Forum

How to counter snipers?

Created 21st April 2012 @ 22:44

Add A Reply Pages: 1

ondkaja

IKEA

Hi,

Someone in my team claims that you should randomly jump and crouch to avoid getting shot by sniper. I on the other hand claims that the best way to counter being shot is by randomly strafing, especially on ramps.

So I ask you, what is the best way avoiding getting shot by sniper if you’re caught out of position? Although general tips on anti-sniper strategies are also welcome.

This is his profile, btw: http://etf2l.org/forum/user/48502/

Ajsh

[MvP]
Dzi

Apparently you didn’t understand what I meant. Ofc i didn’t mean that you should stand in one place and just jump and crouch…

howdeh

Perilous
WUL

Depends on the map…

However, running a sniper means that they are trading another class, you should use that to your advantage. Such as badlands, pushing against a sniper on the balcony should be done via the 2nd resupply where he has a lot less of an advantage, plus its more than likely that you’ll be able to flank their entire team much easier, or even pick a lone scout pretty fast.

Pushing last is different on badlands for example, if hes bottom then you wan’t to push top, and vice versa, remember to uber earlier and make sure you get the frags on the flank, this will force the sniper to swap class or die.

These are just my personal experience, pressuring a sniper is also really effective if you do it correctly, good snipers will play sneaky and well positioned so sometimes there just isn’t a way of countering, the whole idea of running sniper is to gain an advantage for your team when in stalemate or clutch situations.

Edit: Any good sniper will hit you, random movements may help but its not advised, going head on against a sniper who has the advantage isn’t always the best idea… If worst comes to worst, just shoot them from long range (if you’re demo you’re screwed) with shotgun/needles and pressure them.

Last edited by howdeh,

Kvux

/./
LEGO

Howdeh pretty much said it. But as a sniper fanatic I’ve seen many attempts to make me miss
Jumping and crouching is what I always tell the medic to do if I spot a sniper. This helps sometimes and sometimes not. It’s really up to the opposing sniper, if he’s a good sniper then trying to avoid is almost useless. But on the other hand if he’s not that good, it’ll help.
I dont suggest strafing back and forth. The sniper would place the marker and wait for you to walk into it or just aim and shoot.
As said, it’s really up to the sniper. But I’d say you should atleast have 1 scout or sniper focusing the sniper, so he wont get no picks.
Just the pressure from a scout is enough sometimes, but it’s not a sure thing.
Anyways, get a sick sniper on your team and make him shoot him. That’s the easiest way :p

konr

Quoted from howdeh

if hes bottom then you wan’t to push top, and vice versa

I sometimes sit in the left spawn door and watch main from top, and can also watch top right for someone that isn’t ubered for a second until I switch back to scout. Bare in mind that if you walk straight into main it’s very easy for the sniper to get a pick before you push.

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

If you run into a sniper sightline, don’t have predictable movement.

doks

dont change your gameplay/strats.
if you start to change up your intended gameplay you have already lost. do what ever you planned to do and if there is a sniper dont start to panic just roll with it.
Of course if the sniper is called early – use flanks as much as possible

pr3d

Quoted from Hildreth

If you run into a sniper sightline, don’t have predictable movement.

evokje

WiK?

If you see a sniper and your out of positiont look down and face him with your back also start spining randomly :DDD always helps

atomic-

just get a good sniper in your team so he can snipe 24/7 and protect your ass
kick useless scouts who can’t snipe properly :x

Add A Reply Pages: 1