Forum

TF2 Mentoring Stream - How to join 6v6 - Interest?

Created 8th September 2011 @ 11:59

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »

atmo

What about Admirable’s noob academy idea? If you streamed/recorded something like that then it would help build things from the ground up for plenty of people.

I enjoy watching QunTV, but because I suck, the things that happen don’t really apply to me and so they’re hard to learn from as well as emulate.

d2m

vertex »
derptex9

As much as I love you Pledge, I really don’t see this as a viable investment of your time and money in the long-term.

Your passion for TF2 is admirable and you’ve always told me that you’ll play TF2 until you die or lose your virginity, but still – I genuinely don’t believe that you can come up with enough interesting content for 300+ shows/days in a year.

It’ll be fun for the first month or two, but over time it will drain you physically, emotionally and financially. I don’t want to see a friend of mine suffer through that.

Now a weekly show, with your favourite d2m as a guest…. :D

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

I don’t think he actually meant a daily program when he mentioned the Day9 dailies, but more like content-wise. A sort of a podcast with video to illustrate things and some humor.

If you make it with really basic content you might get a following from public players, but anyone who has played 6v6 for a while probably won’t benefit a lot beside on a couple of topics you could talk about. Would be nice to see it happen, but I don’t really see it getting a big enough following in the end.

You could also try it with just the internet connection, and play tf2 on lower graphics and a lower bitrate/framerate to see if people enjoy it. In the end you don’t lose much from paying for a proper internet connection for a month or two if it doesn’t really work out.

Vince

BiG

I once thought about something like that.

Then I remembered that I don’t have the motivation to pull something like that off, nor can I entertain like Day9 does, nor do I understand the game. I’m not even good at talking.

The content you could do is enough. So content wise, you can do one (or a few) introductionary episodes. Then you can cover every point on every map in a seperate show, when you show a few example demos you could fill an episode. So thats 5*3=15. With gravel pit that would be 18. Then you can cover the classes (at least 9 episodes, although scout/solly/demo/medic warrant more than one episode, engie probably less :D), invite guests at the top of their classes, have a cast or 2 on kritz, then there are user submitted demos that you could analyze, etc.

If you do it weekly, you will at least have content for a year.

Rake

Lutunen
[hePPa]

Demo analyzation is indeed something you can do infinitely pretty much. I didn’t actually even think about that. Could also do funday mondays with something retarded like a full-time pyro or something.

Ritalin

[d¿s]

“I would like to close the gap between public and competitive communities”

The ETF2L community in general are already quite involved in different pub networks. I think that if you posted this question on the Steam forums or on Reddit, perhaps you’d get a more positive response there from curious pub players willing to improve.

As far as content goes, it could be a good idea to show videos of “intermediate” or “advanced” techniques that will firstly (and most /importantly/) be USEFUL to pub community players, and be relevant to 6v6 or 9v9 in some way. For example, you could have a guest such as Ironhawk or something to talk about different rocket jumping techniques that could easily help pub players have an edge over their fellow servermates. It’s REALLY important (in my opinion) to not only focus on 6v6, as some pub players just simply aren’t interested, or find that they don’t have enough time to commit to regular team play.

Another few quick ideas: “working with your Medic”, “getting to the mid-fight”, “regulating your health on the field as Soldier” and even “Sniper 101 with konr and beavern” (:D jk jk <3)

These might be stupid ideas, but yeah.

I think from a pub players perspective, 9v9 looks like a lot more promising way of getting into competitive TF2. There's plenty of detail to go into here, I would think. Players might get hooked in to comp by the idea of communicating with their friends. It's a very enjoyable advantage over regular pub play.

However you decide to approach it, it's always great to see people willing to help and create content for newer users. Maybe we'll see a Steam group in the future. Good luck!

(really sorry for tl;dr)

atmo

I’d like to see comparison of mids between the divisions. Like show a badlands mid from Div 6, then Div 5, etc up to prem. You can discuss at what point the balance of the fight changed, where people should have gotten out or pushed harder, things like that. It would probably be a fair amount of work in terms of video editing though.

Spike Himself

TC

Quoted from atmo

It would probably be a fair amount of work in terms of video editing though.

Why? If it’s a stream, why does it need video editing? Could just play the demo live.

atmo

True.

Ritalin

[d¿s]

Quoted from atmo

I’d like to see comparison of mids between the divisions. Like show a badlands mid from Div 6, then Div 5, etc up to prem.

I’d love to see this.

ThePledge

Good idea atmo, I actually like that a lot. I’ll probably implement that, if I were to stream in the (near) future.

Sunshine

re#

some great ideas here

I would deffo watch :)

JimmyBreeze

k^m

Go for it mate, if anyone has the ability and the enthusiasm required, it’s you!

atmo

Is it possible to edit the demoui overlay? It would probably be easiest for you to have the controls oon screen at all times, but the floating box looks bad. A full-width bar along the bottom would be best.

ThePledge

I’m sure you could create a banner/overlay that would cover up the demoui2. Guess that’s a good option.

Thanks Jimmy <3

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 4 Next »