Forum

Need help becoming a better sniper in the competitive scene

Created 8th April 2012 @ 23:03

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »

Maniac

Howdy,
So i’ve started sniping in highlander, division 4 :3, and whilst in pubs i can usually dominate any other sniper, i’m now being completely owned in the competetive scene :P and i want that to change! So does anyone know of anyways to help improve my aim? I’ve been playing for a long time, so my sensitivity is perfect for me so no need to suggest changing that.

All i’m really trying to say is, does anyone know of any sniper MGEs or something, to help me improve my aim through practise? (though shortcuts are always welcome :D)

atomic-

use huntsman

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

You can play sniper in mge, but I don’t think it’ll help really. You could try DM or something but it won’t help with snipervsniper.

wait for the other guy to scope first -> dodge shot -> headshot him while his reload/unscoping animation is happening or he’s doing something retarded like jumping.

Dr-GimpfeN

9g1c

Quoted from Tommy Testosterone

wait for the other guy to scope first -> dodge shot -> headshot him while his reload/unscoping animation is happening or he’s doing something retarded like jumping.

what if he is dodging my shots?

Maniac

trouble with waiting for them to shoot first, is that i die :P

Spike Himself

TC

Focus on playing smart instead. If other snipers sit you down, it means they knew where you were.

TviQ

ft.

Quoted from Spike Himself

Focus on playing smart instead. If other snipers sit you down, it means they knew where you were.

Or just generally better than you EVERYTHING IS NOT ALWAYS ABOUT ZHE BRAIN

Bonkers

you could always try scoping, instantly unscoping as they should scope in, then move out of the way scope in for an easy headshot. <- if i made any sense at all

Sideshow

(ETF2L Donator)
ft.
WiK?

Quoted from TviQ

[…]
Or just generally better than you EVERYTHING IS NOT ALWAYS ABOUT ZHE BRAIN

Don’t listen to this guy, he’s known as the worst sniper eu.

envy

Who said snipers deserve a headshot? Get a full charge and shoot a leg.

Blooddrunk

Nein

Just focus the head with your crosshair when youre unscoped and then scope and shoot? Works fine for me…

hawku

AYO

Use a smaller, less distracting crosshair. Reduce your zoom_sensitivity ratio to about 0.8/0.7 or whatever feels comfortable. Then practice on a local server. The lag compensation on most DM servers is horrific.

Сергей

Sniper in MGE isn’t that good at all, it’s mostly who’ll zoom in the first, would suggest playing more highlander matches, pubs with sniper.

caned

MEAT
LEGO

to become better you need to shoot the sniper

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 3 Next »