Created 30th October 2011 @ 21:01

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2

TightPussy

Ups :)

TightPussy

-.-

dodgydogman

Panda

Derp, watch other people play, note where the teams hold, and esp where the med is.

Apart from uber timing etc, medic really boils down to being in the right place at the right time.

You dont need a mentor, just work out where to be and make sure you are there.

Quoted from dodgydogman

Derp, watch other people play, note where the teams hold, and esp where the med is.

Apart from uber timing etc, medic really boils down to being in the right place at the right time.

You dont need a mentor, just work out where to be and make sure you are there.

Great advice from an experienced medic here…

Oh wait it’s dodgy :D

How about you ask a medic who’s been around for time what helped them improve; by no means try to be just like them but they can certainly give you valuable feedback and advice.

As for the usefulness of a mentor, I’d say they are priceless for a new player in terms of developmental acceleration if paired with keenness and eagerness to learn

Last edited by Chaplain,

Spike Himself

TC

What Chaplain said. “Just be where you need to be” is a bit too black and white and I don’t see how that would help anyone. Especially so if you’re going to be main calling as medic – in which case you’re the one deciding who is where and when, to an extent.

At any rate, a more experienced medic will always be able to give some “tips and tricks” that otherwise only experience could teach you.

Fish

UCAP.

Medic is about how good the team work around you.

be clear in what your doing so the team can reflect it there is other tips and such that can be given.

A mentor is a great thing for ANYONE to have who is new or wants some tips. One small tip could lead to something more and take you the next step.

Spike is a solid medic to start with have seen him play has some good positions and such so is a good guy to start with

dodgydogman

Panda

Quoted from TightPussy

Only watching other teams games doesn’t help, i really need help with tactics and postions and generel tips and tricks.

I was addressing the positioning part :( (you’re all just jelly of my panda avatar).

Heres how I think teams should start in regard to position. They need to go through the maps, at each point, make sure everyone knows where to hold in at least the two situations: player/uber disadvantage and advantage.

Then dedicate at least one person to calling these advatages. When you have these two things down it becomes easy to pick out any people who are not in position/listening to calls.

Maybe shouldnt have said “derp” as that was unnecessary. I just dont like people bumping I threads loads.

Last edited by dodgydogman,

TightPussy

Didn´t “bump” it, were writing the post with my IPhone, thought it doesnt work , so I pushed the button twice :)

lolage

TSPAG

Why do you want to keep bumping it? Spike has already offered to mentor you – just grab his offer with both hands and work on you’re medicing with him?

Si^

T2P
[PG]

Quoted from lolage

Why do you want to keep bumping it? Spike has already offered to mentor you – just grab his offer with both hands and work on you’re medicing with him?

clearly their favourite dragon hasn’t made an offer.

So on that note.

I’m out.

Hosain H

Royal`

I know a good medic. He can strafe and heal and right click when he has ubers.

He would not be interested in mentoring you.

And so i’m also out.

Taimou

http://www.youtube.com/user/Taimouu and Byte:s channel is useful too.

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2