Forum

Is there such a thing as a 'damage surfing' map?

Created 1st February 2014 @ 19:05

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

hr

What I mean is something with bots that shoot rockets/scattergun/whatever and you try and surf that damage to complete a jump (as in actual jumps like a jump map), I can’t see why it wouldn’t work but I’ve never seen such a thing, does it exist?

jx53

Quoted from hr

What I mean is something with bots that shoot rockets/scattergun/whatever and you try and surf that damage to complete a jump (as in actual jumps like a jump map), I can’t see why it wouldn’t work but I’ve never seen such a thing, does it exist?

Just rocket jump and play mge. You will learn to time your jumps with the enemy’s rockets.
No, there isn’t a map yet for it, I believe. But you can just get on jump_beef with a friend and have him shoot rockets at you.

hr

Quoted from jx53

[…]
Just rocket jump and play mge. You will learn to time your jumps with the enemy’s rockets.
No, there isn’t a map yet for it, I believe. But you can just get on jump_beef with a friend and have him shoot rockets at you.

I know how to surf pretty well, I simply thought of the idea right now and I think you could do really cool stuff with bots, you could sync them to fire multiple shots and everything so you could have a real hard jump or whatever

ash

(Legend)
:D

Just join a DM server/use pre-game to surf literally everything. :)

jx53

Quoted from hr

[…]
I know how to surf pretty well, I simply thought of the idea right now and I think you could do really cool stuff with bots, you could sync them to fire multiple shots and everything so you could have a real hard jump or whatever

These jumps are quite common on jump movies.
5:19 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZkuj0RFQWo

hr

Quoted from jx53

[…]

These jumps are quite common on jump movies.
5:19 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZkuj0RFQWo

Yeah I’ve seen all that, really cool stuff, and if you fix the firing speed of the bots it in a way makes for a different challenge without the consciousness of the shooter, I bet if anyone was to make something like this it would be pretty difficult to do so maybe I’ll never see it, a man can dream though

Ammomod MGE teaches surfing, movements, movement tracking and aim. Positioning and gamesense are the only things it can’t teach you.

Spike Himself

TC

or you could just play medic :D

hr

I just want a new style of jump map as I’ve said, I am already goodish at surfing :(

quintosh

wL.

Quoted from Peign slays dragons

Ammomod MGE teaches surfing, movements, movement tracking and aim. Positioning and gamesense are the only things it can’t teach you.

please dont surf or jump in ammomod mge

Ritalin

[d¿s]

Play jump maps as engineer. Most wrangler jumps require you to time your surfs and strafe to the end of the jump much like a medic might in 6v6. MGE if you play soldier of course.

Last edited by Ritalin,

Popcorp

try this
http://tf2.gamebanana.com/maps/120297

mttokki

Tikor

Quoted from quintosh

[…]

please dont surf or jump in ammomod mge

Please don’t hump the wall while raping your A D in ammomod mge

Last edited by mttokki,

Kaneco