a good call followed by 3.

This is so true. Can’t emphasize this enough in my opinion. Maincalling is one thing but having 5 people really do it is the other.

Enef

fest
#wubafan

As someone who has maincalled and been a part of a team with a decent main caller my advice is this:

Unless your team are retards, don’t micromanage every little detail or question their decisions, a huge part of this game is trust. Trust that they know what they are doing or that they have a good reason for the decision they made.

*shrug* apart from that it all is pretty dependant on your team, your playstyle, your teams playstyle etc.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from Enef

As someone who has maincalled and been a part of a team with a decent main caller my advice is this:

Unless your team are retards, don’t micromanage every little detail or question their decisions, a huge part of this game is trust. Trust that they know what they are doing or that they have a good reason for the decision they made.

Expanding on this; when I main call I don’t necessarily trust that people will do the right thing, but I do trust that they will learn from mistakes. Another reason I am against micromanaging is that you’re not allowing player’s individual skill and/or knowledge to shine through. It’s a team game and I believe that each and every individual in the team should add their own “character” to your play, that is what makes you a *team* (as opposed to a group of players).
If someone’s play isn’t up to par, but could be with micromanaging, I’m still not going to do it – they will simply have to get better (and/or be replaced), although often it’s not so much a matter of skill but rather one of confidence in their own abilities, which is another thing you destroy when taking micromanagement to the extremes.

I see the main calling job as just a veto when it comes to decisions. Ideally, everyone in the team is on the same page; only in the event of exceptions you need someone to have a final say, but ultimately -in my opinion- you should work towards not needing that.

Zangetsu

4SKINGS

Quoted from Ace

http://www.reddit.com/r/truetf2/comments/1dtqs8/medic_maincaller_questions/

An AMA I did on Reddit about a year ago, not sure if it’s very relevant, but it might be of some help.

this

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »