Forum

A question to the Lower divisions

Created 7th September 2011 @ 11:43

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 5 Next »

Jazz

ScS|
(Q)<

Got a couple of questions to a top level demoman.

If you screw up the drop down jump of badlands (last jump) your left with 40-70 health. What do you do? Go valley, walk back around by second spawn or risk a jump up?

Also if there are over aggressive scouts on mid (mainly on gran, blands) whats the best way to combat them? As a team and as a demo? (say your sollies are slow to mid)

Finally, a general question if the other team is running kritz and you don’t have uber in time for the kritz what is the best way to deal with the threat? i.e take minimal losses.
Can you give two answers based on one situation being you don’t know the other team has kritz and the other being that you do know the other has kritz?

Cheers,

Jazz

Vali

-9w-

Quoted from Nagash

Who would you prioritise heals to, assuming everyone is in the same location, all are red health and all were recently damaged so that there’s no extra heal speed. A more details explaination of why each class in what order would be better help to people than a simple list :D

There is no correct answer to that question because healing order is informed by more factors than health and location, it is informed greatly by the situation as well. Besides red health could mean anything from 1-49% which would also make a difference based on the situation as classes would need to meet certain minimal or safe values (like those to rocket and stickyjump).

Out of combat you would generally want to heal the scouts first because they will be the ones that hang around you the least and need to go off to do their thing like hold the flank or cap a point. Whether you heal one scout or both depends on the availabilty and safety of medkits en route (maybe even neither scout on something like pushing granary mid uncontested). In combat the scouts will generally be the lowest priority but that might change depending on if your team is one that gets carried by your sick scout.

As for the heavies, as long as the healing values are safe and there is no immediate danger then the healing priority should more or less go towards who needs to be where and how soon. If your roaming solly needs to jump to spire to cap for example then heal them up first so they can go do their job, otherwise its generally demo > roaming > pocket. If you have an aggressive demo then he will usually be the first regardless; if you play with two aggressive sollies and a pocket demo then out of combat there is no harm healing up the demo last. In combat, demo > sollies > scouts as a general rule of thumb.

Specific situations will mess with any healing order you can think of, the most important thing is to be thinking “what things need to be done” and healing in an order that would get them done with the most efficiancy and greatest chance of success. A good example of this would be pushing out from badlands last where getting spire capped quickly is of utmost priority, followed by not getting backcapped and then being able to hold more aggressively. Healing up one scout first and lettting the other heal up on health packs on the way would get the most captime on the point quickest, but healing up the roaming solly (or whatever) on last would take priority over healing the solly or demo that you’re going to push out with.

doks

Quoted from Jazz

Got a couple of questions to a top level demoman.

If you screw up the drop down jump of badlands (last jump) your left with 40-70 health. What do you do? Go valley, walk back around by second spawn or risk a jump up?

Also if there are over aggressive scouts on mid (mainly on gran, blands) whats the best way to combat them? As a team and as a demo? (say your sollies are slow to mid)

Finally, a general question if the other team is running kritz and you don’t have uber in time for the kritz what is the best way to deal with the threat? i.e take minimal losses.
Can you give two answers based on one situation being you don’t know the other team has kritz and the other being that you do know the other has kritz?

Cheers,

Jazz

Im not a demo but even i can answer – if you fail the jump and have enough HP just go valley and walk up from valley to your own house. If you are low just go choke with the whole team. pretty much give up mid. If you have aggro scouts in granary go on the catwalk. Pretty much all high level teams use 2 scouts and the demo on catwalk[top].
how to handle crits ? sticky traps. If you cant hold with stickies – as soon as crits are poped – your solder has to jump and kill the medic -_- Also its easy to know if enemies have crits – the weapon itself looks different so anyone who is/was close to medic can call it. If its a middle fight – the enemies might be passive and try to stay back until they get the crits. In other cases just gamesense… imo kritz are super easy to counter – count ubers and jump and bomb the medic if they do push with kritz.

Trane

What would you class as a ‘standard’ Granary rollout? i.e. Which classes go where.

BTW – good work Fish, don’t think you’ve got much thanks for the work you and Vital are doing here. Plus I’ve seen you’re doing a fair bit of mentoring.

Swarlz

Heal Orders.

Depends on the situation, you may want to heal your soldier to go aggresive or your scouts to help clean up. There is no right or wrong answer however if you want a generic heal order
Demo
Scout
Soldiers

If they push with crits spread and focus down the dude being kritzed

Jazz

ScS|
(Q)<

Quoted from Swarlz

If they push with crits spread and focus down the dude being kritzed

Not the medic? Surely that would neutralise the threat straight away?

(btw not being annoying just want a explanation plox.)

Quoted from freshmeatt

Well #7 yo!

Fish, as a medic, what do you expect from scouts? Taking vital as an example, what part do your scouts play in the game and how do the rest adjust their play to that?

dis ‘ere is some interestin’ shit

Fish

UCAP.

merci for some great questions feel free to keep them coming! i have used all the ones prior for this and will proberly submit my answers to vanilla :)

feel free to join the vital spec group drop me a line if you simply cant wait that long! and i’ll link you to the article which will be on the vital website later :)

Nagash

[CiC]
CiC

nice answer Vali. Looks like you got the reason why i said a details explaination, cos it isn’t as cut and try as “this class then that class”, depends map, map location, people alive on other team, pushing, defending and whatever other balls.

Also was not a question for medics only to hear the answer of, but also all classes, cos some people rage at no heals but fail to realise that there’s other more important people to heal first, based on the situation

Spike Himself

TC

Some questions I may or may not already know the answer to, but may be interesting for others regardless (the answers to them, anyway!);

– As medic, how do you get both soldiers buffed to mid without equalizer?
– As pocket, how do I know when it’s okay to jump away from the medic? (for example at a nearly-capped spire and our scouts just went down, or something along those lines)
– As a roamer, when do I hang around the combo and when do I play with the scouts, and why?
– As demo, how do I know when the best time is to go all-out offensive and potentially die? Also, how on earth does the stairjump on badlands work?
– As scout, how do I practise/improve comms and teamwork with my scout partner?
– As medic, do I always need to keep as many players ubered as possible in a push? How do I tell?
– How do I improve chemistry with my teammates?
– All the other classes can play DM or whatever, but what’s the best way to warm up for a game as medic?
– As scout, my DM really shines, do I focus on chasing people down with a risk of dying, or should I always prioritise staying alive?

Might come up with more later..

wrex

Quoted from Spike Himself

Some questions I may or may not already know the answer to, but may be interesting for others regardless (the answers to them, anyway!);

– As medic, how do you get both soldiers buffed to mid without equalizer?
– As pocket, how do I know when it’s okay to jump away from the medic? (for example at a nearly-capped spire and our scouts just went down, or something along those lines)
– As a roamer, when do I hang around the combo and when do I play with the scouts, and why?
– As demo, how do I know when the best time is to go all-out offensive and potentially die? Also, how on earth does the stairjump on badlands work?
– As scout, how do I practise/improve comms and teamwork with my scout partner?
– As medic, do I always need to keep as many players ubered as possible in a push? How do I tell?
– How do I improve chemistry with my teammates?
– All the other classes can play DM or whatever, but what’s the best way to warm up for a game as medic?
– As scout, my DM really shines, do I focus on chasing people down with a risk of dying, or should I always prioritise staying alive?

Might come up with more later..

“- As a roamer, when do I hang around the combo and when do I play with the scouts, and why?”

The time when your 2 scouts are fighting 2 scouts, and the fighting is close to you, jump into the fight, and you won that “2v2 scout”, so you can push, because its 4v6 already.

“when do i hang around the combo” I dont rly know, its based on your position, time, etc…

Hope its usefull.(:

Sorry for my bad english :(

jackkai

8D

Hi i need help.
I play scout in a team
and i think we could get good if my scout partner was not shit.
Is there anything i can do about this ?
he always moans after deaths and get mad when other people tell him what hes doing wrong

What should i do ???

*He also thinks hes a good sniper when he is blatantly shit.

Thanks in advance Jackkai

dauk

Quoted from jackkai

Hi i need help.
I play scout in a team
he always moans after deaths and get mad when other people tell him what hes doing wrong

What should i do ???

if he does that then kick him

Jazz

ScS|
(Q)<

Quoted from jackkai

Hi i need help.
I play scout in a team

What should i do ???

i’m not prem but..

First off is the scout pulling down your whole team? If so you may wanna consider getting a new scout partner. If its his pure DM tell him to play more and maybe some MGE as well.

Tell him that he can’t snipe and that when he asks/goes sniper just say stop/no. start nice get harsh. Tell him that him sniping is us playing with 5 players.

You could put him into a more passive scout role just sit back and stand there and then you play a more aggressive scout.

OR make the other like the bait and set up baits around corners so you get the kill and it doesnt matter if he can’t aim as the main idea is that the player just tricks a player into following him so you can kill the player he has baited.

Equally just ingore the moaning and getting mad. Let him rage or tell him to suck up.

But if all fails and he is still being a douche i would consider kicking and just leaving him. After all, its just a game.

hope this is useful from a not prem/scout pov

Wabbeh

Quoted from Jazz

[…]

i’m not prem but..

First off is the scout pulling down your whole team? If so you may wanna consider getting a new scout partner. If its his pure DM tell him to play more and maybe some MGE as well.

Tell him that he can’t snipe and that when he asks/goes sniper just say stop/no. start nice get harsh. Tell him that him sniping is us playing with 5 players.

You could put him into a more passive scout role just sit back and stand there and then you play a more aggressive scout.

OR make the other like the bait and set up baits around corners so you get the kill and it doesnt matter if he can’t aim as the main idea is that the player just tricks a player into following him so you can kill the player he has baited.

Equally just ingore the moaning and getting mad. Let him rage or tell him to suck up.

But if all fails and he is still being a douche i would consider kicking and just leaving him. After all, its just a game.

hope this is useful from a not prem/scout pov

He was trolling cus his partner is konr :DDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Add A Reply Pages: « Previous 1 2 3 ... 5 Next »