Forum

General soldier tips

Created 26th May 2013 @ 00:28

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3

Pirateer

Quoted from Sheepsi

well just shoot floor.. thats what its all about bro
umm if snyp gave some general tips so I will give the best tip you can get..
I see a lot of new players are just deaf, so the biggest tip is to increase your fucking sound! Sound in TF2 is a big thing and being able to define sounds (rocket jumps, spy decloaks) is a big part of the game! I see a lot of new players to tf2 just playing without sound or they cant define sounds.. use headphones, it will help you realizing where the sound came from and where you should quickly aim to.
GL

I’ve got pretty high quality sennheisers so i’m pretty well set up in the sound dept.
Process mid health steal is interesting, as is keeping 1 rocket reloaded which I can’t seem to do – thanks for tips

Forsak3n

S

You should feel ya soldier, you should be a soldier

rviens

Quoted from Sideshow

DM will help more than MGE for ingame scenarios.

Another thing I would like to highlight is to really appreciate the value of space and distractions in this game. You can make a jump as soldier and do no damage but still be incredibly effective if you buy space for your team to get a better position, or distract the team and buy time/take focus away from your team. This requires good comms and a clear follow-up from your team, but it’s something that I just didn’t think about enough until recently so I guess others don’t as well. With gunboats especially you can just cause so much distraction to buy your team more heals and space.

Learn to rocketjump properly as well, one of the main differences you can see immediately between lower and higher div players is the quality of their movement. If you can learn to dodge and use your RJing effectively to get out of situations then it will make a huge difference to your game. Again, equalizer and gunboats are a great asset, but just playing RJ maps or jumping around maps until you’re comfortable stringing rocket jumps together and knowing how to get out of a bad situation alive is great.

You keep telling yourself that, Josh

Sheepsi

SOAS

Quoted from SorroW

[…]
hh ata mamash sahkan vatik prem ah? :D

lo pashut meharfen oti le sahek mul kol miney Hektorim ve Phoenixim be MGE ve em afile lo shomim she ani ose rocket jump behind them..

Trath

Quoted from Sheepsi

[…]
lo pashut meharfen oti le sahek mul kol miney Hektorim ve Phoenixim be MGE ve em afile lo shomim she ani ose rocket jump behind them..

Sim elef zayin al asaf ha nithan ha ze hu pashut yashav al kise be zman she hu rasham et ze.
Ata bahur tov!

Roque

brz
[hePPa]

Why is my Internet in polish?

Quoted from Roque

Why is my Internet in polish?

svins

alus
P.O.P

As a soldier you want to improve the shotgun skill so you can beast your opponents and then tell your teammates how you beasted this foolish wannabe with your sick shotgun 6/6.

SIT DOWN HOOKER!!!

SorroW

iveR
VDOH

Quoted from Trath

[…]

Sim elef zayin al asaf ha nithan ha ze hu pashut yashav al kise be zman she hu rasham et ze.
Ata bahur tov!

Ata yodea she gam im ata kotev be otiot gdolot ze adain lo nahon ma sheata kotev ki ze be anglit ivrit nahon?
Stom tape shelha ya hatihat mithangel gamad ashkenazi masriah

Spike Himself

TC

Keep it English please.

SorroW

iveR
VDOH

Quoted from Spike Himself

Keep it English please.

soz

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3