Forum

Viewmodel or no viewmodel. That's the question.

Created 11th April 2012 @ 13:46

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Squirry

nNT ≠

Hello guys :]
I’m actually in div5 as scout, after folding one team promoted to div4 so, atm I’m looking forward to get in team div4 to give me a try. The people who knows how I am, says that I’m quick learner, but only lack in criticism, not giving or receiving criticism, is just…I piss off myself self-criticising all the fucking time, then I lost all my self confidence, and I don’t feel secure when I’m playing, with help of high skilled players of TF2 I’m trying to overcome.

But, in the past, I used to play with model like all people, but when I went div5, I just turned it off, thinking that gonna be better for me, so yeah I stayed with viewmodel off , with very bad aim, because I can not trace, just when i feel in danger, just I flick, like nervous tick, but I can’t control it, and that destroy my aim + movement, and then I’m fucking easy target.

So just i have the idea to turn the model on, to see the differences, because i thought that maybe with model I can control my flicks and aim better, so yeah I turned it on five days ago, and atm I feel very very comfortable with my play, and now I think, I can show the people that I’m training all the fucking time to improve my dm and 1v1, so…I just atm I am with viewmodel, but I cannot get one thing out of my mind, and that’s is…maybe I’m doing that bad, and maybe the most recommendable is just to turn models off, and play…but atm I feel comfortable, the only problem is I have the feeling that I see less things in the game due ragdolls and that particles…

So, what u think guys, maybe I should turn it down and play although my aim is totally bad because i cannot stop flicking, or just stay with model and own all players?

PD: Also with model, I think I can move myself better, but should be like when i have model, I don’t have enough contrl in my movement, or smth.
PD2: Sorry for the grammar errors, but I’m writing while I’m thinking it, so yeah, don’t have enough time to correct that, but gonna fix it as soon as I see the errors..

Cheerz~

atomic-

bullshit

MIndYe

[hePPa]

What the fuck did I just read?

Model on/off is preference.

You improving fast, good for you!

lgl

i play ql with viewmodels off but cant play tf2 with them turned off :D feels wierd

nTraum

\V/ Gold
LAME

default everything SHINTAZ STYLE

akarin

rofl

almightybob

.ps

I use broesel’s crosshair switcher to have viewmodels on/off for specific weapons. So for most classes I have primary viewmodels off, secondary on and melee on. For pyro I have primary on, because I can’t see the flames without it, and for demo I have secondary off too.

ondkaja

IKEA

Quoted from almightybob

I use broesel’s crosshair switcher to have viewmodels on/off for specific weapons. So for most classes I have primary viewmodels off, secondary on and melee on. For pyro I have primary on, because I can’t see the flames without it, and for demo I have secondary off too.

Use off_with_muzzleflash in the viewmodel setting. The weapon itself will be hidden but the flames will be visible. Same with medic’s syringe gun.

TWEEKARN\

ez-sports.ru

tl;dr: no viewmodel means div 1, guys!

TviQ

ft.

Quoted from TWEEKARN\

tl;dr: no viewmodel means div 1, guys!

How about no? I play with MADBRO?!

nice wall of text, USEFUL INFORMATIONS THERE

TWEEKARN\

ez-sports.ru

Quoted from TviQ

[…]
How about no? I play with MADBRO?!

!!!!

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from TviQ

I play with MADBRO

Who’s that?

doks

i think i lost some braincells reading that.

There are people who play with vm on and people who play with vm off.. and then there is the alternative to have some weapons with vm on and some with vm off.. like scatter off pistol and bat on.

An old friend of mine used to switch between on/off every two weeks.. he said after a while he “lost” his aim. And changing back to on or off helped.

Just find whatever works best for you.

Also – what possibly could you “lose” from the screen as a scout ?

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from doks

An old friend of mine used to switch between on/off every two weeks.. he said after a while he “lost” his aim. And changing back to on or off helped.

Same; I play better after I turned viewmodels back on if they’ve been off for a while, and vice versa. The same applies to using different crosshairs for me. Not sure why though.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »