Forum

A question to prem/div 1 medics

Created 2nd January 2014 @ 22:06

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 7 Next »

2nuts

I use hold m1 to heal feels like i have much more control in who i heal and i feel its easier to switch target that way

Fool

Aspie
TC.Crash

autoheal is aids, the end.

Ace

Quoted from Fool

autoheal is aids, the end.

oh, okay, I guess it’s settled then

ondkaja

IKEA

I use an inverted +attack script for my medigun. It heals when I don’t press mouse1, and stops healing if I press. Using this script in combination with the in-game autoheal too.

jx53

Quoted from ondkaja

I use an inverted +attack script for my medigun. It heals when I don’t press mouse1, and stops healing if I press. Using this script in combination with the in-game autoheal too.

thats fucking genius

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from 2nuts

I use hold m1 to heal feels like i have much more control in who i heal and i feel its easier to switch target that way

Same here since .. years. I used to use autoheal, but then I fanboyed pyyyour and he told me he preferred holding down the button :D

kos

ft.
bobs

The differences are negligible in terms of healing/uber building difference and even practicality. I don’t see why anyone would use a completely superfluous autoheal script when there’s a function for that built into the game already.

By elimination at least half of you are just pulling numbers out of your butt so give some fucking cold hard evidence if you wanna nerd out about the inner workings of the medigun. (or just realise it doesnt matter u fucking nerds omg )

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from kos

give some fucking cold hard evidence if you wanna nerd out about the inner workings of the medigun. (or just realise it doesnt matter u fucking nerds omg )

Ask skeej, he did some research ages ago

kos

ft.
bobs

Like I said it’s still negligible difference even with proper analysis
edit: misread your response and spelling

Last edited by kos,

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from kos

Like I said it’s still negligible difference even with proper analysis
edit: misread your response and spelling

That negligible difference can decide whether you die with 99% uber or win the match.

kos

ft.
bobs

Quoted from ondkaja

[…] That negligible difference can decide whether you die with 99% uber or win the match.

If you die on 99 it means you’re being a massive scrub rather than using the incorrect settings. The loss of uber percentage is mostly attributed to being disconnected from your teammates or healing buffed players, rather than the 0.05% you might lose because you aren’t using a script with autoheal and have the dexterity of jackie chan on meth.

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from kos

[…]
0.05%

SOURCE?!

kaidus

WiK?

busted by kos

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Quoted from Spike Himself

[…]

Ask skeej, he did some research ages ago

It was actually someone else who took the time and effort to get some people on a server and do some mythbusting. If I remember correctly he went medic, with 2 soldiers in front of him self damaging constantly. He healed them while switching between the 2 targets quickly. He did this with Valve (c) Autoheal and Scripted Autoheal, and the result was that Valve autoheal resulted in a faster built uber (I think it was about 2 seconds = 5% charge?). 95% or 100% can be gamechanging in some clutch situations indeed.

@kos, @kaidus, etc: When discussions go about retardedly anal details like this, there’s always people that say “who cares, go focus on more important stuff”. Yes, there is other stuff that will generally impact the game in way more significant amounts, but that doesn’t mean that every other detail doesn’t count. It doesn’t negate the fact that these details could possibly make or break very specific scenarios.

ondkaja’s solution is awesome… I never thought of that… It gives you the technical advantages of valve autoheal, but still allows you to not heal in those rare instances where you don’t want a heal target for a sec (for instance stop flashing someone who’s capping a point, but still keeping the uber on yourself)

Last edited by skeej,

AnimaL

dont question kos, he finally got to prem and can be a elitist asshole as we all as much as he wants

mkey

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 ... 3 4 5 ... 7 Next »