Forum

Looking for a scout mentor

Created 30th July 2011 @ 17:20

Add A Reply Pages: 1

wrecksan

.:ne:.

Hey, I’ve had quite a lot of public experience but no PuG experience, I was wondering if there are any scout mentors out there that are willing to mentor me.

I’m not sure how I go about being mentored so if anyone could help me in this I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

Orchid

|=3

Somebody should deffo set up that mentor-irc-chan thing again. Too many mentees around lately, worst of them being ghostfish.

Ghostface

spire

No, Orchid. There’s a difference.

I WANT a mentor because I want to improve.

You NEED a mentor because you’re bad.

Also, Canfo said that it’s on their to-do list to make a subforum about mentoring and stuff.

IPZIE

SUAVE

orchid über alles!

Jazz

ScS|
(Q)<

Quoted from Orchid

Somebody should deffo set up that mentor-irc-chan thing again.

I do agree. would be nice to have a good mentor system to help players that need it :D

herpderp

DAKKA

Quoted from Ghostface

No, Orchid. There’s a difference.

I WANT a mentor because I want to improve.

You NEED a mentor because you’re bad.

Might want to start with an attitude improvement.

Head Hunter

With respect, mentoring should be about a fairly well established player or team looking to improve but just can’t identify what’s stopping them perhaps the true div3 – div2 gap. Or a decent div 4 team can’t quite make it into div3.

It shouldn’t really be “Hey I’m new, please get a good scout/(class) to help me at game” Because the best way to start is to just find out the quintessential basics and just play to get better. Most have no history of even playing in a team!!! Sorry if this sounds directed at the creator of this thread, it’s more of a general comment due to a lot of similar posts lately :)
I know we want to get an influx of new players into competitive, but before people blindly request for a mentor they should at least open their eyes themselves to the game.

wrecksan

.:ne:.

It’s fine I appreciate the advice, I was advised to seek out a mentor if I’m starting as it would help me get rid of any bad habits before they start and I would be able to improve more, I understand that they are needed more for already established players though, I’m certainly not denying that.

Old_Grandma

OGizzle

Quoted from herpderp

[…]

Might want to start with an attitude improvement.

^ this guy lacks humor.

Head Hunter

Quoted from wrecksan

It’s fine I appreciate the advice, I was advised to seek out a mentor if I’m starting as it would help me get rid of any bad habits before they start and I would be able to improve more, I understand that they are needed more for already established players though, I’m certainly not denying that.

Good luck finding one, didn’t want to give the impression that you don’t deserve/ shouldn’t be allowed. Just hope you (and all others) have already tried putting effort in yourself before requesting another persons time etc :)

Add A Reply Pages: 1