Forum

Second Lethal-Zone MGE Server

Created 25th April 2012 @ 15:40

Add A Reply Pages: 1

Killvion

.lp
[rub!X]

Hello,

In order to support the competitive side of TF2 with enough training grounds, Lethal-Zone has opened a second MGE server for you to practise on!
To our delight we noticed that our first MGE server was filled up throughout the day, so to make sure everybody can still practice and enjoy the mod, we’ve set up:

[EU] Lethal-Zone.eu TF2 MGE 24/7 #2
connect 46.4.99.5:32015

Of course our first MGE server is also still fully available.
Find it at: 78.46.73.57:32015

Add it to your favourites and play whenever you feel like it.

Hope to see you on the servers!

Regards,

The Lethal-Zone Staff

MightyMe

UbeR |

Hello Killvion,

I have always enjoyed playing on Lethal Zone MGE servers for a long time.
Mostly because there were always some good oponoments to fight against, but also because of the server quality itself.

However since the last month or so, I really started to dislike the server itself.
I notice when it is being up for a while the jump + crouch glitch gets worse and worse, and even now on the first server players are just sliding on the ground and players get to look very jittery.

A other MGE server that I really liked was IDK MGE Server, even though nobody played on it, it was still the best in my eyes.
Why?
Good hitreg, good ping and good config.

The main reason why it was such great experience to play on it, was because it was changing level every 90 minutes ( just reloading the same map ) and restarting the server every day on 4:00 AM.

I hope you will do the same, so I can enjoy playing on your MGE server more.

Cheers

MightyMe

UbeR |

TL;DR: Changelevel every 90 minutes, reboot server every day @ 4.00 AM and your server will be much better

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

I noticed today that the server was unplayable, I’ve been playing on it for ages now and it’s normally pretty decent, but recently it’s been awful.

Jorman

EPA

Thanks for 2nd server! Hope it runs better than the 1st ;p

Killvion

.lp
[rub!X]

The server already gets rebooted every night. I believe we chose 5 in the morning instead of 4. I’ll make sure to pop up the idea of the 90 min change level. Thanks for the input!

kaishi

Jorman

EPA

Quoted from Killvion

The server already gets rebooted every night. I believe we chose 5 in the morning instead of 4. I’ll make sure to pop up the idea of the 90 min change level. Thanks for the input!

Great!

snelvuur

At some point the server had a issue with some settings which where globally installed, those are removed now. Also since we use SMAC one of the plugins changed a default value which could case “jittering” on fast connections. This is also removed now.

Further more, a changelevel doesn’t have a great impact. The most important part is to restart each day (before 3 days) all part of timing, for a good read:

http://www.bailopan.net/blog/?p=29

I maintain the servers for LZ, if there is any need or feel that there is something wrong you can always find me on Quakenet (As snelvuur ofcourse) if for some reason our /calladmin functions dont work.

We added both servers to the statistics now too at http://mge.lethal-zone.eu

Last edited by snelvuur,

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

Yeah it’s perfectly alright now thanks.

nTraum

\V/ Gold
LAME

The server became unplayable again for at least 2 weeks. It’s incredibly laggy, even when your ping is nice.

nfst

wai?

Good god, yes. The serverside lag and freezes are becoming a bit too regular now.

Rokstanski

server fine now, only annoying duck jump thing

Add A Reply Pages: 1