Forum

Need Soldier mentor

Created 28th July 2011 @ 21:59

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »

Ghostface

spire

There really should be a universal thread for this sort of thing, but here I go.

I’m looking for a soldier mentor who’s willing to look at my demos (atleast) occasionally, if not more, and tell me what I should and shouldn’t be doing at certain times. I really wanna improve and get out of this “shroud of bad” that most people think I’m in. Not that I’d care about reputation or anything like that, but it just gets frustrating when you’re looking for a team.

Also, letting me spec your team’s games would be a huge plus.
I’m also on the lookout for some mix buddies/people who do doublemixes. Pixel pickups are still ok but ever since it was made open I see a lot of people who have no idea what to do or dont show up at all/troll, so you know…

IPZIE

SUAVE

add slate from trick17. hes one hell of a friendly guy o/ gl

Ordinator

tuhi

Why are everybody looking for a mentor to do their job? It’s not that hard to look at top lvl players and compare their play with yours.

Thalash

wG
S-O

Quoted from Ordinator

Why are everybody looking for a mentor to do their job? It’s not that hard to look at top lvl players and compare their play with yours.

Because a mentor will be able to go more in depth with you.

Stimpy

Quoted from Ghostface

There really should be a universal thread for this sort of thing, but here I go.

I’m looking for a soldier mentor who’s willing to look at my demos (atleast) occasionally, if not more, and tell me what I should and shouldn’t be doing at certain times. I really wanna improve and get out of this “shroud of bad” that most people think I’m in. Not that I’d care about reputation or anything like that, but it just gets frustrating when you’re looking for a team.

Also, letting me spec your team’s games would be a huge plus.
I’m also on the lookout for some mix buddies/people who do doublemixes. Pixel pickups are still ok but ever since it was made open I see a lot of people who have no idea what to do or dont show up at all/troll, so you know…

You ever watch ur own demos? I watched u play a game the other day, and it was terrible. as for slating people trying pickup, im 90% sure they will pick the game up faster than you have.

On a side note, if u want i can watch a demo with you. I would like to hear your thoughts on you play, then i will offer you mine.

Biohazard

IDK

Quoted from Thalash

[…]

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/4/24/07ec8c48-7948-4c22-aedf-5e26b50642e5.jpg

Ordinator

tuhi

Quoted from Thalash

[…]

If we are speaking about Byte’s mentoring teams then yes, but a mentor for basic gameplay? TF2 not that hard.

hurr

Been seeing lots of “what’s your x sens” and “how do you push x” and “I need a mentor for x” and “I wanna help out x players” and “here are educational vods of me playing pr0 tf2 plz watch!!1!1111!!” threads around here lately.

Would be nice to have some sort of Mentor/Class discussion sub-forum, from what it seems these type of threads are all over the place and needs to get sorted together. Would help incoming new players a tad as well.

Ghostface

spire

Right now you’re madding and threatening to “stop helping everyone”.
Come to think about it, what HAVE you done for the community? You accuse blorg of sitting on his fat ass(<3 u chubbs) doing nothing, but what have you brought to the plate?

Anyway, please keep this thread clear of poop and pointless banter. I want a soldier mentor, not butthurt kids.

rtan

-9w-

now now, djshrew has helped a lot of div6 players/teams through the seasons, he even helped snuke a little bit like 2 years ago when me and poop were div5 shitters. stop the hatin’

CanFo

(Legend)
[HA]
#T4F

Why don’t you settle this on steam or IRC? :) Next offtopic comments win free forum bans. Sad that this seems to be the only way to stop the offtopic comments :(
Good luck Ghostface!

arc

iSlam

Quoted from

[…]

This made me smile, Maybe I should just hack like u? maybe i have been in the lower div’s through choice, just maybe i have been helping the tf2 community. More to the point what the fuck have u done for tf2 do shitty vids of u hacking and other hackers?

Also speak to me like shit when u get some balls kid.

Chris ur to pro for me, but ur such a little whiny bitch honestly the drivel that come out your mouth.

Dummy u still mad?

oh and fuck it i will stop helping people, seems im just a shitter anyway.

You’re going to stop helping new players and teams just because you don’t enough get acknowledgement and respect from a few people on ETF2L forums?

I’m sure you’ve helped loads of teams and can do so in the future, you shouldn’t really care about what a few people think.

– see you tomorrow –

Stimpy

Quoted from Ghostface

Right now you’re madding and threatening to “stop helping everyone”.
Come to think about it, what HAVE you done for the community? You accuse blorg of sitting on his fat ass(<3 u chubbs) doing nothing, but what have you brought to the plate?

Anyway, please keep this thread clear of poop and pointless banter. I want a soldier mentor, not butthurt kids.

Hummm…
Helped atleast 2 teams this year, Got IDK a private sponsor, created some shitty youtube vids the people chattted shit about to stopped making them.

Was planning on casting the lower div teams, which bearing in mind there is more and more free2play player, people may have been interested in.

Been over maps with loads of player over the years, explaining the dynamics of the game to people ever since i registed on etf2l.

Dummy

Quoted from Stimpy

[…]

Hummm…
Helped atleast 2 teams this year, Got IDK a private sponsor, created some shitty youtube vids the people chattted shit about to stopped making them.

Was planning on casting the lower div teams, which bearing in mind there is more and more free2play player, people may have been interested in.

Been over maps with loads of player over the years, explaining the dynamics of the game to people ever since i registed on etf2l.

not relevant, so what, ive mentored about a dozen players in the past year from NA and 2 europeans and 1 team, but im not going around using it as an argument or something or whining and saying I will stop because someone doesnt agree with me, rofl
mostly just confused why you had to attack ghostface out of nowhere in this thread, he was being relatively nice after all

– see you tomorrow –

Ghostface

spire

Well that’s fun and all but I still need and want a mentor.

Add A Reply Pages: 1 2 Next »