Forum

I am new to this competetive stuff and I have some questions

Created 1st September 2011 @ 05:43

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

I didn’t know if I should have posted this in the ETF2L forum or this one, but this one was more active, so whatever. Anyway! I have been playing TF2 for over two years now and I am about to get into this whole competitive scene. I started a team and am about to sign up for this next league 6v6. I have a couple of questions though:

1. Do 6v6 teams HAVE to have 2 scouts, 2 soldiers, 1 demoman, and 1 medic?
2. Can players change between classes? Ex: solly player switches classes with demoman.

That’s pretty much all I need to know. If there is anything people would like to inform me about, please do so, because like I said, I’m new.

Sc

soldier can swich whit demomen (demo takes soldier and soldier takes demo) but you cant play whit 2 demo
and usual scouts ar offclasing on last point as sniper/spy or if you are defending heavy/pyro

naMu

LAITON
KUKKO!

1) no, only limits are class limit 1 on medic, demo, heavy. Reason why everyone is playing 2 scouts, 2 sollies, 1demo, 1 medic is that it has formed to be the ‘cookie cutter’ team build and the most effective one. You can use what ever mix up of classes within these limits.

2) yes they can but they cannot be out of the respawn with 2 demomen since the limit is 1. and when your demoman dies and someone else picks up demomant while he is on respawn timer… it’s not exactly illegal, but questionable yes.

also, read this trough:
http://etf2l.org/forum/league/topic-12510/?recent=274229

Forsak3n

S

1. It hasn’t been set to have, so you can modify your line-up as you want but the “default” line-up will be much more considered & easier to play. =)

Forsak3n

S

Holy Donut, it is European League, so it is not comfortable for you to play here.
Check this out http://esea.net/ for NA league.

WildEast

.:EnG!:.
<3

Quoted from Forsak3n

Holy Donut, it is European League, so it is not comfortable for you to play here.

^
Playtimes/Pings will make you suffer, ETF2L is most suited for afros.

Tornf4lk

cc//

Nvm really

Quoted from Forsak3n

Honestly wasn’t aware that it would make much of a difference, but after looking at the nationalities, I guess you’re right. I don’t want to be playing with a 200 ping. I’ll check out that league and sorry for the inconvenience everyone.

Andee

GoT<3
HoT<3

Good luck Donut, and have fun with your competitive adventure :)

Thank you, but before I depart can someone guide me to a league similar to ETF2L? I took a look at ESEA and it looks a bit too serious business for my taste. Or maybe I’m being a bit dramatic -.-

And wtf is premium? Man, this is weird.

EDIT: I have to pay to play with ESEA, which is supposedly the most popular league in NA? ETF2L, why can’t you be a global league?!

AcidReniX

RaWr ::

Quoted from naMu

2) yes they can but they cannot be out of the respawn with 2 demomen since the limit is 1. and when your demoman dies and someone else picks up demomant while he is on respawn timer… it’s not exactly illegal, but questionable yes.

It’s such a grey area, just no one has really bothered to exploit it too much. If your medic dies, you could technically switch someone to medic immediately and give yourself 15 seconds of uber you wouldn’t normally have.

Also, you can send a demoman really aggresive, and keep someone in spawn. Second your demoman dies, you change a second player to demoman and get back in position for the defence. A lot of enemy teams will try to push once your demoman is down, even if they aren’t in a great position (no uber yet etc..). It will be a suprise for them to see there is a demoman in position waiting to defend.

Grey area! The only time I’ve really seen it used is on gravelpit when trying to defend C. Demoman dies and say, your medic will swap to demoman because otherwise they have no chance getting on the tower in time.

doks

Quoted from Holy Donut

Thank you, but before I depart can someone guide me to a league similar to ETF2L? I took a look at ESEA and it looks a bit too serious business for my taste. Or maybe I’m being a bit dramatic -.-

EDIT: I have to pay to play with ESEA, which is supposedly the most popular league in NA? ETF2L, why can’t you be a global league?!

I`m pretty sure you can play without the premium.

Forsak3n

S

Quoted from Holy Donut

As I know you shouldn’t pay till you get into Invite Division. (As I know there are 3 divisions named – Open -> Intermediate -> Invite) :p

Good luck in ya future mate.

Skyride

DUCS

Quoted from Holy Donut

Dunno what to say other than be deadly honest, the NA scene is a joke compared to over here in EU :( .

ESEA is the serious business league, check out CEVO and UGC. Hopefully they’ll be a bit more along the lines of what you’re looking for.

gl!

I’m taking a look at UGC and it seems to be a pretty ok league, so I’m making a team there! Thanks for the help, gentlemen.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »