Forum

Offering mentoring: m4tu

Created 4th February 2013 @ 13:53

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 6 Next »

C

cp_

Why would you even put skill level on a guy offering help?… That is just lame, if he can help players let him.. I do not see a reason to start discussing skill nor can i see a reason to mention it at first.

Anyway great your helping I hope you find someone which can have great joy of your mentoring.

Skyride

DUCS

Thing is, if he’s awful at TF2 he’s not really “helping” is he? Sure any random person that’s played 6v6 for a few months can show the ropes to someone who’s never played it, but there’s a big difference between that and someone in a team that are scraping their way into div4 on a good day offering to mentor lower level players.

cmd

(ETF2L Donator)
LEGO

Quoted from Skyride

Thing is, if he’s awful at TF2 he’s not really “helping” is he? Sure any random person that’s played 6v6 for a few months can show the ropes to someone who’s never played it, but there’s a big difference between that and someone in a team that are scraping their way into div4 on a good day offering to mentor lower level players.

Well sure, on paper that sounds logical. But in this particular case, in my experience with m4tu and from stuff I’ve heard from other players between us he should be sufficiently good enough at tf2 to mentor div5.
then again I shouldn’t even mentor lobby players so what the fuck do I know

Last edited by cmd,

Koala

The fuck? Guy is just trying to help, fuck off, dicks.
Good luck.

Last edited by Koala,

m4tu

Quoted from Skyride

I have played this game for 3 years, I think I kno how the game works

ash

(Legend)
:D

Quoted from m4tu

[…]

Stand on capture points, win games.

ilike2spin

RLM

Quoted from m4tu

[…]

You should avoid comments like these which serve to make you look both arrogant and stupid since you counter being told you are a bad player by saying you’ve spent 3 years unable to become a good player.

Playing for a long time doesn’t make you capable of mentoring, and is unlikely to help your cause here.

m4tu

Quoted from ilike2spin

[…]

You should avoid comments like these which serve to make you look both arrogant and stupid since you counter being told you are a bad player by saying you’ve spent 3 years unable to become a good player.

Playing for a long time doesn’t make you capable of mentoring, and is unlikely to help your cause here.

Well n 3 years you learn how the game works. Reason why I am still mid skill is because I don’t put that much time into tf2 to be higher div. Also I have switched class few times which made me go back in divs.

ash

(Legend)

You’re saying your shit, for whatever reason.

quintosh

wL.

Quoted from ash

You’re saying your shit, for whatever reason.

when did he mention his shit?

ash

(Legend)

Quoted from m4tu

[…]

Well n 3 years you learn how the game works. Reason why I am still shit is because I don’t put that much time into tf2 to be higher div. Also I have switched class few times which made me go back in divs.

I replaced two words there.

C

cp_

Quoted from Skyride

Well as long as he knows his boundries I do not see a problem. I personally have only helped people get into 6’s.. And few who asked me to go through demoes at highest div 5 level.

But again, the limit is only set by himself. If he have knowlegde about the game and fails with fullfilling it himself he can still learn other how it is supposed to be like.

I am sure that he does have knowledge about the game and as long as he does not wander to far into high div mentoring I do not see a problem.

-Again good luck m4tu, I do not hope people who actually would have taken the offer of your help has been scared away..

TviQ

ft.

and how many times have you changed your nick and account so noone would reconigze you moony? that is quite funny :)

Trane

Quoted from C

I am sure that he does have knowledge about the game and as long as he does not wander to far into high div mentoring I do not see a problem.

Do you think higher teams would let this guy ‘wander into’ mentoring them, with all his ‘experience’?

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from m4tu

Reason why I am still mid skill is because I don’t put that much time into tf2 to be higher div

Sorry but that’s bull. I don’t know anyone as obsessed with their own skill level as you.

You came to me and my team roughly over 2 years ago, pretending to be a new player, saying you had this amazing mentor who taught you so much that you were at a div 4 level already (your exact words were “I know all the different div 4 tactics, ask me about any of them”). Later you spilt the beans and revealed your previous, then over 2 years old, account. You told me you made a new account because you had become known as a troll and generally having a bad image on your old account (and you made a new one to do exactly the same, it seems).

While you were in my team it quickly became obvious that you prefer to spend every game whining and moaning about how bad your aim is and how bad a day you’d been having. Yet at the same time you would act oh so tough about how your new mentor was teaching you so many new things, yet you never improved.

You’re the typical internet tough guy, but you start crying like a 7 year old the moment someone calls you Russian.

You have strong DM, and you have had strong DM since the first time we met (which is probably why you overrate yourself by so much), but you are not a team player, you are not a clever player, and, as such, you are not capable of mentoring.

In a post earlier you said I’m only saying these things because apparently I hate you – this is not true, I don’t hate anyone, it’s not an emotion I devote to many people, especially not online.
The one and only reason that I am posting this, is because I love TF2, I love the TF2 community, and I love seeing new people join in and become good. You are a direct counter to all three of these, were you to “mentor” anyone.

Last edited by Spike Himself,

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 ... 6 Next »