Forum

This is kind of off topic but div2 teams..

Created 19th May 2013 @ 22:32

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3

Monkeh

.:ne:.
.:ne:.

Quoted from Hallow

also lol @ limp saying monkeh should kick everyone.

Consider this a warning Hallow… Won’t be long and you’ll all fall under the kick hammer.

Oh wait, I’m not even a deputy never mind a team leader..well then, I’ll ask zen to do it for me, kick you all and himself.

MU-AHH-HAAA-HAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrr………..

:D

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Quoted from dauk

For me personally this was always the biggest problem with TF2 community. Back when I was an active player there was no other way I could try to improve besides playing clan practices with my team, hell at least I had a team.
Even during pcws that usually took like 3-4 hours in total, of which 1 + hour was waiting for everyone to get ready and then only playing one map out of 2 since the delay. And that was it, 3 maps per day was all I could get to improve my game.
All my other alternatives were:
-DM or MGE servers, not so good for demo.
-Late night doublemixes, not so good for anyone who has some real life responsibilities and can’t stay till 4 in the morning, plus there was more screwing around than actual playing.
-Pickups, open pickups were nothing to do due skill difference and I felt like learning more bad habits than actually improving.
And then there were pug2, the pug that was starving on players, yet it was nearly impossible to get a temporary invite because it was run by a person that either could not put aside his feelings when it comes to leadership or just didn’t bother. I mean seriously legit players could not enter it because they were div 3 one year ago or ran into sticky trap and yet every female regardless of her skill could get a free pass.
It is very difficult for players that don’t have a good team, and don’t wanna participate in ass kissing and circle jerking, for those players that just want to play game and be better at it.
And here where etf2l is right now, same old players form same teams with different names each season since nobody can challenge them, many teams just have to outlive others to get into higher divisions.

dauk come back to tf2, i miss you

promise i will get you a pu2 invite <3

Your post is partially true though… i'd say its 50/50, yes there is a lot of "old boys network" and circlejerking going on, but true talent is always recognized and you always see teams and individuals go up the ranks if they really want it and have it in them. Being cynical about the situation will only be counterproductive of course. Nobody has ever stopped anyone from taking matters into their own hands either; everyone is free to start their own team and recruit upcoming players… I basically started out with my self-made div3 team and took it to div1 with you. And you have that experience too if I'm correct, with MG.

Also I think MGE does help for demo… For your positional play and decisionmaking you should just play good pcws and watch your own demos and watch demos of other demos, yo dawg i herd u liek demos so i put a demo of a demo in ur demo folder omg i only slept 4 hours leave me alone

This feels like a Pennyfarming thread. #Pennyfarming E-Sports.

Dendocror

idd.
~MOE~

I disagree about the circlejerking aspect. The only circlejerks in the lower divs are mostly bad anyway. The biggest circlejerk that exists is prem itself.

I agree with Skeej though, talent is always recognised. If you at least catch the attention of someone in a higher div then you might stand a chance. But I think you’ve gone the complete WRONG way about it when posting on the forums.

Good luck, either way.

Vlijm

UbeR |

Im in the wrong div

divs?

lexs

BeachBoys
vier

Quoted from Enef

[…]

If you find that everyone else is hard to get along with and you are the only one that is ok, maybe the problem isn’t with everyone else.

I should rephrase: those people WITHOUT A TEAM are fucking hard to find

atomic-

Quoted from dauk

For me personally this was always the biggest problem with TF2 community. Back when I was an active player there was no other way I could try to improve besides playing clan practices with my team, hell at least I had a team.
Even during pcws that usually took like 3-4 hours in total, of which 1 + hour was waiting for everyone to get ready and then only playing one map out of 2 since the delay. And that was it, 3 maps per day was all I could get to improve my game.
-Late night doublemixes, not so good for anyone who has some real life responsibilities and can’t stay till 4 in the morning, plus there was more screwing around than actual playing.
-Pickups, open pickups were nothing to do due skill difference and I felt like learning more bad habits than actually improving.
And then there were pug2, the pug that was starving on players, yet it was nearly impossible to get a temporary invite because it was run by a person that either could not put aside his feelings when it comes to leadership or just didn’t bother. I mean seriously legit players could not enter it because they were div 3 one year ago or ran into sticky trap and yet every female regardless of her skill could get a free pass.
It is very difficult for players that don’t have a good team, and don’t wanna participate in ass kissing and circle jerking, for those players that just want to play game and be better at it.
And here where etf2l is right now, same old players form same teams with different names each season since nobody can challenge them, many teams just have to outlive others to get into higher divisions.

+10000000000000000000000000000

MIndYe

[hePPa]

Quoted from skeej

[…]

dauk come back to tf2, i miss you

promise i will get you a pu2 invite <3

Your post is partially true though… i'd say its 50/50, yes there is a lot of "old boys network" and circlejerking going on, but true talent is always recognized and you always see teams and individuals go up the ranks if they really want it and have it in them. Being cynical about the situation will only be counterproductive of course. Nobody has ever stopped anyone from taking matters into their own hands either; everyone is free to start their own team and recruit upcoming players… I basically started out with my self-made div3 team and took it to div1 with you. And you have that experience too if I'm correct, with MG.

Also I think MGE does help for demo… For your positional play and decisionmaking you should just play good pcws and watch your own demos and watch demos of other demos, yo dawg i herd u liek demos so i put a demo of a demo in ur demo folder omg i only slept 4 hours leave me alone

Just be finnish, that’ll get you on pu2. Atleast that got me there.

FAINTAYDAYDAYDAYDAYD

Quoted from Vlijm

Im in the wrong div

divs?

Get back in div 6 you

svins

alus
P.O.P

I think chiakii is very talanted. Great aim and decent hats!

Add me, raiku, I sometimes make div5 mixes. You`ll learn a lot.

cmd

(ETF2L Donator)
LEGO

Quoted from Monkeh

[…]

Consider this a warning Hallow… Won’t be long and you’ll all fall under the kick hammer.

Oh wait, I’m not even a deputy never mind a team leader..well then, I’ll ask zen to do it for me, kick you all and himself.

MU-AHH-HAAA-HAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrrrr………..

:D

Nooooooooo, but you haven’t even carried me to div 2 yet :(((((((((((((((((

Quoted from dauk

This is the most truthful comment I have read so far on this forums.

Last edited by Reservoir Dog,

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

I don’t get where this idea has come from that it is difficult to move up divisions. If you are genuinely good, and not a dickface that nobody wants to play with, you will move up. You don’t need to play more than 2 hours a day to improve…

Play your pcws, focus on getting good. Think about what you’re doing in game. Review your demos, review other people’s demos (both better and worse), analyse the game. Ask to merc for other teams if you want higher experience or want to get noticed. And if you’re really that bothered about improving and you think your team is holding you back, trial for other teams who are looking.
Pu2 will not make you amazing at the game, and it probably won’t get you noticed either, but it’s actually really simple to get an invite. Just ask.

Vlijm

UbeR |

Quoted from Sideshow

Watch 200 demos a day

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3