Forum

TF2 Mentoring Stream - How to join 6v6 - Interest?

Created 8th September 2011 @ 11:59

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

atmo

I guess it depends on the resolution you’d be recording at. If you were recording 1080P and streaming at 720P then the demoui box would probably be pretty small.

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from d2m

As much as I love you Pledge, I really don’t see this as a viable investment of your time and money in the long-term.

Your passion for TF2 is admirable and you’ve always told me that you’ll play TF2 until you die or lose your virginity, but still – I genuinely don’t believe that you can come up with enough interesting content for 300+ shows/days in a year.

It’ll be fun for the first month or two, but over time it will drain you physically, emotionally and financially. I don’t want to see a friend of mine suffer through that.

Now a weekly show, with your favourite d2m as a guest…. :D

^ this

I love you Pledge, but this man speaks the truth. :(

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

Day[9] was pro at StarCraft, you lost to to LTG at i43 :D

atmo

Well I guess the idea is to spread it enough that it’s not too exhausting and to get plenty of help.

Tornf4lk

cc//

I think this is a great idea. but daily might be not only too much to watch but also perhaps very tiring on you. Your Idea sounds really great and I would watch it as much as I could, but I think weekly would work the best :).

Martn

Quoted from atmo

I guess it depends on the resolution you’d be recording at. If you were recording 1080P and streaming at 720P then the demoui box would probably be pretty small.

Side effect: people viewing the stream can’t read shit because of the scaling.

skeej

(ETF2L Donator)
UbeR |
Fe |

Quoted from Admirable

Ouch ouch :D

Seriously, why the hate guys, why would this be a bad idea? It can be awesome! Just don’t do it daily… And a channel that literally does what the topic title says would be cool. A real introductory channel for pub players to 6v6.

There’s actually not really anything decent out that basically says: “Hey you! You like TF2? You feel like those pubbers are too noob for you? Try competitive… It’s 6v6blablalba” etc. Most of the stuff out there is meant for people who are already aware of 6v6 and have an idea of the workings of it. The only video I can think of is extv’s 6v6 video but it mostly goes into details of basic TF2 that pub players should already know.

Yeah sure there’s text guides etc around, but having like a youtube channel which can quickly grow in popularity can surely interest more players to join the 6v6 madness. Also it would be a nice platform to plug all the different stuff that’s going on right now, like the NE mixes, vitaL’s mumblecasting, people like Qun having their own class-related channels. We need sort of like a “video portal” for that stuff, and your idea could fill that gap Pledge… Just my 5 eurocents :D

You could get someone like luckyluke on your team to do slick presentation video’s of what you’re talking about. Just looking at someone flying around in stv freecam gets a bit boring. Obviously in later episodes you can delve into details, and start discussing matches and strats etc… But it would be really nice to have that idea of a nice entry to compet tf2 in the form of a youtube channel.

Zebbosai

Sounds good :)

IPZIE

SUAVE

-nvm-

Hildreth

Bully
Pander

Quoted from Admirable

That is pretty embarrassing to be fair.

WARHURYEAH

GlueEater

Quoted from Admirable

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

That is a buuuuuuuuuurn!

IPZIE

SUAVE

i would like to see badmirable play some 6vs6 again and stream that. Would be an insight and i think i could learn alot from what ive heared :) pls pls pls

kaidus

WiK?

You are strongly advising an admitted virgin gamer not to upgrade his PC because he won’t make money from it.

Take a moment.

Admirable

(Toucan Ambassador)

:D

I got nothin’ love for mah boy Pledge!
I support this endeavour and will assist in anyway possible ^___^

kaidus

WiK?

Quoted from Admirable

:D

I got nothin’ love for mah boy Pledge!
I support this endeavour and will assist in anyway possible ^___^