Forum

Soldier cl_interp ?

Created 20th August 2013 @ 21:27

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

andRe

Hey guys, could someone tell me, what’s the best cl_interp for scout and soldier nowdays ?

thanks.

LaMqTa

fenneks

I am using 0.035 and i think its really up to you, that fits you the best…

Last edited by LaMqTa,

clip

ist doof

Trying Clockwork’s interp: 0.0155 on Solly / Demo, 0.035 on the rest ;)

cassy

Laconic.

projectile .0152
hitscan .033-.08 based on your ping to the server

read the netcode shit in chris’s fps configs

basic stuff

My friend linked me to an article about how the rates work in source games (pretty sure he could explain it better though). Basically you always want the lowest possible interp for projectile classes, because projectiles are server side.
Hitscan, however, is client side so you can manipulate your interp according to connection quality. The “intended goal” is to get the meatshots you “see” on your screen, but it can be seen as a matter of preference. There are some mystical numbers thrown around like 0.033 but just pick one and get used to it. Increase if the server is bad for you.

Last edited by Schmuse,

ondkaja

IKEA

cl_interp 0

limit your interp using cl_interp_ratio

anyone who recommends anything else has no idea what he is talking about. just another one of those “i got a 4k on this interp clearly it should be at 0.026364528346526735446”

Popcorp

Low interp is the best for every class in my opinion, i noticed that i hit better with my scattergun and pistol when my interp is low, when it was high, i couldn’t hit anything, so basically you want low interp so that your shots would be accurate ( higher interp = less precise hitboxes, low interp = precise hitboxes )

Quoted from Popcorp

( higher interp = less precise hitboxes, low interp = precise hitboxes )

That is just plain wrong

Popcorp

Quoted from Solid

[…]

That is just plain wrong

well, you as a Spy main probably using a Low Interp, so that your backstabs would register most of the time, if your Interp is high, sometimes backstabs won’t register…that’s what i heard at least, some people say X interp help, others say Y interp helps and some people say it’s just a Placebo effect…

Goat

bobs

Stop trying to recommend stuff if you have no clue about the source engine
If you want an explanation, here’s the best one:
http://teamfortress.tv/forum/thread/11394-interp-lerp-other-stuff#post-8
cl_interp 0 and controlling your keep with your cl_interp_ratio

Last edited by Goat,

Caps

Quoted from Popcorp

[…]

well, you as a Spy main probably using a Low Interp, so that your backstabs would register most of the time, if your Interp is high, sometimes backstabs won’t register…that’s what i heard at least, some people say X interp help, others say Y interp helps and some people say it’s just a Placebo effect…

Well you should know that he mostly uses the Ambassador and nearly never does backstabs. Well and even if he would the knife is hitscan = will be calculated clientsided.
If you always have like a ping of 10 or sth. you could easily use a really low interp for hitscan.

Quoted from Popcorp

I have my interp on .033 because I like smooth animations. Never had a problem with my backstabs not registering. Also I’m technically a scout main now since I’m taking a season off of spy and hl.

unu

Quoted from Solid

Also I’m technically a scout main now since I’m taking a season off of spy and hl.

rip

Quoted from unu

rip

Rip.

Also @everyone who says that he should change his interp via the interp_ratio: That’s absolutely correct but sadly etf2l has it’s value restricted to 1. (atleast to my knowledge)

Last edited by Solid,

Goat

bobs

Quoted from Solid

but sadly etf2l has it’s value restricted to 1. (atleast to my knowledge)

That would be new to me, just read the link I posted earlier and I hope you will understand it.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »